The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
I'm just asking you because i'm not so good in pc components, i5 4690 isn't better than the i7 they recommend ? Or they are quite similar ?

It's hard to tell in a simple way, because it depends in some detail on the workload and the other hardware. For loads that are heavily threaded (more than 3 CPU-bound threads is a good rule), hyperthreading (Core i7) has some advantage. For code that takes advantage of the Haswell AVX2 instructions, 4xxx CPUs have a big advantage over any earlier generation. For hardware that uses high-end SLI, the PCI-e 3.0 on Ivy Bridge and later has it all over Sandy Bridge (2xxx).

But unless there are certain outstanding characteristics of the application or the hardware context, such as the ones I mentioned, the differences all the way from Core i5 2xxx to Core i7 4xxx are only fractional and in no way decisive.

Your CPU is what I would kill for right now, it does and should continue running games just fine. I can't be SPECIFIC about Witcher 3... since I have no idea but if I were to go by how it has been performing for every game released in the last few years I'd say you're good to go.

It's hard to tell in a simple way, because it depends in some detail on the workload and the other hardware. For loads that are heavily threaded (more than 3 CPU-bound threads is a good rule), hyperthreading (Core i7) has some advantage. For code that takes advantage of the Haswell AVX2 instructions, 4xxx CPUs have a big advantage over any earlier generation. For hardware that uses high-end SLI, the PCI-e 3.0 on Ivy Bridge and later has it all over Sandy Bridge (2xxx).

But unless there are certain outstanding characteristics of the application or the hardware context, such as the ones I mentioned, the differences all the way from Core i5 2xxx to Core i7 4xxx are only fractional and in no way decisive.

Your CPU is what I would kill for right now, it does and should continue running games just fine. I can't be SPECIFIC about Witcher 3... since I have no idea but if I were to go by how it has been performing for every game released in the last few years I'd say you're good to go.

You see ^^^^^^ you can't automate this kind of advice.

my specs:
intel i5 760 2.8ghz-3.3ghz with turbo
R9 280 3GB
8GB RAM

can i run the game? im wondering because i have pre-ordered it and i saw that minimum cpu req is the i5 2500k.

Hello, I made a pre-order, and then published system requirements. Tell me if I should with my i5-4200M and GeForce 740M wait for the game? Or is it worth the money back until it's too late?

my specs:
intel i5 760 2.8ghz-3.3ghz with turbo
R9 280 3GB
8GB RAM

can i run the game? im wondering because i have pre-ordered it and i saw that minimum cpu req is the i5 2500k.

It's still more than equal to the Phenom II x4, and your GPU is also not much behind a GTX770, so you're between minimum and recommended - you can run it without question.

Hi guys im wondering should i be able to run this at Ultra setting without ubersampling or what the equivalent will be for witcher 3.

I7 4930k
Gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming
32g of ram
Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Hi guys im wondering should i be able to run this at Ultra setting without ubersampling or what the equivalent will be for witcher 3.

I7 4930k
32g of ram
Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Your CPU, Ram, and OS are all excellent. The graphics card sounds high level, but maybe one of the more informed members of the forum can give you exact details.

Last edited:
Your CPU, Ram, and OS are all excellent. The graphics card sounds upper level, but maybe one of the more informed members of the forum can give you better exact details.
Its in upper if im correct its similar performance to 780ti.

I have mine OC also

GPU Core clock 1542
GPU Memory clock 2000

Last edited:

I7 4930k
32g of ram
Windows 8.1 64 bit.

You have the same specs as I do, except I have two of the G1 GTX 970s and 16GB of RAM.

Anyway, you need to provide us with more information. What resolution will you be playing at? If it's 1080p, I'd say there's a good chance that you'll be able to play on ultra settings, with maybe one or two ratcheted back slightly depending on how intensive the settings are.

But if it's 1440p and up, then you'll most likely require a second card. I play at 1440p myself, so SLI is practically mandatory for the latest games if you want to play on the highest settings.

You have the same specs as I do, except I have two of the G1 GTX 970s and 16GB of RAM.

Anyway, you need to provide us with more information. What resolution will you be playing at? If it's 1080p, I'd say there's a good chance that you'll be able to play on ultra settings, with maybe one or two ratcheted back slightly depending on how intensive the settings are.

But if it's 1440p and up, then you'll most likely require a second card. I play at 1440p myself, so SLI is practically mandatory for the latest games if you want to play on the highest settings.

Im at 1080p on 144hz.

Im at 1080p on 144hz.

I don't think you'll have a problem. I don't know if you'll be able to hit 60 FPS though, especially if they incorporate hardware accelerated PhysX.. Witcher 3 is a true next gen title, even more so than AC Unity. Witcher 3 for instance uses NO baked lights, so there'll be shit loads of dynamic light sources.

The truth though, is that no one can say for sure at this point. Not even CDPR themselves..

Ok, I´m not a graphic nut, so if it runs on low-medium settings I´m fine x) For refernce, my video card can do TW2 on max settings, but not ubersampling very well, framerate drops down quite a bit.

Top Bottom