The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PAX East 2015 Official Gameplay Video

+
Just watch only one fight on 35-min gameplay (21min in video) and back here - you will understand me.

I was not replying to your comment. If I was interested in entering a downgrade debate I would have posted much more than I did addressing each point. Alas, after seeing other threads about it, I opt out of the conversation.

Alright, I watched the uncompressed version of the gameplay and now can write an epistle containing my observations. Be aware, like in all of my previous posts if you don't want to read a critical post don't bother reading on.
The trailer was short and little can be taken from it but anyway I am going to write on it.
Since this snnipet of gameplay we got contained mostly combat I am going to start off with this aspcet of the game.

Combat:

I liked the locked camera during Wyvern fight scene. The choice of locking the camera onto a flying target seems to be a only reasonable option on the table and it's done properly, meaning it helps keeping track of whats going on during combat rather than obscure the view. Geralt attack and movement aniamtions looks good. Almost all things (movement, clothing, animations) regarding Geralt seems to be aproached by the developer with great attention to the detail.
This, sadly, cannot be said with about the Wyvern. Flying animations looked atrocious. Wyvern was 'swimming' through the air rather than flying. Same goes for its attack aniamtions. They seemed wieghtless to me, not to mention a bit cluncky and rigid. Thank the god it at least moved and attacked believably when on the ground.

Graphics:

Art design is top notch level. It was always a strong point of TW series. Wyvern art concept is fantastic because it's something I had a certain image of before and they done it with freshnes. Nice. NPC and Geralt's clothing art design is brilliant as well.

Vegetation would be fabulous if not for the grass. Rocks (and some other minor objects) finally have shadows, a feature which was missing in some previous trailers. Sky looks really okay. The thing that surprised me the most was the cavern. I am falimiar with cavern as I visited many in my life and I was amazed they was able to pour credibilty into it (especially when comapred to many other generic-looking caverns in other games).

Physics/Animations:
Wooaw. Wind effects on Geralts robe as well as on the tress and bushes is astonishing. Good job Cdpred. I still claim Roach is one of the best animated horse in history of gaming :) .

Inventory/HUD:
A huge upgrade on the previous one. it seems to be more utilitarian which is good. I take practicality over fancyness any day. HUD is gowd :) .

To sum up. The game looks and feels really okay. Shame it wasn't out last December when it would really blow competition out of the water cus I doubt it would in the May.

Last edited:
The grass looks so bad. In the beginning you can see it moving through ground. It also grows through rocks and benches and wood everywhere. The trees and other vegetation looks really great tho.

Did anyone notice the map? theres a highlighted area, maybe the area where the player is located?
Nice catch, but I can see there more highlighted areas. I think it shows all locations you can get to. I can see highlited also Skellige and even Wizima if I am not mistaken

Last edited:
Nice catch, but I can see there more highlighted areas. I think it shows all locations you can get to. I can see highlited also Skellige and even Wizima if I am not mistaken
Yep, you're right. The highlighted areas are probably the ingame world. Here's the map from the unboxing of the Xone CE.
View attachment 11138

Attachments

• TW3 mapicky.jpg
    TW3 mapicky.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 40
And what about other media? Can we expext updates in Sccreenshots and artworks tread? And is the GDC and PAX the last event till 19 of May or we still be receiving some new materials about the Witcher 3:Wild Hunt?

Guest 3790055

And what about other media? Can we expext updates in Sccreenshots and artworks tread? And is the GDC and PAX the last event till 19 of May or we still be receiving some new materials about the Witcher 3:Wild Hunt?

I don't think there is any other big events before May :/

I appreciate the design in games rather than graphics, and so far I like how TW3 looks. Level designers did a great job at creating the world. Every screenshot and video with locations from the game looks gorgeous to me. Just can't wait to start exploring the Northern Kingdoms. :p

CDPR you are good as always. Thanks. :cheers:

Will there be the other feeds till may, or GDC and PAX was the last ones? Can we expect screenshots and artworks updates soon?

I am fully satisfied with the graphics but I wish only contrast and brightness were slightly lower. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 2015-03-15_000108.jpg
    2015-03-15_000108.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks really great! And there's Royal Wyverns from Witcher 1!!! :thumbsup: Does that mean there will be ordinary Wyverns as well? Like two varieties of the same monster? Yeah, I'm fishing for info. ::)

I'm very happy with what I'm seeing! Good job devs, as always!!! ^_^

Last edited:
Looks really great! And there's Royal Wyverns from Witcher 1!!! :thumbsup: Does that mean there will be ordinary Wyverns as well? Like two varieties of the same monster? Yeah, I'm fishing for info. ::)

I'm very happy with what I'm seeing! Good job devs, as always!!! ^_^

One of the RED's answered that in the polish forum. He said there will be a basic Wyvern that going to look just like the one from The Witcher 1, just will be larger. He also confimed another monster: widłogon (sorry, I don't know how it''s called in English):

http://wiedzmin.wikia.com/wiki/Wid%C5%82ogon

Top Bottom