The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
The GTX 580 got its 1.5GB before nVidia went to the "power of 2 memory, not power of 2 ROPs" architecture that gimps the 660's and recently the 970's.

Unless there's something about Fermi architecture that the game doesn't get along with, it's not gimped in comparison to a 660 or 660Ti with an effective 1.5GB.

Yes architecture wise it's better but speaking purely about capacity don't you think 1.5 GB is little low ? he might face stuttering or other issues due to vram shortage ?

Remind me again of my set-up potential?, medium/high? Blend of both on a good day?

i7-860 @ 3.8 Ghz. (Lynnfield)
Gigabyte R9 280x
8gb Ram
Windows Omega Pie 7 - 65-bit Super O/S.

Yes I say medium-high.

Last edited:
what can we expect from i5-2500ks?
I mean,these are as minimum requirements,but is there really a need to upgrade for something more powerful?
because except for cpus like i7 4790k I don't really see what can be way more powerful than a 2500k...

what can we expect from i5-2500ks?
I mean,these are as minimum requirements,but is there really a need to upgrade for something more powerful?
because except for cpus like i7 4790k I don't really see what can be way more powerful than a 2500k...

As someone told me earlier: With a quad core i5 25k just expect a few less frames. It is still a good CPU for gaming.

I think it will come down to how good your GPU is more than anything.

As someone told me earlier: With a quad core i5 25k just expect a few less frames. It is still a good CPU for gaming.

I think it will come down to how good your GPU is more than anything.

I have two 780 so gpu isn't a real problem :p
actually am a little bit more concerned about the system requirement they released,and why is there a 2500k for intel and a amd phenom x4 940...
I thought the x4 940 less powerful than an i5 2500k

how well can i expect to run this

i dont meet recommend spec with my CPU .how important will this factor be if i want to play this game at ultra at 1080p? i will be upgrading my GPU most prob to a Titan X

CPU: i5 3570k
cooler: H100
MB: asus sabertooth z77
GPU: 7970 vapor x 3gig
Ram: 8x8 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance
HD 1: Samsung 840evo(Windows 7 64bit)
HD 2: WDCB 1T
PSU: Corsair HX1000

i dont meet recommend spec with my CPU .how important will this factor be if i want to play this game at ultra at 1080p? i will be upgrading my GPU most prob to a Titan X

CPU: i5 3570k
cooler: H100
MB: asus sabertooth z77
GPU: 7970 vapor x 3gig
Ram: 8x8 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance
HD 1: Samsung 840evo(Windows 7 64bit)
HD 2: WDCB 1T
PSU: Corsair HX1000

I think you'll be fine. The 3570K is an excellent CPU

the 980 only has 4gbs of vram. titan x has 12. a heavly moded skyirm with texture packs can easyly go over that mark or even 6gb for that matter. and the more demanding requierment of vram so 12gb of vram is well worth it and a better investment then a 980. otherwise i would of got that card last year..but instead i waited and i think the wait is over. there is the 980ti coming out later this year but that is only 6gb and its a cut down of the titan x.i think the only advantage would be after market cooling..but with a little modding you can do that with the titan x. its allready been said. but to be honest il just settle with the standerd cooling. its not like it would need overclocking anytime soon to max games out. the card is a beast.

Last edited:
Will I be able to play?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
64-bit Windows 7

I checked the system requirements and my biggest issue is my CPU. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to run this on/fps?

THanks

Attachments

• sVjDhE8.png
    sVjDhE8.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 36
one other thing im interested in though is if the titan x ships with a free copy of the witcher 3.. i know the 970 and 980 do..but its not clear if this deal is with a titan x aswell. dont suppose anyone can clear this up

the 980 only has 4gbs of vram. titan x has 12. a heavly moded skyirm with texture packs can easyly go over that mark or even 6gb for that matter. and the more demanding requierment of vram so 12gb of vram is well worth it and a better investment then a 980. otherwise i would of got that card last year..but instead i waited and i think the wait is over. there is the 980ti coming out later this year but that is only 6gb and its a cut down of the titan x.i think the only advantage would be after market cooling..but with a little modding you can do that with the titan x. its allready been said. but to be honest il just settle with the standerd cooling. its not like it would need overclocking anytime soon to max games out. the card is a beast.

Well yes, if you're into played modded games and stuff like that then Titan X is a good choice. Enjoy it and also, i'm a little bit jealous :D

one other thing im interested in though is if the titan x ships with a free copy of the witcher 3.. i know the 970 and 980 do..but its not clear if this deal is with a titan x aswell. dont suppose anyone can clear this up

I believe it does not. The deal, at least where i live, only goes for the 970 and the 980.

---------- Updated at 05:22 PM ----------

I checked the system requirements and my biggest issue is my CPU. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to run this on/fps?

THanks

The cpu should be fine and the rest of the system looks ok to run the game. We can only speculate as always but my guess is that at 1366x768 resolution, you could probably pull off a combination of medium+high with pretty decent fps.

Will I be able to play?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
64-bit Windows 7

The system looks fine although i am not so sure about that 650Ti. My guess is like the above, combination of medium+high with decent fps.

yea man i got carryd away with SMC in skyrim..wanted to add everything and ..well it crashed my game. but with 12 gb...that aint gona happen..and looking forword to witcher 3. thanks

I have two 780 so gpu isn't a real problem :p
actually am a little bit more concerned about the system requirement they released,and why is there a 2500k for intel and a amd phenom x4 940...
I thought the x4 940 less powerful than an i5 2500k

Yeah the x4 940 is less powerful in all categories which is one of the reasons that I question the requirements. Since they have finished optimization(or close to it) then i'd expect the requirements to be less now than what they showed back in January.

Personally I am making assumptions on what my system can do. I can run the Witcher 2 on ultra, plus ubersampling, with a MSI Lightning Radeon R9 290x and a i5 25k with no problems so I assume that I can play Witcher 3 on mostly very high settings with a little bit of ultra thrown in.

So, Finally I am going for this one, thanks for the tips
http://www.appinformatica.com/tarjetas-graficas-gigabyte-gtx970g1-gaming-4gd-1.0.php

and thinking about this one
http://www.appinformatica.com/tarjetas-graficas-msi-vga-nvidia-gtx-970-gaming-4gb-ddr5.php

12 Gb ram and a i5 2500,

I hope for 30fps on High/ultra mix
Is that good?
salute

The i5-2500K is a very good CPU and even though stated as minimum, it has insane overclocking capabilities if you are into that.

12 gigs of RAM are enough so you're good there.

I'd go for the Gigabyte G1. It is said that it's the best gtx 970 in the market currently.

With these 3 i am sure you'll pull more than 30fps

Thanks , So the Gygabite one, I do not own the K version, the normal one, and I am not very good in overcloking, Will I get the 30 fps on High/ultra without overclocking? (1920x1080)

Top Bottom