The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now with the mod support

+
Such a fine day.

It's so good the forums are crashing and burning under the load.

:surprise:"THE FORUMS!"

:grrr:"CDPR MOD TOOLS PUTS OUT. FORUMS BOOM BOOM GO. BIG BOOM."

Thank you :) !

Does this tool allows us to, let's say, manually put some characters back in the game world post endgame or restore Kaer Morhen after Wild Hunt's confrontation ?

Last edited:
Very cool news but I do hope that the future of Witcher 3 modding will be a lot more than just texture packs and game tweaks, I'd love to see new monsters, areas, quests, items, characters, even total game conversion overhauls!

I really hope the REDkit modding tools are done by the next dlc

Don't get your hopes high. This ModKit is apparently only thing they will release.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/632182348260470784

redkit, you can modify everything

As far as i know this is not RedKit and it is limited tool (mainly asset modding and scripts editing).

...shit I just read Marcin's Twitter post. We won't get a full REDkit. That means no new fan made adventures or a map editor. This is disappointing.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes high. This ModKit is apparently only thing they will release.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/632182348260470784

As far as i know this is not RedKit and it is limited tool (mainly asset modding and scripts editing).

And you don't get your hopes too low. Remember, the modkit just released came totally unannounced. So it is totally possible that there is more coming in the future. The community just have to prove how strong the interest in modding the game really is. :)

Last edited:
I'm not much of a modifier myself, so I'll be curious to see what creative additions and alterations our avid community produces. Have a jolly good time, friends!

I like doing mods, was waiting patiently for the redkit 2 but it seems like we will get this instead. too bad all of my big modding plans for the game went in flames.

---------- Updated at 07:48 PM ----------

A question for CDPR why cant we get a graphic interface that will do all of the batch command arguments? it feels like working on MS DOS.

Will we be able to download redkit 2 some day in the future?

I'm underwhelmed by the capabilities of this modkit, and very disappointed if Marcins tweet is accurate for TW3's future, which I believe will be severely diminished without the ability to design new areas.

Marcin Momot said:
This is the mod support for the Wild Hunt. At this moment we are not planning to release anything else.

I'm underwhelmed by the capabilities of this modkit, and very disappointed if Marcins tweet is accurate for TW3's future, which I believe will be severely diminished without the ability to design new areas.

Looking at both the Witcher Reddit and these boards, CDPR need to go on some damage control regarding the mod tools. Need someone to clear up exactly what the roadmap for the tools are. If they reveal they're having engine/kit issues, or the full package is some time away, at least we'd have confirmation they're actively working on it. Don't need dates or promises, a simple nod will suffice.

I struggle to believe they'd leave it at this. CDPR know full well how important it is to the Witcher series, and these types of games in general. I have faith.

I really hope this time around, ModKit, RedKit and whatever tools you'll make will be supported in the upcoming Linux release of the Witcher 3 from day one, unlike it happened with TW2 which until today didn't get RedKit support.

Last edited:
I really hope this time around, ModKit, RedKit and whatever tools you'll make will be supported in the upcoming Linux release of the Witcher 3 from day one, unlike it happened with TW2 which until today didn't get RedKit support.

Wouldn't get your hopes up. It's tough not to be cynical after seeing them go multiplatform.

Wouldn't get your hopes up. It's tough not to be cynical after seeing them go multiplatform.
Well, they can always redeem themselves ;) However you are probably right, until they'll get to their engine licensing plans and will have to support all platforms equally well because of that, modding won't be uniformly supported either.

On the other hand, TW2 port wasn't a proper engine port, but a wrapper. So they probably didn't even care to port the RedKit at that time. But with the new engine, it's supposed to be native if they want to stand any chance to be competitive, so there is a chance that RedKit will follow as well.

Last edited:

All Shiny and Chrome

How long do you think it will take modders to fix all the quest bugs that CDPR's been unable to fix for the last 3 months? 2 days? 4? A week, tops?

I'm confused by the tweets... Is the ModKit just a sample for the long wait for the RedKit2 (and so there will be a proper RedKit2 someday in the future) or this is it, this ModKit is the only mod tool we will ever have? The devs really need to explain...

Hmm, looks like modders will be able to modify the game, but not create new content in the same way RedKit2 allowed it.

From all the tweets I would suspect that we don't get RedKit3, otherwise they would have already said so that this is just the beginning and the real RedKit comes later, even though I think that's a wasted opportunity to keep the game alive for years, for instance people still play Skyrim and not for the game itself anymore, but because there are thousands of mods and still new ones each day (others would claim that's why they played it in the first place). With the upcoming release of Fallout IV maybe a lot of modders won't even start doing their work on Witcher 3 and move from Skyrim to Fallout without looking at Witcher 3 (just my assumption).

But looking back how many people actually created content with RedKit2, they probably thought that the work for it isn't worth it. People could already create complete new content with it, yet only very few did it. Maybe because modders thought why do it for Witcher 2, when Witcher 3 is already out next year?

I would suspect that due to the success of Witcher 3, the modding scene is already much bigger than it was ever for Witcher 2, so again, it's a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Even though I have absolute no knowledge about modding, the ModKit may limit the modders in their freedom, but that doesn't mean we Edit: won't see a lot of new and more mods soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom