The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Yes! I FINALLY put my gaming pc build on order in my local pc store and in about two weeks I am gonna bring home from there this kind of PC specs below to wait for release of Witcher 3 to come:

GTX 970 GAMING 4G
intel haswell i5-4690k
Z97 PC MATE
Crucial 128GB MX100 SSD
XFX 550W Core Edition
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green
kingston 8gb (2x4gb) hyperx fury ddr3 1600mhz

Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z 24" LED

What do you pc-specs-knowledge senpais here think about my purchase? I think I cant put max settings in WIld Hunt without my build coughing up a bit while running it, but still certainly better than the performance in console versions, oui?

Last edited:
@SaladinBarchan Your new PC is excellent. I'm sure it'll run the game on max settings at around 50fps (Always based on what we have heard so far).

Not to mention that the 4690K is an excellent processor that can easily, very very easily be overclocked quite a bit, without even having to change it's voltage. That is of course if you are into these things. I overclocked my friends 4690K to 4.2Ghz without upping the voltage and it was stable as a rock and probably could go further.

That is certainly good and promising to hear. My wallet cried a bit tears of pain after the purchase but it was still SO worth it if it will mean fabulous Witcher experience.

Thank you Giovanni senpai!:hatsoff:

Guest 3790055

Hello All!

I'm thinking of getting a Laptop for the Witcher 3 with these specs:

Intel Core i7-4710MQ - 2,50 - 3,50GHz 6MB 47W
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2048MB GDDR5
4k 33,78 cm (13.3") QHD+ (3200*1800) Glare IPS-Panel
8GB (2x4096) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz CORSAIR Vengeance
1000GB / 8GB SATA-III SSH 5400U/Min Seagate Laptop SSHD (ST1000LM014)

Would I be able to run it? Thanks

A 1800p screen is way too much for a 860m and pure waste for a 13" screen. You should look for a 1080p (or even 900p if you stick with a 13" screen) laptop with a better graphic card instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, now I am really sure, I think the market is just triying to "sold" the new i5,i7, because 3 years old CPUi5/ i7 at stock can really match a brand new one at stock, only gaining what, 7-8%? Damm market!

I asked Kinley in private but figured no harm in getting more opinions (and hopefully more reassurances).

I'm nearing the time of buying my new computer and I'm seriously considering getting a 1440p monitor. We know that with Intel i7-4790, 16 GB RAM and a GTX 980 it ran on 60 FPS 1080p for GameStar. Is there some safe estimate how much FPS one can reach with the same specs, but a 1440p monitor instead of 1080p?

@EliHarel This is a very good question and i think it's a really difficult thing to estimate. Being someone that reads reviews for hardware all the time, i can tell you that it really depends on the game. I have seen differences of 20fps, 30fps and sometimes even more.

The GTX 980 is a powerful card though and i'm sure that if you are willing to sacrifice a bit and get some settings to high instead, you'll probably be able to get a decent 40fps. Very rough estimation of course based on how other games behave on these two resolutions.

You can take a look at this 980 review and get an idea of how different games do in 1080p and 1440p. That's a reference card reviewed, meaning that a custom one would have a decent 5-10fps gain.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review

@EliHarel This is a very good question and i think it's a really difficult thing to estimate. Being someone that reads reviews for hardware all the time, i can tell you that it really depends on the game. I have seen differences of 20fps, 30fps and sometimes even more.

The GTX 980 is a powerful card though and i'm sure that if you are willing to sacrifice a bit and get some settings to high instead, you'll probably be able to get a decent 40fps. Very rough estimation of course based on how other games behave on these two resolutions.

You can take a look at this 980 review and get an idea of how different games do in 1080p and 1440p. That's a reference card reviewed, meaning that a custom one would have a decent 5-10fps gain.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review
Well, damn. I had this dream of reaching around 40-45 FPS with ultra. If it's both a serious dip in FPS as well as graphical settings, I might go for a 1080p after all, unfortunately.

Going with 1440p or beyond still requires a sizable investment, not only in the gpu(s), but in a decent monitor.
I wouldn't say they're affordable to the masses, thus not mainstream yet (i.e. as 1080p is).

Edit - well, not in Canadian dollars anyway. Perhaps you microcentre, or newegg.com folks get good deals.

Last edited:
Sorry to ask again, but how do you think it will be ?

Hello !

I have this setup:

i7 4770 (non K)
12 gb ram
Asus Strix GTX 970

I was wondering if I will be able to max the game at 60 fps, at a resolution of 1920x1080.

Thank you

Alan

Sorry to ask again, but how do you think it will be ?

Hello !

I have this setup:

i7 4770 (non K)
12 gb ram
Asus Strix GTX 970

I was wondering if I will be able to max the game at 60 fps, at a resolution of 1920x1080.

Thank you

Alan

no, you should get 45 to 55 fps but not 60 steady.....at least what we know so far...maybe they will have it even more optimized but 980 was used to achieve steady 60 on ultra

no, you should get 45 to 55 fps but not 60 steady.....at least what we know so far...maybe they will have it even more optimized but 980 was used to achieve steady 60 on ultra

Well, with this game 45-55 frames per second, should be plenty right?
Perhaps 60 fps is more relevant in first person shooters?

Well, with this game 45-55 frames per second, should be plenty right?
Perhaps 60 fps is more relevant in first person shooters?

it depends on the person, it's subjective, if you like it that way, you can play, no problems, maybe with hair physix off and 2x antialiasing instead of 4, makes the difference and you increase 10 -15 fps, we still don't know for certain yet, the game hasn't been played with gtx 970 yet

Will Witcher 3 benefit from a dedicated Physx card?

Hi, my rig is an i5 3570k clocked @ 4.5 Ghz, 8 GM ram @ 1600 Mhz and a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. I'm just wondering if physx is supported in the game? I read in an article that the HairWorks is not physx and I can't seem to find anything that says that physx is in the game. I heard that a GTX 980 can run it on a stable 60 FPS @ Ultra, so what if I pair my GTX 970 with my spare GTX 660 TI as a dedicated Physx card would it catch up with the 980? Thanks with the responses greatly appreciated.

Well, damn. I had this dream of reaching around 40-45 FPS with ultra. If it's both a serious dip in FPS as well as graphical settings, I might go for a 1080p after all, unfortunately.

Although it's entirely estimation from my side but I think a single 980 can manage 40 - 45 at 1440p/ultra though there will be some areas where it'll go below 40 mark and that's where you won't like it. You can sacrifice AA to get better fps though.

Hi, my rig is an i5 3570k clocked @ 4.5 Ghz, 8 GM ram @ 1600 Mhz and a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. I'm just wondering if physx is supported in the game? I read in an article that the HairWorks is not physx and I can't seem to find anything that says that physx is in the game. I heard that a GTX 980 can run it on a stable 60 FPS @ Ultra, so what if I pair my GTX 970 with my spare GTX 660 TI as a dedicated Physx card would it catch up with the 980? Thanks with the responses greatly appreciated.

Witcher 3 list PhysX as supported technology on Geforce webpage so it has PhysX though I am not sure whether it's GPU or CPU PhysX.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications

During initial promotions they mentioned GPU PhysX but it's no longer being promoted so it might just be CPU PhysX now, in that case adding an additional card will not benefit but if it has GPU PhysX then yes, adding another card will off load PhysX processing from the primary card though I am not sure how much benefit it will provide.

Will my pc run it?

Heya all! I want to ask you if my pc with the proper settings can run the game on high settings (with heavy things like shadows on medium), with a resolution of 1920x1080 :
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 @3.3 GHz quadcore
RAM: 8gb
GPU: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7950_Twin_Frozr_3GD5OC.html#hero-specification

I don't think i can handle it on ultra, but i hope i can have some detail on high, like texture and model. Thank you all for the help and sorry for my bad english :)

Top Bottom