The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
How much is the difference between GTX 670 and 770? I pass the rest of recommended requirements, in fact, i have exacly the i7-3770

More than slight, but not decisive. The 770 is a fractional step up (8 modules vs. 6) from the 760, which is comparable to the 670. But both are 32 ROP output stage, while the minimum (660) is 24 ROP.

---------- Updated at 08:16 AM ----------

Now, since those specs are for "regular" GPUs only, would anyone here be so kind and tell me how they compare to notebook cards?
In other words, would a Nvidia GeForce GT 750M run it?
Thanks in advance!!

My system:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4702MQ @2.20GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: stated above ;)

Those requirements do not give me confidence that the game will run well on notebooks in general or 16-ROP cards like the 750 and 750M. The CPU specs in particular are pretty high.

The rule of thumb is, an nVidia mobile GPU is one step below the same-numbered desktop GPU. 750M = desktop 740, both are GK107 chips. This is well below minimum. Whether it is far enough below minimum to make the game unplayable is a question that experience with the game will be needed to answer.

Well, it is barebones in being the very minimum that makes up requirements, they have not provided anything beyond that.
I grant you that half-assed is unfair but calling it barebones seems fitting.

The thread is called The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt PC system requirements. They provided the system requirements, for both minimum tier of to be able to run the game, to the recommended, enjoyable tier, as do 99% of devs do from times immemorial. I really don't see what are you getting at, and I think you really have in mind the post-launch benchmark tests.

There shouldn't be any problems to run TW3 on medium @ 1080p, right?
My specs:
CPU: FX-6300
GPU: Radeon HD 7950 3GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3

I think you can even try mix of medium and high, FX-6300 is nearly equal to i5 2500k and your GPU is okay too while RAM is in recommended category so yes.

I can't believe my R9 290 is counted in recommended GPUs, good work CDPR.

Last edited:
The thread is called The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt PC system requirements. They provided the system requirements, for both minimum tier of to be able to run the game, to the recommended, enjoyable tier, as do 99% of devs do from times immemorial. I really don't see what are you getting at, and I think you really have in mind the post-launch benchmark tests.

Yeah, I suppose so, I had just hoped for some indepth specs to use as a guideline, not the very basics/minimum.
I just hope they release a benchmark tool close to launch, otherwise it is still guesswork for a large part up until you run the game.

I think you can even try mix of medium and high, FX-6300 is nearly equal to i5 2500k so yes.

The FX-6300 isn't anywhere close to any Core i5, especially Sandy Bridge, but the minimum in AMD is an x4 940, and it's comparable to a Phenom II x6, so it's fine.

My actual PC sys is this:
BIOS Date: 06/26/08 12:16:43 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Chip type: GeForce GT 440

Can you understand why I'm happy about the breath the release give me?

Oh, I know guesswork is implied but sometimes you do get a bit of extra help, and seeing CD Projekt their pedigree I hoped for such.
Maybe you'll have more info near the release date but I guess you'll have to wait.. if you have to upgrade I strongly suggest to do so after the release in any case

READY!

I think you can even try mix of medium and high, FX-6300 is nearly equal to i5 2500k and your GPU is okay too while RAM is in recommended category so yes.

The FX-6300 isn't anywhere close to any Core i5, especially Sandy Bridge, but the minimum in AMD is an x4 940, and it's comparable to a Phenom II x6, so it's fine.

Thx for the info. As long I can play it with a stable framerate @ 1080p I'm fine. :)

gfx: gtx 560 , regular one, not ti
cpu: i7 870 2.93 ghz lynnfield 45 nm
8 gb ram
I guess i need new pc...

Well I'm midway between the 2 then, I have a 760 GTX and a i5 4670. Is there much difference in performance between an i7 3770 and i5 4670?? As for the GPU, eh I don't think there'll be too much difference between the 760 and 770 other than a few frames and I barely notice that stuff. It's looking good!

Awwwwwww yisssssss. Gonna max this bad boy out. Cannot wait!

Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised at these specs given what we've seen from other games *cough*mainlylookingatyouUnity*cough*.

BTW - If anyone is looking to jump on a 970 and wants an MSI with a backplate, the Golden Edition is back in stock finally on NewEgg right now. Very limited stock though, only 2000 made supposedly. It's $50 more than the standard version, so comes down to whether you care about color or want the additional perks.

Last edited:
The game isn't even out or in hands of people to be played, how can now say that AMD cards have poor optimization.
Because the AMD videocards in the specs aren't equivalent with the Nvidia cards? (If that is even the case...) I'm sure CDPR will do everything they can to make the gameplay experience the same for AMD and Nvidia users. Perhaps because of the use of some Nvidia tech, like the hair and fur, makes the game a bit harder to run on AMD cards. And I've heard here on these forums that most of the Nvidia tech is also heavy CPU based so I don't think that will be a problem.

You could be right, meanwhile, in 2014 we take some bad experiences with nvidia's games optimizations. Even nVidia users!

Some memories are still painful.

Of course, CDPR will work hard to make a "bugless" game, but AMD users maybe will feel more difficult to enjoy the game... or not, depends on whether the CDPR can give your game to AMD optimize their drivers. Drivers will be the key here.

Do you Agree?

Ah ultra here I come!
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
Direct X 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
Direct X 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Great optimization! Thank you CD PROJEKT RED! I am looking forward to play Witcher 3 on mine GTX 780 on ultra settings!

gfx: gtx 560 , regular one, not ti
cpu: i7 870 2.93 ghz lynnfield 45 nm
8 gb ram
I guess i need new pc...

I think you're OK on the CPU; it's still faster than the minimum Phenom II x4. But the minimum and recommended GPUs worry me a bit. They're all recent 24-ROP and 32-ROP models, and while the 560 is a 32-ROP model, it's also a Fermi, and the Kepler and Maxwell shaders are much superior.

I think you've got a good sub-minimum system, and you should be able to find settings at which the game will play competently.

Top Bottom