The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
You could spend more for an 870M + i5 or much less while retaining 860M, but the config you listed doesn't look like a good bang for your buck unless you really benefit from an i7 (non-gaming purposes).

And what about this one ? NVIDIA have confusing mark on GPUs, so I still don't know which option will be best.

Intel Core i7 4710HQ (Full HD 1920x1080) 2,5 - 3,5 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB GDDR5
16 GB RAM (Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz)
1 TB HDD SATA 5400 RPM 6GB / s

It can definitely run it, it is slightly weaker than the gtx 770 and the 3770, the reccomended specs, positively, if they optimize the game above the expected, you could run the reccomended specs settings
I'm not totally sure thought, we should wait the sage (Guy'n'wah) veredict

Yes, I can wait. I'm still looking for notebook which will be best for games, PC graphic etc, but not too much expensive like DELL Alienware.
I don't know which notebook will be able to run TW 3.

EDIT: Hmm ... I was looked to DELL Alienware 17. They are expensive in Czech Republic, but not in America. Maybe I will buy DELL with EN Windows.
What do You think about 970M / 980M ? From Your post it looked like 970M will be better.
Thanks for reply :)
Hello, I rly think that if you want get a machine what you mostly want to use for gaming and you need high performance, you should go with a desktop with gtx 980 and i7-4xxx i think it's even cheaper than buying an alienware and much more powerful.

However if you need the portability make sure you get at least 4gb vram in your laptop's gpu, because in half year you will suffer from less than 4gb , when you want to play games on ultra textures+aa on. For example Far cry 4 already using 3,4gb vram with all maxed+txaax2. dying light use 3.9gb etc...

You can build Your own AW 17 for Your money options. So You can buy AW 17 for 1 500 $ but You can pay 150 $ more for better RAM, XXX $ for 980M 4GB etc :)

EDIT: And yes, I need portability :(

Well, I appear to be above minimum for everything except the GPU. Currently have a 6850. Should I go for an upgrade or will I just barely be able to make it? Note my resolution isn't exactly great, my monitor is like 1440x900.

What about Nvidia Hairworks, is it considered as an ultra setting. Or can we activate it even if we're playing on medium-high

Lol.
PD: (Don't hate me)

Last edited:
Hey guys, my VGA is a GTX 970, which is better than the recommeded they ask for, the problem is, my CPU is a i5 3330, which is inferior than the minimum they ask for, do you guys think i can run this game in approximately 1080p, High with 60 fps ? or am i asking too much with this CPU, should i upgrade it ? ( the rest of it, is equal as the recommended, 8 GB of RAM, etc ).
Thanks guys !

I would avoid sidegrades of the CPU. Until proven otherwise, everything from an AMD FX-8350, which is much weaker than a Core i5 3330, is sufficient to play the game at recommended level.

We don't know that the CPU is limiting with any GPU and any setting at this point. Don't spend money unnecessarily.

Good Morning,
my system matches with the recommended requirements except for my video card. I wonder if i can expect to play at least on medium with this on 1366x768

i7 4470 3.4 Ghz
GTX 660
8GB RAM

Im pretty sure you will be easily able to play the game atleast on "console-settings" which are somewhere between low/medium, with decent frame rate.

Uuuuh, that seems modest for recommended...hmmm. well it'll be easier to build for me then. And yeah maybe I'll put in and i7....doesn't seem necessary tho. Gotta think now, field is wide open.

I found nice notebook for good price.
I think this may run TW 3

Intel Core i7 4710HQ 2,5 - 3,5 GHz Turbo (6MB Cache) (Full HD 1920x1080)
16 GB RAM DDR3L ( Max 32 GB )
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8 GB
128 GB SSD ( Maybe I will change it for 512 GB ), 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM

It's best notebook that I can have, so I can only hope it will run Witcher 3 :)

I found nice notebook for good price.
I think this may run TW 3

Intel Core i7 4710HQ 2,5 - 3,5 GHz Turbo (6MB Cache) (Full HD 1920x1080)
16 GB RAM DDR3L ( Max 32 GB )
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8 GB
128 GB SSD ( Maybe I will change it for 512 GB ), 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM

It's best notebook that I can have, so I can only hope it will run Witcher 3 :)
Of course it will :) for the same price you could probably buy a monster desktop but if you need portability you can't go much higher than that

Of course it will for the same price you could probably buy a monster desktop but if you need portability you can't go much higher than that

Thanks for reply :)
Yes, portability is very important for me :)
I will have 10 000 Czech Crowns (407 $ +-) discount. So for me it's best decision :)

Hi I was wondering if my computer specs will play this game and will I be able to play in in ultra settings?

Computer Specs:

Intel i7 920 Chip @ 2.67 - over clocked to 3.2
12 GB of DDR3 Memory @ 1600 MHz
1 TB Velociraptor Hard Drive @ 10,000 rpm
AMD R9 280x with 3GB of memory @ 1920x1080 60 Hertz
Windows 7 64 Bit OS

Without being able to say anything about particular settings you may be able to achieve, I'd say you're fine.

The "Bloomfield" (i7 920) is not on the minimum or recommended list. But it's much more powerful than the minimum Phenom II x4.

CDPR hasn't said anything about performance on AMD GPUs. I wish they would, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Top Bottom