The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
True, after the apocalypse happened, you just don't get any hardware in all of Europe anymore...
What? :huh:

Not like there's been a zombie apocalypse/nuclear holocaust/world war... lol

Its a matter of Money, everything boils down to this unquestioned form of slavery, and right now I know of no one that will upgrade their PC or even buy a console with its built-in obsolesense for the sole purpose of playing this one single game no matter how much they wanted to. If you catch my meaning...

Well even if you don't, its not like it changes anything bro.

Just sayin'

can a GTX 580 run the game

Hi CDPROJECT
I have a I2500 K witch 8 Go RAM and a GTX 580 - is-it possible to run the game at 1680 x 1050 witth a goog fps ?

I have similar PC to this specs but benchmark like not more then 500MB would be great CDPR! Thanks btw

So if SLI 980 can't max this we're all screwed until more powerful cards come along? Providing CPU doesn't bottleneck.
I say that even if SLI 980 can max it, we're still screwed. Who can afford that other than a tiny few who are either rich, or dedicate most of their savings to their PC?

Nice, I am in the clear.
And although Shadow of Mordor had "high" recommended or optimal specs and my PC didnt meet the optimal I had no problem running it maxed with min 50 fps on 1080p. And imo it did not look anywhere near as good as I expected from those sys reqs.
If a PS4 can run TW3 on "medium/high" compared to PC I am sure my PC can do it with its eyes closed.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28665...easonable.html

Aaron Bottegal:
Unoptimized POS is what that is. Insane requirments, which shouldn't be needed.

I just - I mean.......sigh.

Did he even bother reading the article?

I have a i5 4670 @ 3,4 GHz and a MSI GTX 770 2 GB, is this enough for the recommended requirements? Also, could someone explain why they recommend a i7 instead of a i5? I always thought it didn't make a difference for gaming.

My first post here. Great community by the way, looking forward to contribute more in the future.
I was surprised by the minimum requirements as well. I was sure that I would be able to run the game, but didn't expect to barely meet the minimum requirements.

My specs:
CPU: i5-3330 - 3.0 GHz (not sure if it's slower or faster than 2500k, but should be fine)
MoBo: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600 (easily upgradeable to 16 GB, cause memory is the cheapest)
GPU: GTX 660

The biggest susprise was the CPU requirement, I thought I was fine in this regard and would need to only add some RAM and upgrade the GPU, but it turns out that to at least play on High I will need a significant upgrade.
I guess I will have to wait until release to find out exactly how much I need to invest in new hardware cause I don't play a lot of games.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
This just can't be right... !?
The difference between an i5 2500 and an i7 3770 is less than 10% in everything except heavily multithreaded applications.

Are you telling me W3 will be the 1st game ever truly benefitting from multithreading? XD

Console CPU runs at 1.6 ghz in case of PS4 with a 7850 gpu, xone cpu 1.75 ghz but with a 7770 gpu. so.....i would say i5 3.3ghz with 7870 both overclockable are more than little better, or i could say that even if consoles run "the minimum" specs, the game could still run with lesser graphics than consoles on PC.

Those are 8-core CPUs on the consoles. Now I'm skeptical that they can actually perform at 2x a 4-core, or that the game can use those cores, but the difference is less than it would appear to be. There's also the "lowest common denominator" problem of programming the PC with DirectX 11 over hardware from different manufacturers, that makes execution on the consoles more efficient.

So I don't think the assertion that the PC minimum spec is approximately the level of the consoles is off by too much. But that wasn't my point. My point is that believing you need to spend thousands of dollars to run this game on your PC is a mistake, and asserting it with the intent of badmouthing CDPR or making others believe it is the very definition of FUD.

---------- Updated at 11:17 AM ----------

I have a i5 4670 @ 3,4 GHz and a MSI GTX 770 2 GB, is this enough for the recommended requirements? Also, could someone explain why they recommend a i7 instead of a i5? I always thought it didn't make a difference for gaming.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm skeptical of the need for a Core i7 at recommended level. I run compute-bound work on Core i5 and i7's all the time, and the difference is not so much as to assert the Core i7 is needed for any certain level of performance, And if an AMD FX can achieve recommended level, I'd be very surprised to find a Core i5 wasn't enough.

What I think is more likely, but not mentioned, is that the game would benefit, a lot, from being installed to an SSD.

---------- Updated at 11:26 AM ----------

@Guy N'wah should i go to i5-4690k or up to i7? and what motherboard should i get?

Motherboard is probably the easier of the two questions. Motherboards equipped with the Z97 chipset are enough to accommodate any Haswell or eventually Broadwell processor and two graphics cards in SLI. There are very fine ones from the major manufacturers (ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock). (Yes, ASRock is an ASUS label, but their motherboards are independently designed.) Just get the one that has the bells and whistles you want.

We don't know whether the requirement for a Core i7 at "recommended" is valid based on internal testing, or padding based on assumptions. The fact that an AMD FX meets "recommended" level suggests to me that a Core i5 is actually more than adequate.

LOL!!!!! ROFL!!!! LMAO!!!!!
I LOVE the game!
Fuck my life!
I'd be crying if my system weren't so ridiculously funny!

Cpu- Amd Athlon 64 x2 4600+
Gpu- Nvidia Gf 8600GT 1Gb (though overclocked its not worth mentioning)
Ram- 3Gb
Hardisks - x2 149GB Sata (1 suffered from impacts and malfunctions so yeah)
Dx9c
OS- XP sp3 (tweaked and optimized, yet any difference is only noticeable with The Witcher 2)

I can decently run many games, like Crysis 1 AND 2 at Highest Settings, and TW2:

1240x1024
Texture downscale None.
Shadows Medium.
Dangling Object limit none.
High decals.
Wet surfaces of rain.
Light Shafts on.
SSAO off.
And anything else is probably off...

FPS Min 15. Max. 28.
(15 at the Cursed Wraith Battlefield and 24/28 anywhere else)

To be honest I salvaged all parts from a Scrapyard here in Spain. (SIGH)

It was Incredibly Miraculous to find a PRESERVED and spotless Nvidia GPU with One whole DDR2 Gigabyte that wasn't crushed to bits!!!
Not to mention the Hardisks............

But those requirements UP THERE, Hell will Freeze over and I'll be long dead and pulverized before I get ANYWHERE close...

So when did the bombs fall on Spain? It was around 2077 here in the US when everything went to hell...

Don't be so panic. I always played fine with some hardware which level was under minimum requirements of games.

I was (will) going to upgrade to a 970/980 this year (from a 560 Ti, hehehe) so on that side I have no worry but I am still running an i5 2500k, I could OC it but I don't know if I should just upgrade it as well, do you think I will be at a big disadvantage when running the game? Given that I don't want to run it on medium nor low... I just don't know if the game will heavily benefit from the CPU.

Top Bottom