The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

This thread is obsolete only to a certain extent.. we'll keep guessing until the release of the game anyway ;)

The requisites seem honest. Credit to CDPR. The only thing I don't understand is the CPU requirements (in line with the latest games).. I7's only advantage lies in hyperthreading, so the question is: can the game take advantage from it? :)

Then there's no question anymore, I have an i5 (I think that one in the minimum reqs) and a GTX560 Ti, so...

How should I understand 'recommended'? I have a feeling it doesn't mean 'this rig can run it on max', right?

Sounds good. My pc exactly matches the recommended requirements. Can I expect to run it on highest settings (without ubersampling) with at least 30 fps?
I could run witcher 2 on ultra (without ubersampling) with 60 fps.

PS: I like how my gtx 770 is equal to a r9 290 :p

Last edited:
How should I understand 'recommended'? I have a feeling it doesn't mean 'this rig can run it on max', right?
There are many ways of "running on max".. If you are looking for 60fps at maximum detail or heavvy filters, you're gonna need more. Always been like that.. EDIT: but I have to say that TW2 is one of the few games which plays smooth also under 60 fps.. which is good.. I wasn't able to sustain 60 fps constant at the level of detail I selected with my rig but enjoyed a smooth experience nonetheless. I expect TW3 to have the same behaviour. In addiction to that, graphical settings in TW2 behave well (apart from ubersapling which I find quite pointless tbh).

Last edited:

I hope that no existing pc can run it on max settings.
Because this would means that the image quality on max is for the future, like Crysis 1 or even The Witcher 2 with Ubersampling.

hmmm my system is above the minimum specs, but I hardly reach the recommended specs with my GTX 680. Or are 2x GTX 680 enough to run it decent? Anyone?

(I'm planning to build a new pc this year but I might just get some new videocards and overclock my system, that should keep me going for another year or so.)

So no dual core then even on minimum? Well... Goodbye my old dualcore friend ... You served me well for 8 years. SOB...

Well, pretty damn reasonable requirements. Listening to some of the interview to you CDPR guys, I knew it was not gonna be the all time ultimate system destructor everybody was screaming. This is good!

Top Bottom