The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
I hope it's the right thread for that question: How do you think TW3 will compare to GTA5 in terms of system requirement? If I can run GTA V properly with almost everything maxed, what settings can I expect for TW3? I'm hoping High at least, Very High would be great, but that might be a stretch on my laptop.

Like the difference between facing a junior league slow bowler and a WCL fast bowler.

The Witcher 3 will stretch ordinary gaming PCs as far as they can be stretched. The minimum specs for TW3 are almost the same as the recommended for GTA V, and there is no evidence that CDPR has inflated those requirements. A system that plays GTA V just fine may struggle at low-medium settings or reduced resolution on TW3, and I'd be concerned about heat trying to play it on a laptop.

---------- Updated at 10:18 AM ----------

Can I play with intel i7 5500U, Nvidia geforce GTX 840m 2gb, 8gb ram?

Nice CPU. The 840m is going to be a problem, though. It is below anything even close to the minimum requirement. (I'd expect the desktop GM107 (745/750/750Ti) to represent a playable sub-minimum. But the 840m (GM108 ) is a considerable step down (half the memory width and ROPs) from even those.)

Hi all, I was hoping I could get some feedback before I make my purchase! I am trying to decide between buying TW3 on PC or PS4.

My current rig;
i7 950 CPU
GTX 580 SLI
3x4GB RAM
Crucial M500 250GB SSD
1920x1080 resolution

Obviously I am trying to run this game at the highest settings I can with my PC, but I am not sure if my PC is going to be able to run this game better than the PS4. The 580s only have 1.5GB of VRAM. Please let me know what you guys think, I'd rather get the PC version so I can use mods, but I ultimately care more about having the smoothest and most enjoyable experience.

Something weird with my graphics card? I'm playing the Black Flag and in the starting area, the island.. when looking in the far distant, the frame rates is 29. And this is on the recommended settings thru the NIVIDIA Experience.

And this game isn't as beautiful as Witcher 3 so that makes me a bit worried?

Update: Okay, that's weird. After using MSI Afterburner software to show framerate, I decided to try Fraps and then I got a quite different framerate, so confusing. :X

Attachments

• AC4BFSP_2015_05_02_09_44_53_919.jpg
    AC4BFSP_2015_05_02_09_44_53_919.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 45
  • AC4BFSP 2015-05-02 09-52-56-20.jpg
    AC4BFSP 2015-05-02 09-52-56-20.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Something weird with my graphics card? I'm playing the Black Flag and in the starting area, the island.. when looking in the far distant, the frame rates is 29. And this is on the recommended settings thru the NIVIDIA Experience.

And this game isn't as beautiful as Witcher 3 so that makes me a bit worried?
Check your Anti-aliasing & PhysX settings in the graphics options. The latter especially can be a real performance hog. Reduce the setting or disable it altogether.

Also now that I look your image, your GPU usage is quite low as well. Hmm..

Check your Anti-aliasing & PhysX settings in the graphics options. The latter especially can be a real performance hog. Reduce the setting or disable it altogether.

Also now that I look your image, your GPU usage is quite low as well. Hmm..
I turned OFF the Anti-Aliasing & PhsyX completely.
Now my framerate is stuck at 30.
If I look down on my feet it get to 60.

This is so weird.

Then it's V-sync. If you want V-sync on you will need to use something like D3d Overrider to force Triple Buffering on the game. (Thanks Ubi)

Sorry, I thought there was something wrong with the card. I don't care so much about the game above, I am only testing my graphics card for The Witcher 3. I hope to be able to use VSync in The Witcher 3 without getting such bad performance.

As sid's already pointed out, this is getting way off topic. Could you move it to another thread if you want to discuss vsync or other issues?

I have an i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz and a GTX 780.

Do you think I'll be ok running it at 1440p, or should I invest in a new CPU or GPU?

Or will overclocking my CPU or GPU be the best way to go? If so, could you please direct me to somewhere that tells me how to do that?

Note: My motherboard doesn't support SLI, so I can't just get another 780 to improve performance.

Im sure you will be able to run the game with decent settings and framerate (high settings or even one or two options on ultra if your happy with 30 fps), thats a good PC even for that resolution. Now with that said, a simple overclock to the card wouldnt hurt and sometimes those extra 5 fps really make a difference.

I have an i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz and a GTX 780.

Do you think I'll be ok running it at 1440p, or should I invest in a new CPU or GPU?

Or will overclocking my CPU or GPU be the best way to go? If so, could you please direct me to somewhere that tells me how to do that?

Note: My motherboard doesn't support SLI, so I can't just get another 780 to improve performance.
Define ok?

I doubt you'll run into problems running the game with your setup @ 1440p, but you will more than likely need to lower your graphics settings or play with reduced frame rates.

Hi, all
I've been trying to see if that was maybe answered, but man, this is a long thread. So anyway, given my video card budget I can either go for GTX970 SLI or GTX 980
Was wondering what is better, given that I would plan to play W3 in 1440p?
Again - sorry if this was already answered somewhere, and thank you so much for your help!

Guest 3790055

Hi, all
I've been trying to see if that was maybe answered, but man, this is a long thread. So anyway, given my video card budget I can either go for GTX970 SLI or GTX 980
Was wondering what is better, given that I would plan to play W3 in 1440p?
Again - sorry if this was already answered somewhere, and thank you so much for your help!
2 GTX970 are better than a single GTX980 (if SLI is supported, and TW3 will be) but the problem is we don't the VRAM usage. So at 1440p I think going for a single GTX 980 is a safer bet, but the best would be to wait the release to have more infos.

And I don't think it's a good idea to choose pc parts for only one game. You should consider things globally; e.g. Are my games/programs I want to use, SLI compatible? Do I need more than 3.5 VRAM for what I plan to do? Does the extra-price worth the extra performance? etc.

ANyone here with the tech expertise to tell me if my specs can run this game really well (60fps) on high settings

i7 920 overclocked to 3.5ghz
GTX 970
8gb ram

ANyone here with the tech expertise to tell me if my specs can run this game really well (60fps) on high settings

i7 920 overclocked to 3.5ghz
GTX 970
8gb ram

High probably yes. May need to select from ultra settings to keep performance. We don't *know* what is actually require for all bells and whistles, and also resolution and AA/ubersampling has a definite influence on performance.

Top Bottom