The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Ok so just a quick question since I see a lot of people here with greater knowledge then mine. Could it be said with absolute certainty that my GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost MSI Twin Frozr OC 2GB Edition is below minimum requirements for TW3? I don't have big confidence in automatic "test your requirements" sites even though most mark my GPU as below the requirements while my CPU and RAM pass with flying colors (even for recommended settings).

This is sadly very important to me because I planned on getting the CE edition but with prices here in Eastern EU, the price of CE is going to be on pair with the price of potential replacement card needed to play the game in the first place. I must confess I was unprepared for this since I have never experienced a jump that bad going from Ultra High in Shadows of Mordor to below the minimum requirements in TW3.

650 Ti Boost is almost equal to the stated minimum. It's 4 shader modules to the 660's 5, but it's clocked faster, and it has the same 24 ROPs and 192-bit bus. I'd wager it's a good risk to play the game.

(Other x50 cards are well below minimum. The 650 Ti Boost is a special case, because it's not a 650 (GK107, 16 ROPs) but a cut-down 660 (GK106, 24 ROPs).)

There was never a promise of improving the performance. The card is already running at it's optimum, and always has, since Nvidia's devs knew exactly what they were doing and took measures to ensure games would not use those last 512 MB, unless absolutely neccessary.
The only real option of preventing issues with stuttering/bad frametime variance caused by memory allocation beyond 3,5 GB and consequently dropping memory transfer rate would be shutting down the last 512 MB altogether.

There was never a promise of improving the performance. The card is already running at it's optimum, and always has, since Nvidia's devs knew exactly what they were doing and took measures to ensure games would not use those last 512 MB, unless absolutely neccessary.
The only real option of preventing issues with stuttering/bad frametime variance caused by memory allocation beyond 3,5 GB and consequently dropping memory transfer rate would be shutting down the last 512 MB altogether.

Don't kill the messager ;)

I've always played my games under minimum or almost. Now I can finally play a good GPU I'm very confused about all this issue of 970 ->3.5GB. I only want to play the game. I don't want a McLaren or a boing... I only want enjoy of the travel peacefully.

Im reposting this from other thread as this seems like a more fit place for it:

Okay there are so many confusion right now... I just don't believe in this statement about 30fps with 770 on High. This is just nonsense, how is that can even be called a costumisation??

So we now know that consoles won't even be running on high as in press event PC version was running on "High" and looked superior to consoles...

So the question is - can people with recommended or above specs expect to run atleast the "console" settings with their rigs for 60+ fps? If not than its a TOTAL Bs.
I couldn't agree more. If my GTX980 i7 4790K can't play this game with 60fps without all the PhysX and have higher graphics than a PS4 i will be pretty pissed. But i believe in CDPR i think they will do the PC crowd justice.

Last edited:

:rofl: :rofl:

I couldn't agree more. If my GTX980 i7 4790K can't play this game with 60fps without all the PhysX and have higher graphics than a PS4 i will be pretty pissed. But i believe in CDPR i think they will do the PC crowd justice.
I'll only be pissed if it's poorly optimized. I have no problem having a game that murders my hardware because of killer graphics. It just means it'll still look great for several years to come and as PC hardware advances those replays will be worth it just to play it maxed out @ 60fps with high resolutions. :)

You agree with yourself? :huh:

Well, that's a start, I guess... ;D
I ain't even there yet. The inner conflict.. every day. It's killing me!

Last edited:
Unless you want to go for a pair of GTX 980's in SLI :)

And plenty of RAM. RAM's cheap. Get 16 GB. And an SSD. 250GB SSDs have come way down in price.

Yup. I'm planning to do all those. Just one card is already expensive. Hopefully, it will go down before May (I doubt).

I would rather get a 512 SSD and split partition, one for OS and the other for apps. Games these days take up so much space.

What's the best SSD at the moment?

Yup. I'm planning to do all those. Just one card is already expensive. Hopefully, it will go down before May (I doubt).

I would rather get a 512 SSD and split partition, one for OS and the other for apps. Games these days take up so much space.

What's the best SSD at the moment?

Samsung PRO
Samsung EVO (probably the best bargain)
SanDisk Extreme PRO

The PRO models will have 10-year warranties, Samsung PRO models have been downright indestructible. (Samsung and SanDisk have been in a race to scale SSDs up to terabyte and multi-terabyte sizes.)

I have two Samsung 840 EVOs (with the firmware bug fix installed) and a SanDisk Extreme II (model before the Extreme Pro). I had a Crucial fail in service and haven't gone back to Crucial.

I have this card in mind
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125726
to replace my HD 7870 and the only concern I have is my PSU having needed a upgrade as well. My PSU is a Thermaltake 750 but my CPU is an AMD 8350 which uses around 125 TDP if I am not mistaken.

750 watts is way more than enough, if that power supply is a solid performer. Thermaltake has a wide range of quality. Which Thermaltake model is it?
(The Toughpower models are all good to very good. Some of the Smart or Lite models are crappy, and that 750 watts is an imaginative fiction.)

Man I can't wait for this game to test the limits of my computer...... Please please please make sure this is an optimized game that will take advantage of multiple cards and mad amounts of RAM!! Let's go with proper multithreaded support on CPU's and with other areas.

Hello guys, do you think I can get high details in witcher 3: wild hunt with this specs:
Intel Core i5-4690K
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9
ASUS B85-PRO GAMER - Intel B85
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit
I was just wondering if I need to buy CPU intel I7 or it is enough if I overclock I5? I want to buy new PC for this, that is why I am asking now, before my favourite game comes out and I want to enjoy it like a small boss :D

I would like to know what kind of support (if any) CD Project Red is going to give to multi-GPU based systems? And if there is any special consideration made for systems with really large footprints of RAM like mine with 65gb? Really asking that if it is there hardware wise will it be utilized to the fullest potential.??

Unless you want to go for a pair of GTX 980's in SLI :)

And plenty of RAM. RAM's cheap. Get 16 GB. And an SSD. 250GB SSDs have come way down in price.

Ram is cheap but it really won't help in gaming or playing TW3 with a better performance, am i right?

Top Bottom