The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Just out of curiosity: Are you using Mantle in DAI?

Curiousity? This is a path that leads the wanderer abruptly into the fatally tangled thicket...of HERESY.

Also, yes.

I ran in DX, but saw an FPS drop of 5-10, iirc. Mantle was smoother.

Hey guys, first post here. Since the release of system requirements for TW3 earlier, I was wondering if my FX-4100 would be sufficient enough to run the game at high setting ( my system meets all the other recommended requirements). The 4100 will mostly be in 4.2-4.6 GHz range; will the game mostly rely on heavy multithreading that a quad core 4100 will not be able to handle well enough at said setting? And to what setting do recommended requirements correlate to in terms of low, med, high, ultra etc... Any ideas or clarifications are welcomed.

PS. Thanks sfinx121 to showing me where to post this.

Curiousity? This is a path that leads the wanderer abruptly into the fatally tangled thicket...of HERESY.

Also, yes.

I ran in DX, but saw an FPS drop of 5-10, iirc. Mantle was smoother.
And you also have the two of your 290Xs running in crossfire with mantle, right? Just asking because under Mantle multi GPU always needs extra attention from the game developer.
If that's the case, I would have expected an even larger advantage for Mantle actually... or ware we talking 6400x1600p gaming here? ^^ /more heresy
:rebel:

Should my RIG run TW3 on Ultra 60fps 1080p?
GTX 980
AMD FX-8350
8GB Ram
500GB HD
Win 8.1

Note if i change my FX-8350 to a 4790k will that help or not?

I hope ultra look like this (2600K+980GTX)

Attachments

• cave demo.jpg
    cave demo.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 60
Hey, just a question. What graphics do you think I will be able to run the Witcher 3 on?
i5 4690k 3.50 GHz 3.50 GHz
nvidia GTX 760 4 GB VRAM
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

From looking at the system requirements I am almost covering the recommended as both my graphics card and CPU are a little bit worse than the ones written there. I guess hoping for ultra without ubersampling is too much, but would I run it on high?

EDIT: I just tried running DAI on max graphics and it ran pretty well, I can't play 1080p though since my monitor doesn't support anything high (nothing more than 1680x1050)

Last edited:
Can anyone help tell me if I can run the game? I'm not too great on making complete sense of requirements. My computer is:

Intel Core 2 Quad 6700 @2.6Ghz
8 gigs ram
GTX 550Ti (1 gig video)

My understanding is that my CPU and video card are not good enough to play on minimum settings? Is that correct? I'm a bit surprised if this is true, Dragon Age inquisution came out and my computer is able to run that on quite high settings with very smooth frame rate most of the time (just had to turn off anti aliasing and more fancy features like tesselation, otherwise everything else is quite high / maxed).

I know witcher will be visually more impressive that Dragon age inquisition.. still, i'm slightly annoyed that it seems like i'll probably have to skip this game (played both others so this stinks for me).. I was assuming I'd probably be able to play it on low settings at least :/

Too bad, I only passed the graphic card minimum requirement. With a baby on the way, and a peasant class pc, guess I'll have to wait for another few years to play, then. I'm not regretting my pre-order, though. It's my decision to support CDPR...

My i5 4570 is slightly worst than the recommended i7, but the rest of the RIG is very good (16 gb and 980 ). Hope i'll get 1080p with 60 fps with a cheaper AA like FXAA or lowering / disabling something that don't affect me so much like depth of field or shadows quality :thumbsup:

Can anyone help tell me if I can run the game? I'm not too great on making complete sense of requirements. My computer is:

Intel Core 2 Quad 6700 @2.6Ghz
8 gigs ram
GTX 550Ti (1 gig video)

My understanding is that my CPU and video card are not good enough to play on minimum settings? Is that correct? I'm a bit surprised if this is true, Dragon Age inquisution came out and my computer is able to run that on quite high settings with very smooth frame rate most of the time (just had to turn off anti aliasing and more fancy features like tesselation, otherwise everything else is quite high / maxed).

I know witcher will be visually more impressive that Dragon age inquisition.. still, i'm slightly annoyed that it seems like i'll probably have to skip this game (played both others so this stinks for me).. I was assuming I'd probably be able to play it on low settings at least :/

The CPU is a bit slower than the Phenom II X4, the GPU a lot slower than a GTX660 / HD 7870 (those are about GTX580 level) plus the video RAM of only one GB is really small (even the standard 1,5GB GTX580 will probably have a very hard time).
Still, I wouldn't assume that TW3 won't run on your system at all if you turn down everything to the lowest settings.

Last edited:
LOL!!!!! ROFL!!!! LMAO!!!!!
I LOVE the game!
Fuck my life!
I'd be crying if my system weren't so ridiculously funny!

Cpu- Amd Athlon 64 x2 4600+
Gpu- Nvidia Gf 8600GT 1Gb (though overclocked its not worth mentioning)
Ram- 3Gb
Hardisks - x2 149GB Sata (1 suffered from impacts and malfunctions so yeah)
Dx9c
OS- XP sp3 (tweaked and optimized, yet any difference is only noticeable with The Witcher 2)

I can decently run many games, like Crysis 1 AND 2 at Highest Settings, and TW2:

1240x1024
Texture downscale None.
Shadows Medium.
Dangling Object limit none.
High decals.
Wet surfaces of rain.
Light Shafts on.
SSAO off.
And anything else is probably off...

FPS Min 15. Max. 28.
(15 at the Cursed Wraith Battlefield and 24/28 anywhere else)

To be honest I salvaged all parts from a Scrapyard here in Spain. (SIGH)

It was Incredibly Miraculous to find a PRESERVED and spotless Nvidia GPU with One whole DDR2 Gigabyte that wasn't crushed to bits!!!
Not to mention the Hardisks............

But those requirements UP THERE, Hell will Freeze over and I'll be long dead and pulverized before I get ANYWHERE close...

True, after the apocalypse happened, you just don't get any hardware in all of Europe anymore...
What? :huh:

I can play Ac Unity on Ultra but AA setting is FXAA. It runs at 30 fps sometimes higher. It's playable. My rig is: i7 4710 MQ,Gtx 980M,8 GB Ram. I think my rig can handle Witcher 3 too.A Gtx 980m is faster than a Gtx 770.Let's wait and see.

I can play Ac Unity on Ultra but AA setting is FXAA. It runs at 30 fps sometimes higher. It's playable. My rig is: i7 4710 MQ,Gtx 980M,8 GB Ram. I think my rig can handle Witcher 3 too.A Gtx 980m is faster than a Gtx 770.Let's wait and see.
Will definitely run nicely.

I meet the hardware specs, but DX11 means I'd have to get MS Windows...which would be a total pain. I'll probably sit this one out until there is a Linux port or DX11 support in Wine. A shame, really, if they had managed to make it run under DX10 I could probably have used Wine to play it. So close.

Top Bottom