The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Well I posted this a while ago when the specs were first released, but I think now that we have seen some updated footage it might be worth a slightly more "updated" opinion. My specs are

Core 2 Quad Q9950 2.8 GHZ
EVGA Geforce GTX 750 TI 2GB GDDR5
Ram 6 GB

Do you think I will be able to pull off a low 60 FPS to medium 30 FPS? Higher? Lower?

I'm suspecting you will be able to get a decent FPS at reduced resolution, 1440x900 or so. The 750Ti is architecturally well short of the minimum cards, as it has 16 ROPs to the 660's 24 and the 7870's 32. This affects its ability to handle screens with high pixel count.

But with good sub-minimum setups like yours, we will just have to see where their performance comes in.

Would I be able to run this game? I usually don't worry... but ehhh. I figured since people are asking and getting replies, might as well make use of this!

Processor: i5-3330 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 [ I also have a 970 in its box. I loved that thing. ]
PSU: Corsair RM850W
HDD: 4TB [ 2/2 split ]
MHD: 64GB SSD

25" Monitor
Like 8 fans
Corsair Vengeance Case <<

Last edited:
Would I be able to run this game? I usually don't worry... but ehhh. I figured since people are asking and getting replies, might as well make use of this!

Processor: i5-3330 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 [ I also have a 970 in its box. I loved that thing. ]
PSU: Corsair RM850W
HDD: 4TB [ 2/2 split ]
MHD: 64GB SSD

25" Monitor
Like 8 fans
Corsair Vengeance Case <<

Don't know if you can run it man this is borderline BUT a 970 in the box gives you that kind of performance boost you desire. :p

@truthinoneword no offence but even if Guy N'Wah is probably much more knowledgeable than me, I don't see how the lack of the "expert" mark makes my answer untrustworthy. Anyway hope you're happy with your answer from the right "guy" :D

Last edited:
I'm suspecting you will be able to get a decent FPS at reduced resolution, 1440x900 or so. The 750Ti is architecturally well short of the minimum cards, as it has 16 ROPs to the 660's 24 and the 7870's 32. This affects its ability to handle screens with high pixel count.

But with good sub-minimum setups like yours, we will just have to see where their performance comes in.

Well i am hoping I can pull off a 1600X900 at 60 FPS. If medium is off the table for that, and for some reason low doesn't look great than I might settle for a 30 FPS medium.

err... looks like i won't be able to play it :eek:uch:.
everything is around the recommended settings except for the GPU, which a GT 740M. so yeah, so much for waiting.
but then again, the configuration looks way better than the ones announced for other games such as AC unity or shadow of mordor.

Last edited:
how will my pc hold up ?
GTX660
intelcore i73770
8gb RAM
CPU is good, Ram is fine, GPU Meets the minimum requisites and nothing more. Since Gpu is so important looks like you're at minimum, if we can trust requirements.. May be a little more (from official statements, seems like requirements could be on the realistic/safe side). My advice is of course wait for release. If you have the money, your system is completely open to a GPU upgrade since CPU is not limiting

CPU is good, Ram is fine, GPU Meets the minimum requisites and nothing more. Since Gpu is so important looks like you're at minimum, if we can trust requirements.. May be a little more (from official statements, seems like requirements could be on the realistic/safe side). My advice is of course wait for release. If you have the money, your system is completely open to a GPU upgrade since CPU is not limiting

thats what i thought. Thanks.

my spec
gtx 780
ram 16 go
i7 4770 k

i think i m on the recommended setting nothing more , i will play like this and upgrade with a better gpu when 980 ti come out to play on ultra . i think it's the good decision

, i will play like this and upgrade with a better gpu when 980 ti come out to play on ultra . i think it's the good decision
Skip Maxwell altogether and wait until the 14/16nm cards arrive to get a proper generational jump in terms of GPU performance.

my spec
gtx 780
ram 16 go
i7 4770 k

i think i m on the recommended setting nothing more , i will play like this and upgrade with a better gpu when 980 ti come out to play on ultra . i think it's the good decision
Not recommended, you definitely have a high end rig. With a good optimization, you'll hopefully be able to play at high/ultra (maybe without the most demanding effects). Like you said test your performance in game and wait for optimized drivers before considering an upgrade

Skip Maxwell altogether and wait until the 14/16nm cards arrive to get a proper generational jump in terms of GPU performance.

thx for the advice :)

Technically good advice, the only downside to it is - we won't see 14/16 nm until the end of 2015 at best. Rumors are pointing towards better progress in Globalfoundries'/Samsung's 14nm process, while TSMCs 16nm seems to take longer still until ready for mass production.

But it's not like you need to upgrade a freaking GTX 780 until then.. :)

I just don't see the point.

Technically good advice, the only downside to it is - we won't see 14/16 nm until the end of 2015 at best. Rumors are pointing towards better progress in Globalfoundries'/Samsung's 14nm process, while TSMCs 16nm seems to take longer still until ready for mass production.

I'm not sure we'll see Pascal in PCI-e format until some time after that. nVidia is developing interconnect technology much faster than PCI-e (NVLink), to feed the stacked VRAM on Pascal and Volta. It will require a different motherboard altogether, if motherboard is even the right word for it.

I'm not sure we'll see Pascal in PCI-e format until some time after that. nVidia is developing interconnect technology much faster than PCI-e (NVLink), to feed the stacked VRAM on Pascal and Volta. It will require a different motherboard altogether, if motherboard is even the right word for it.

Right, If I remember correctly rumors are speaking about 2016, certainly not before.. The NVlink thing seems very interesting (but also PCI-E 4x will have huge bandwidth as well) Hope this will turn interesting also in practic and not only in theory ;)

Just a quick question. I got borderline a minimum 7850. I could swap it for a 270x or get another 7850, without spending a dime. However the first option is more feasible. Would Crossfire 7850s be a better option? All have 2 GB of memory.

Just a quick question. I got borderline a minimum 7850. I could swap it for a 270x or get another 7850, without spending a dime. However the first option is more feasible. Would Crossfire 7850s be a better option? All have 2 GB of memory.

We have no idea how good the Crossfire implementation will be. It might be anywhere from nonsupported to useless to 50% on release, with effective support needing a profile or a driver update.

If you want to be sure of playing the game at above minimum settings on release, go for the 270x, especially since it is the easier solution.

Yeah the GTX 980 30 fps on high scares me to buddy. I said once this game would be very demanding on PC and they were people who thought we were just to worried. Well it seems this game being very demanding is true it may be more demanding than Crysis 3 and i think that game is one of the most if not the most demanding game on the planet.

What is this talk about 30 fps on 980 gtx.....

Top Bottom