The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
hmmm, dear board, what will be the system requirement for max settings?

nobody know that but when journalist will try it next weeks we could see their answers and for max settings we will see after the release . i never see a game say the max setting of it before release it's always fan and pc hardware man you compare the fps and different card and see the performance

Hmm, seems doable, or what? have an gtx 860m 4gb on my laptop ps: not an expert on video cards, can´t tell them all apart x)
There are two different versions of the GTX860M, one with a GM107 and one with a GK104 GPU. THe performance in both cases is comparable to a GTX 750 Ti (Nvidia's low end of the Maxwell lineup), which is a bit slower than a GTX660 but still close enough.

I already had several people in this thread tell me that my CPU (i5 4690k) is okay for the game, but I just have another question.

When I used CanYouRunIt.com, I passed everything except for my CPU, and it said my CPU was inadequate for both Minimum and Recommended and that I needed an upgrade.

Note that the minimum CPU is an i5 2500k @ 3.3 GHz so I don't know why it does that. I can understand failing the recommended (as the i7 3770 has hyperthreading), but it makes no sense that my i5 4690k is being registered as below the i5 2500k.

Should this just be an indicator the website isn't always accurate and does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience with the website.

Last edited:
I already had several people in this thread tell me that my CPU (i5 4690k) is okay for the game, but I just have another question.

When I used CanYouRunIt.com, I passed everything except for my CPU, and it said my CPU was inadequate for both Minimum and Recommended and that I needed an upgrade.

Note that the minimum CPU is an i5 2500k @ 3.3 GHz so I don't know why it does that. I can understand failing the recommended (as the i7 3770 has hyperthreading), but it makes no sense that my i5 4690k is being registered as below the i5 2500k.

Should this just be an indicator the website isn't always accurate and does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience with the website.

Sites like gamedebate, and canyournit use generic clock speeds, and treat the min/rec like a hard limit; instead of the general ballpark figure that it actually is. Automated checking programs are highly inaccurate, so the only time you should ever listen to somebody telling you if a game can, or can't run on your machine is from a human who has personally tested it.

Last edited:
CIRI However...

Also sucks?

This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

These websites don't work for me....

Press OK to Start the evaluation

Evaluating your system

Looking for CPU.... no CPU found

Looking for Vcard.... no Vcard found

System evaluation failed

Please, a CPU is required to execute this evaluation, be sure your PC is plugged and ON

Do you want to try again?

Canyourunit would be a bad joke if it did not mislead so many unsuspecting users into buying hardware they don't need and being disappointed with games that won't run because their knowledge of actual requirements isn't worth rat droppings.

Ask people who know what stated requirements actually mean and how current and previous generations of hardware meet or do not meet them.

And avoid anything to do with sites that offer to install programs that will analyze your system. There is no faster route to being caught by ransomware.

Guest 3770914

Oof, not much that can be done there. Are you telling me our illustrious Valkyrie doesn't have a proper desktop to work/game on and make awesome music? Sacrilege!

@JDionysusL No problem! I added some rough prices I've seen for good to great pieces you would need to build a solid gaming PC. I'm sure you could go even cheaper still and be able to build something that would run it decently, but it depends on how much you want to future proof.

Personally "decently" removes the point, otherwise I'd buy a PS4- I'd like The Witcher 3 to perform and look the best I can make it.

Canyourunit would be a bad joke if it did not mislead so many unsuspecting users into buying hardware they don't need and being disappointed with games that won't run because their knowledge of actual requirements isn't worth rat droppings.

Ask people who know what stated requirements actually mean and how current and previous generations of hardware meet or do not meet them.

And avoid anything to do with sites that offer to install programs that will analyze your system. There is no faster route to being caught by ransomware.

Something else that reminds me of issues that come up with sites like gamedebate, etc. Is how they determine the strength of components versus other components. For example I ran my core 2 quad Q9950 2.8 GHZ up against min/req of the witcher processors, and it claimed these processors were 25%, and 50% stronger than my processor. Now I don't know much about clock speeds, and product break downs myself, but that seems inaccurate to say the least. I mean what is this DBZ or something? Does my hardware have a power level over 9000? In almost any other break down of a product there are a multitude of variables, and hard numbers to go off of when determining performance. For example the actual on screen pixel processing power that Guy N'wah was talking about the other day.

Last edited:
I'm just asking you because i'm not so good in pc components, i5 4690 isn't better than the i7 they recommend ? Or they are quite similar ?

Top Bottom