The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Can you guys help me with an honest curiosity

THe game is almost out, and i preordered it a year ago. since then i,ve been asking in many forums about the pc requirements and if i will be able to handle it. some say i will some say i wont
being this the Official witcher forum, and counting on it to follow the example of the amazing team behind this game. Can you guys tell me if i can run this game ?

CPU: I7-4700MQ
GPU: Geforce GTX 770M
MEMORY: 16gb ram

I aprreciate you guys fot taking your time and answering my question. Thanks

It should run (as long as you have a 64bit windows OS). Mid-lowish I'd guess (as the mobile GPU is a bit weaker than a similarly named desktop one - which would get you to 'recommended'), but you should have some ability to optimise the most important settings upwards..

Apart from a *rough* idea of what a reasonable minimum is, and what was pushing 60fps at "mostly" uber a month ago... no one really knows how performance will be.
IQ settings depend on hardware to some extent... but also on your demand for resolution and frame-rate. If you insist on huge resolutions and fast frame rates you need to compromise expensive shaders... If you are using lower resolutions and accept 'usable' framerates, then you can increase settings and IQ.

Some settings are very expensive and only suitable for top end machines, others are matters of taste (e.g. sharpening, DOF, CA, Bloom). Previously I've had no choice than to set off the computationally intense settings, and choose to disable most post-processing. Other people prefer quite heavy post processing settings.

Hi.

My specs are:

i7-4790K 4GHz
MSI Z97 GAMING 5
ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB
8GB Ram DDR3 1600MHz

Would I be satisifed running it on my pc or should I just buy it for ps4?

Hi.

My specs are:

i7-4790K 4GHz
MSI Z97 GAMING 5
ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB
8GB Ram DDR3 1600MHz

Would I be satisifed running it on my pc or should I just buy it for ps4?

That is comfortably at and above "recommended". Should manage high, maybe with some uber settings at 40-60fps. This is going to be a better experience than PS4, IMO. Plus has the option for modding support.

Now I really don't know what to get it on I was going to get on ps4 since u guys think it will play better then my pc set up which is it's an
i5 2.7ghz cpu.
Intel dp55kg mobo.
1tb hdd.
8gb ram.
Sapphire Dual-X 100365BF4L Radeon R9 270
But with the ps4 reviews out and it getting hit on performance I thinking maybe just getting it on my pc what u guys think

Now I really don't know what to get it on I was going to get on ps4 since u guys think it will play better then my pc set up which is it's an
i5 2.7ghz cpu.
Intel dp55kg mobo.
1tb hdd.
8gb ram.
Sapphire Dual-X 100365BF4L Radeon R9 270
But with the ps4 reviews out and it getting hit on performance I thinking maybe just getting it on my pc what u guys think
I'd definitely get it on the PC if I were you.

Yes but will it play the game the same or better then the ps4

There really is no rush.

Do not buy either version of the game until you find out PC benchmarks. The PC version still has not been released for review., so the rest is hearsay.
Why rush a purchase if you don't know all the facts yet? Your R9 270 is below the minimum spec. but, by how much and would it be a better experience than your PS4? Likely - but I'm not guaranteeing anything and all people can do is speculate.

The game isn't going anything. If you have a questionable PC rig, then do yourself a favor and wait until you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Please be sure of the information we can be sure of when posting in a technical thread. Misleading members, especially by telling them their hardware does not meet the game specification, could cost somebody a lot of money. You don't want to be the one who does that.

@chrisguyver
The R9 270 EXCEEDS the minimum requirement (not by much, but it is an improved 7870, and the 7870 is the minimum AMD card).
The CPU (has to be a Lynnfield with those specs) is short of the minimum requirement. We don't think this will make a difference.
Overall, it should outperform the PS4, but it won't blow the magic smoke off it.

With just a few days before the game is in the hands of the forum volunteers, who can give you straight answers on what to expect from minimum and sub-minimum systems, you are well advised to wait for better information.

One thing I kind of find solace is in graphical settings that can be lowered without a big visual difference, like say ubersampling. I am guessing the specs that are supposedly needed to max out the game (the GTX 980 and whatnot) are needed for that, so weaker systems may be able to play without those hardware intense settings.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

I wonder what makes the Minimum CPUs equivalent in the context of The Witcher 3. I ask because the CPUmarks are not equivalent; the Intel scores about 6400 and the AMD about 3600. (My overclocked Intel Q9300 also has a CPUmark of 3600.)

However, the CPUmarks of the Recommended CPUs are both around 9000.

We do not know; it seems that if a Phenom II is a playable minimum, then a Core 2 Quad (like the still-common Q9550) should do as well.

It could be as simple as tech support doesn't have so can't evaluate C2Q and Lynnfield CPUs, or Fermi GPUs.

Please be sure of the information we can be sure of when posting in a technical thread. Misleading members, especially by telling them their hardware does not meet the game specification, could cost somebody a lot of money. You don't want to be the one who does that.

@chrisguyver
The R9 270 EXCEEDS the minimum requirement (not by much, but it is an improved 7870, and the 7870 is the minimum AMD card).
The CPU (has to be a Lynnfield with those specs) is short of the minimum requirement. We don't think this will make a difference.
Overall, it should outperform the PS4, but it won't blow the magic smoke off it.

With just a few days before the game is in the hands of the forum volunteers, who can give you straight answers on what to expect from minimum and sub-minimum systems, you are well advised to wait for better information.

Thank you for the reply

Ok guys. GTA V convinced me that my GPU (GTX 860M) is capable enough - I can run that game at very high settings at 45-55 FPS, with texture settings at Very High. I've got a 1080p 13" screen, so I use, at most, FXAA or 2x MSAA/TXAA.

How likely is it that I can jack up texture settings, given that I will not use much AA, if at all?

Ok guys. GTA V convinced me that my GPU (GTX 860M) is capable enough - I can run that game at very high settings at 45-55 FPS, with texture settings at Very High. I've got a 1080p 13" screen, so I use, at most, FXAA or 2x MSAA/TXAA.

How likely is it that I can jack up texture settings, given that I will not use much AA, if at all?

I do not share your optimism. GTA V is a much less demanding game, and your extrapolation may not hold water.

Your GTX 860M is about half of the minimum requirement for the game. Consoles are likely to outperform it handily, and you will find yourself limited to reduced resolution and settings.

If we get good reports from members running with GPUs such as the 650Ti and 750Ti, it may do about as well.

Last edited:
@ GuyNwah, I74930K @ 4 Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz, Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI.
Can i reach acepteble framerates on ultra and beyond, with @ least 4xMSAA on 1080p with a minimum of 60 fps on a 120 hertz screen ?

I was wondering if when I play the game on pc with the minimum requirements, (except for my video card is 660 ti and I have 8 gb ram) will the game look exactly like the PS4 version. Reason for this question is because I saw a picture of
Kaer Morhen
on the ps4. It didn't look that spectacular and I was hoping it would look better on my pc.

I do not share your optimism. GTA V is a much less demanding game, and your extrapolation may not hold water.

Your GTX 860M is about half of the minimum requirement for the game. Consoles are likely to outperform it handily, and you will find yourself limited to reduced resolution and settings.

If we get good reports from members running with GPUs such as the 650Ti and 750Ti, it may do about as well.
That's a bummer. I read elsewhere that my GPu is on par or slightly exceeds the processing power of the GPU in the PS4...

Top Bottom