The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
I really hope that this is joke!!!
I don't need engine demonstration, i need great story, quest, atmosphere - more important elements. Here is my thread where everything is explained:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/21776-Optimization-Customization-Tweaking
Are you kidding me! Why not have both? Good story and graphics. And the Witcher games always had good graphics. If you can't handle them don't cry about it. Graphics are not so important yes but some people like them and if you can't have a better PC then play on the consoles.

So this game is not going to be well optimized for AMD? The 770 is not as strong as the 290, the 290 would be compared to the 780, hopefully this is a mistake because I've got a 290x tri-x and I'd like to max this game out with no uber.

Thanks for replies! I too do expect I'll be able to at least run the game. I know I should upgrade my system, but I don't play many new games. Witcher 3 is actually only new game I'm looking forward to and the part I'm interested is not graphics...

My bet is full HD, very high settings (so not ultra-, über- or anything like that) withouth heavy AA, running at 60 fps. Please elaborate, REDs. :ermm:

Anyway, I probably won't play the game at launch day, I'll wait and see what specs are actually needed to run it close to max settings and then start building my new rig.

You can start building it right away.I know i am,thou i will wait a bit to see how well 980 matrix platinum performs.if im not pleased with it i will go with my first choice 980 G1 gaming. With it i will be able to run all on highest settings on 1440p.If you are going for 4k then go with sli 980

Are you kidding me! Why not have both? Good story and graphics. And the Witcher games always had good graphics. If you can't handle them don't cry about it. Graphics are not so important yes but some people like them and if you can't have a better PC then play on the consoles.

We will have both! I mean i hope so?
And i have nothing against great graphics, but i want optimization. I want to have options to disable some features, or even better to be able to make cfg. tweaks.
I know what certain hardware is capable of! And i know that many developers do not respect us and our hardware, especially PC gamers. This is a fact.

I will not buy expensive hardware for some unoptimized game, and i definitely will not buy that game.

And i hope that this minimum sys. requirements is a joke!?

And i know that many developers do not respect us and our hardware, especially PC gamers. This is a fact.

I will not buy expensive hardware for some unoptimized game, and i definitely will not buy that game.

Well, okay, let's look at this.

1) Do you know these disrespectful developers include CDPR? Do you have reason to suggest that?

2) Most games are unoptimized - witness the many post-release patches. On the other hand, you can come up to min. spec with some pretty cheap hardware, depending on your location. At a certain point, though, consoles do become a distinct option for economy. Which isn't to say that consoles haven't had issues, of course.

3)The minimum requirements are not a joke. It's a big, big, BIG game and it's going to rock your world. There may be some sacrifice necessary to get -into- that game, however. Quality - and quantity - have their price. Before you despair, remember that CDPR and fellow players have a vested interest in making W3 a great game, as well as a game that as many people as possible who want to, can try. So try it before you upgrade, see what patches are released, what fellow fans and the REDs come up with to help you past initial bumps.

And i have nothing against great graphics, but i want optimization. I want to have options to disable some features, or even better to be able to make cfg. tweaks.
I know what certain hardware is capable of! And i know that many developers do not respect us and our hardware, especially PC gamers. This is a fact.

CD Projekt Red isn't some redneck developer like Ubisoft or EA or......etc that release game still in beta just to get their dirty little hands on money without slightest regard for their fans and their product. So i have no doubt in my mind that game will be perfectly optimized.
As for graphic well it is 2015 and hardware and software has gone quite a long way so we should only have best possible graphic,as a matter of a fact that should be a standard for all games not something that should be counted among story and gameplay.These traits are what make good game.
just to add system requirements are quite low

I don't really understand where you are coming from with this. Witcher 2 was highly optimized, and its a safe bet this one will be to.

So this game is not going to be well optimized for AMD? The 770 is not as strong as the 290, the 290 would be compared to the 780, hopefully this is a mistake because I've got a 290x tri-x and I'd like to max this game out with no uber.
AMD can still close the gap by launch. Since The Witcher 3 is the most anticipated title of this year I'm sure they'll give it a lot of attention. Far Cry 4 also uses Nvidia GameWorks and Ubisoft recommended a GTX 680 or an R9 290x. Ubisoft wasn't expecting AMD to increase performance up to 50% with a driver update. I can say from experience that I can run Far Cry 4 with an R9 280x on Ultra settings, all available Nvidia effects on, using SMAA and it runs smoothly. The only exception is when I'm facing a wolfpack (5 or 6 wolves) up close, the frame rate will dip into the 20s because HairWorks is a fairly demanding effect.

I'm currently running Win7, will there be any performance improvements if I upgrade to WIn8 or 8.1 ? I am trying to squeeze as much performance out of my rig as possible, so I am curious if there will be any performance difference between these two OS in TW3?

I'm currently running Win7, will there be any performance improvements if I upgrade to WIn8 or 8.1 ? I am trying to squeeze as much performance out of my rig as possible, so I am curious if there will be any performance difference between these two OS in TW3?

I don't think so. There are some Windows 8-only improvements to DirectX 11, but I do not think they will have an impact. If you have an AMD CPU, Windows 8 has better scheduling for the 2-core modules, but this is also available as a patch to Windows 7.

I would not "upgrade".

I think a good idea will be find a game that are about the same requirements as The Witcher then see how they really run on Ultra because we know that recommended doesn't mean Ultra 1080p 60fps.

Here is one new bench so you can try it- see the end of post for specs

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/monster-hunter-official-benchmark-download.html

Monster Hunter Online, NVIDIA and Crytek have joined hands and accomplished this stunning benchmark program.The program is based on client game Monster Hunter Online, and was produced with world's leading game engine CRYENGINE.A series of advanced technology including Real Time Rendering, Physical Based Shading, Realistic Vegetation Rendering, NVIDIA PhysX Clothing, NVIDIA Hairworks and NVIDIA HBAO+ helped creating such magnificent and realistic hunting environment.

Recommended Computer Configuration:

Windows7/8/8.1 operating system
Intel Core i3 or better processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB or other equal video card
DirectX 9.0C, DirectX 11

But... but... CryEngine is nothing related to RedEngine. There is no foundation for extrapolating from one to the other. I don't think extrapolating from any other game (with a limited allowance for extrapolating from Witcher 2 alone) holds water, at all. And I certainly wouldn't spend my money on such an unfounded speculation.

Below is the recommended specs for Assassins Creed Unity you can see that they ask for a GTX 780 in recommended. And the Wither 3 asks for a GTX 770, so if you can run a unoptimized port like ACU then i guess you can run a game that probably will have good optimization like TW3 to run just fine. The only thing that's the same is the CPU.

Recommended PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

Last edited:
But... but... CryEngine is nothing related to RedEngine. There is no foundation for extrapolating from one to the other. I don't think extrapolating from any other game (with a limited allowance for extrapolating from Witcher 2 alone) holds water, at all. And I certainly wouldn't spend my money on such an unfounded speculation.

That wasn't my intention, sorry, just for people to try their new gpu' s and fur effects (that should be in witcher3)

The game has to be well optimized for AMD by default, since both the Xbone and PS4 have AMDs GCN GPU architecture. However, in the PC version, there's Nvidia's Gameworks effects, which naturally are optimized only for Nvidia (only for Maxwell, in fact - older Geforces also suffer quite a performance hit). Once you turn those off, assuming you CAN turn them off as it is the case with current Gameworks titles like AC:U and FC4, your 290X should run the game perfectly.
(This prediction is also based on the behavior seen in FC4 - with gameworks, Radeons suck, without gameworks, they keep up even with GTX970 and 980).

I appreciate it man. Always like to test new benches.

Me too ,
but seeing that rage on bioware forum about dragon age inq. k+m and camera let down controls for pc
(I didn't buy the game cause of that)
It is proof that there is more important things in game than just visuals
It seems the w3 is like w2 with more moves and no rolling - so I would be happy at the end

If I recall it was stated that ps4 will be at high on PC.Now I can see on req that ps4 is at minimum for pc .It is dissapointing CD Red . Almost is a Lie . A shity statement . And a gtx 660 will perform at reasonable fps , another shity statement .
I do have a gtx 660 direc cu II and i5 3350p and i am a bit depressed that I am on minimum maybe under. I played unity at 900p. I do hope until may they will optimize better . Think I will buy a PS4 .
What is bothering me that farcry 4 from Ubishiet is well optimized. Witcher 3 , Acreed unity and Farcry 4 are quite the same type of games and they are so different optimized for pc port.
All in all Cd red deserve respect , Shadow of mordor and farcry 4 are better optimized than Witcher 3 Wild Hunt .
And sayng that witcher 3 is the epic dream for every rpg player is another shity statement.

Top Bottom