The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Recommended means you should be able to run the game at a satisfactory graphical fidelity and performance. The hint is in the word 'recommended.' It certainly does not mean maxed out at 1080p 60 fps, however.

i m right :)

How should I understand 'recommended'? I have a feeling it doesn't mean 'this rig can run it on max', right?

Afaik "recommended" was never everything at max, it was always something like, it will look good and run decent, that's it.

Maximum or optimum is usually your everything at max.

people ask for a game like crysis come out i think witcher 3 will be this game >> i mean to that to max out it most of us have to change rig

Afaik "recommended" was never everything at max, it was always something like, it will look good and run decent, that's it.

Now that I think about it, I really DON'T know what it means by "recommended". I always assumed that it was close to max, but in reality I have no idea.

Yep, so seems to be the consensus here.

Is it a rare practice for companies to release Maximum requirements? I don't recall seeing such lists.

so guy recommended is to play on medium setting at 60 ips that what people call " it will look good and run decent, that's it."

Last edited:
Recommended is meant to set a level which grants an enjoyable experience with good graphics. In a scale minimum-medium-high-ultra I think would be around "high" at 1920x1080 but FPS count/smoothness level is difficult to predict. If you want to play "ultra" or add some effects or play at crazy resolutions you're gonna need more expensive or recent hardware

Recommended means you should be able to run the game at a satisfactory graphical fidelity and performance. The hint is in the word 'recommended.' It certainly does not mean maxed out at 1080p 60 fps, however.

Yeah i already got that, W2 had gtx 260 as recommended, and i finished it on a 680, solid 60fps on 1080p (no ubersampling). So yeah, 770 isnt gonna cut it for W3. I expect little more than 60 fps on ultra 1080p no AA from my 980 OC-ed. SO yeah recommended probably is a balance, no eye candy settings and not more than 1080p. Cuz they not say what VRAM usage, i am 100% will eat more than 2gb vram.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
Direct X 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
Direct X 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Great optimization! Thank you CD PROJEKT RED! I am looking forward to play Witcher 3 on mine GTX 780 on ultra settings!

Yeah i already got that, W2 had gtx 260 as recommended, and i finished it on a 680, solid 60fps on 1080p (no ubersampling). So yeah, 770 isnt gonna cut it for W3. I expect little more than 60 fps on ultra 1080p no AA from my 980 OC-ed. SO yeah recommended probably is a balance, no eye candy settings and not more than 1080p. Cuz they not say what VRAM usage, i am 100% will eat more than 2gb vram.

If I remember correctly Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition have used over 3 gigs of my 4GB VRAM on ultra settings so I expect similar amount from Witcher 3

eskimoe is pleased with these requirements.

LOL no need to worry there :p

Hmm the specs seem kinda similiar to MGS Ground Zeroes and my PC runs it just fine.

I know its really old and weak performence wise, but since MGS runs great I'd hope its the case with Witcher 3, since I can't upgrade it in the near future.

@CDP Red

would it run on my PC? I'm worring about my CPU (mostly) and RAM.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: HD6870

for comparison, here are the minimum specs for MGS 5 GZ

• Minimum:
    • OS: Windows Vista SP2 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64 (64-bit OS Required)
    • Processor: Core i5-4460 (3.20GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB or better (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Last edited:
They worked hard with occlusion culling. If implemented well, it should heavily decrease VRAM usage. Anyway 2gb VRAM is pretty standard nowadays so if you want to raise texture resolution it's more than possible that you will need more. However TW2 did in fact run well with low VRAM requirements

If I remember correctly Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition have used over 3 gigs of my 4GB VRAM on ultra settings so I expect similar amount from Witcher 3

LOL no need to worry there :p

Play FC4 right now, eats without AA at 1080p, 2.5, almost 3gb vram. Dragon Age, i dunno, want to play it shortly after FC4. I expect 3.8gb from W3 at max textures and HBAO+, ah at 1080p and NO AA. :)

Yeah, there's that issue. But still, I expect over 2 gigs of VRAM being used on 1080p resolution

I honestly don't. However, I really can't say for sure because the Witcher 3 is going to attempt to push the industry a little further ahead technologically. It's hard to say until we play it.

Last edited:
Kind of sad that the requirements are so barebones that they cause more quesswork than they answer, who knows what recommend entails.

Top Bottom