The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
I've recently watched 3 gameplay reviews of TW3 from this TW3 event in poland where youtubers got invited to play the game.
Some say it runs really well, but i heard of a serious gamebreaking issue and some less important. First of all the game is not optimized for keyboard and mouse?? what??
This could be gamebreaking.Hopefully im just pessimist but the first word came to my mind when i heard it was inputlag, second was mouse stutter. Two seriously gamebreaking issues, but lets hope its so easy to optimize it , they could even do in 1 day and thats why the youtubers had to play with xbox controller.

Second thing is the nvidia hair physx. Gopher clearly says that this option has to be turned off, because they couldn't optimize it anymore and it's a performance hog. I don't clearly understand it, because in FC4 i used the nvidia hairworks simulation and i didn't notice a single drop in fps, even when a hoard of animals were on the screen. He also says it looks really good, but the 980 can't take it.
here is the video i'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94R0Ji39E68

Settings -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Create and format hard disk partitions

It will show you all your disks and the partitions on the disks and unallocated space.

Select the unallocated space and format it. You will end up with two partitions; the system partition is still "C:", and the new partition is whatever drive letter you assign to it. (Usually it will be "E:" if you don't assign one. You can change it.)

Alternatively, you can select your system partition and choose "Extend partition" if you want all your drive space to be in one partition.

(For power users, ignore all of the above. Get System Rescue CD, boot from it, and run "gparted".)

Second thing is the nvidia hair physx. Gopher clearly says that this option has to be turned off, because they couldn't optimize it anymore and it's a performance hog. I don't clearly understand it, because in FC4 i used the nvidia hairworks simulation and i didn't notice a single drop in fps, even when a hoard of animals were on the screen. He also says it looks really good, but the 980 can't take it.
You misunderstood. He said that it hits performance, but he would be able to run it without recording - they were using NVidia ShadowPlay which heavily uses graphics card. Without recording it was ok. I think that in AngryJoe's video, this option is actually enabled (hair is clearly superior) and it seems to run quite alright.

As to game not being optimized for K&M, he [Gopher] claimed that it was fine for him, but CDPR insisted on them using gamepads, because they (devs) were not yet satisfied with M&K controls - but it will be completely ready for launch.

I've recently watched 3 gameplay reviews of TW3 from this TW3 event in poland where youtubers got invited to play the game.
Some say it runs really well, but i heard of a serious gamebreaking issue and some less important. First of all the game is not optimized for keyboard and mouse?? what??
This could be gamebreaking.Hopefully im just pessimist but the first word came to my mind when i heard it was inputlag, second was mouse stutter. Two seriously gamebreaking issues, but lets hope its so easy to optimize it , they could even do in 1 day and thats why the youtubers had to play with xbox controller.

here is the video i'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94R0Ji39E68

This was not the final build of the game so m+k and physx should get better on the final version. At least for the physx part they stated that in the very same video.

Still with my i5-2500k and gtx 980 I'm suddenly thinking; OK it's 30 fps 1080p with everything on. I think I can live with that. Though it's interesting to see how dedicated physx card works in this game and in what combinatios. Somehow I'm sure we'll get that information on this foum once the game has been out awhile :)

Last edited:
You misunderstood. He said that it hits performance, but he would be able to run it without recording - they were using NVidia ShadowPlay which heavily uses graphics card. Without recording it was ok. I think that in AngryJoe's video, this option is actually enabled (hair is clearly superior) and it seems to run quite alright.

As to game not being optimized for K&M, he [Gopher] claimed that it was fine for him, but CDPR insisted on them using gamepads, because they (devs) were not yet satisfied with M&K controls - but it will be completely ready for launch.

Yeah i'm watching the 40 min review from angrys at the moment, and the hair looks a lot superior. I hope you are right and it will be fully optimized so we can run the hair aswell with 60fps ultra on a single 980. it adds a lot of reality to the character in angrys video.

hi can i run this game and at what graphic seting

Intel® Core™ i7-5960X (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost
Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 graphics with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 -NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
16GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz

The only question is, how high? Dual 770s aren't up to dual 970's or a 980, but you should have a good shot at ultra and 1080p at some acceptable frame rate.

4GB "total", however, is an illusion or a salesman's deception. In SLI, resources have to be duplicated on each card. So you have only 2GB usable memory.

ok thanks i am only playing at 1080 p on my 55 inch

---------- Updated at 10:13 PM ----------

is this card any god and dose it have the problem like the it is a 4gb but hase a 3.5 gb and a 0.5 gb
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition

and can i put it in a alienware area 51

The Witcher 3 AMD

The requirements are published with the standard 60 fps and 1080p? I mean if they are tested on these parameters.

I hope that with my PC:
AMD FX 8350 4ghz
8 GB DDR3
R9 270x 2GB GDDR5

You can play with high graphics between 40-30 fps

If any of CDProjekt developer read this, can you tell me if the game is optimized correctly for AMD components

Last edited:
The requirements are published with the standard 60 fps and 1080p? I mean if they are tested on these parameters.

I hope that with my PC:
AMD FX 8350 4ghz
8 GB DDR3
R9 270x 2GB GDDR5

You can play with high graphics between 40-30 fps

If any of CDProjekt developer read this, can you tell me if the game is optimized correctly for AMD components

I have basically the same system as you but my GPU is an MSI OC R290. If I am not mistaken the R270x is just a rebranded 7870, which is the minimum AMD card.

R9 270x is the same architecture as the 7870, but slightly faster (faster memory, boost clock) and can take 4GB VRAM. This makes it something above minimum spec.

I run a 7870 XT, which is a different architecture (Tahiti), so I'm also counting on decent performance from AMD cards.

Last edited:
Guys this is my final build for my PC. Is everything alright? I want to play TW3 at 1080 Ultra 60fps with Hairworks turned off. I think with this build will i be able to do that from what i read in GameStar's latest post on how the game is running.

GTX 980
i7 4790k
Asus Maximus Vii Hero Lga 1150 Intel Z97
8GB of Ram
1tb HD

Sadly I just pass the minimum requirements, I5-2500K and a gtx 660 ti. Does that mean I won't be able to play the game in 60 fps?

Asus strix GTX 970 SLI (OC)
i5-3750k 4,5 GHz
8GB 1600 MHz RAM
LG34um95 3440x1440 60Hz IPS

Any guestimations on what settings I will get either on 3440x1440 or 2560x1440?

i7-920 2,6-2.9 GHz on Asus Rampage II Extreme (X45)
16GB 1066 MHz RAM
Radeon R9 290-X
1920x1200 60Hz IPS

Video is Okay... Cpu and FSB are a little bit slow.. RAM is OKAY ..
The system and the storage are running on 2 SSD (over sata2, but it is still fast.. so i guess that IOPS is not a problem here..)

Any thoughts? ty.

PC vs PS4

Hello,

Should i buy the PC version or PS4 version.

My PC Specs are Given below.

1) Inter i5 2500
2) AMD sapphire 290 tri-x
3) Corsair Vengeance 8gb RAM

I am not sure whether my PC will be able to give me the same kind of performance as a PS4.

Top Bottom