The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Gigabyte is having some issues here and there lately... Like they are kinda noisy
I personally feel that the majority of gamers here love msi and they have their reasons, though the asus is really good too, there's a tiny difference
You can buy either with no regrets, they are both cool and silent
If people slightly prefer msi there is a reason, but isn't big deal, the difference is so irrelevant that if you prefer you can even pick the video card by aesthetic beauty

I have ran many Gigabyte products, MB's.GPUs and otherwise. Not a single issue. I have also ran all the other brands as well. No major issues either.

For the record my pair of G1 970's are quiet and OC like a beast.

each time i read about ppl who are raging about pc requirement for witcher 3 . i m mdr ( lol in french ) because when you re a gamer and want to play the game you like you have the machine to do it . upgrading pc always be a part of the gaming system on pc since i play and nobody rage about the requirement of mordor or dragon age inquisition and it's nearly the same as witcher 3. when a new tablet or a new samsung galaxy or ephone come out people threw away 500-750 euros and for a game people are raging because they have to upgrade for it >< .Since the game was annonce , we knew the game was demanding and for that we must have a recent configuration .After the debate about the xbox and the ps4 isn't my problem.

There is a lot of rage about Dragon Age Inquisition, FC4, and AC: Unity. These games aren't optimized properly.
Dragon Age Inquisition for example intentionally isn't optimized for Dual Core CPUs. It has huge lags.

Problem with TW3 isn't what kind of hardware do you need for maximum graphics - you will definitely need high end. The question is what do you need for medium or low settings?
Are these low PC requirements true? For many games they aren't true.
I don't have any problems to play TW3 with TW2 level of graphics, or even Skyrim level.

There is a lot of rage about Dragon Age Inquisition, FC4, and AC: Unity. These games aren't optimized properly.
Dragon Age Inquisition for example intentionally isn't optimized for Dual Core CPUs. It has huge lags.

It's called multithreading, and it's about damn time that games use more than one or two threads.

So, did it work well on this rig? Can i run stable 60fps on high\ultra?
i5 3570k OC 4.4Ghz
Asus P9Z77 V with 16 GB RAM 1866 Mhz
GF 970 Gigabyte G1

Problem with TW3 isn't what kind of hardware do you need for maximum graphics - you will definitely need high end. The question is what do you need for medium or low settings?
I don't have any problems to play TW3 with TW2 level of graphics, or even Skyrim level.
Maybe the Witcher 3 will be programmed, thinking in multiple cores and taking advantage of the new technology of the latest cpu and gpu, that can be a reason because games like this, aren't for ps3 or xbox360, i mean, witcher 3 will be a pioneer in game technology, we cant expected have a game that can be runned in a rig from 2006

Maybe the Witcher 3 will be programmed, thinking in multiple cores and taking advantage of the new technology of the latest cpu and gpu, that can be a reason because games like this, aren't for ps3 or xbox360, i mean, witcher 3 will be a pioneer in game technology, we cant expected have a game that can be runned in a rig from 2006

i think some peolpe was hoping that but reality can be harsh sometimes.

It's called multithreading, and it's about damn time that games use more than one or two threads.

Typical answer form the person who knows very little, or nothing, about how games work.

Dragon Age Inquisition with proper optimization should work on dual core without problems. I talk about the fastest dual core CPUs.
This game has huge lags even during credits and in the menu on dual core - and this is the proof that they it on purpose..

FC 4 works normally on dual core with unofficial fix.

970 Gigabyte G1 should run the game on ultra.. Depending on your definition it wont be able to use ubersampling or highest AA settings but you dont need that.

Gtx 970=Gtx 780ti in performance but use's less power and can OC alot more.

My 970 Gigabyte G1 oc to 1542MHz and it has same performance as a reference 980.

No its called Ubisoft, and EA. Both of these companies have about as much quality control as a brain dead gerbil for about the last four years now. Ubisoft has never had a very high standard of QC, but there last 2 major releases unity, and watch dogs are amazingly horrid. EA on the other hand hasn't had a non train wreck of an FPS since bad company 2; which came out five years ago. On top of all that I have heard countless rumors of DAI having bad glitches, and on Ubisoft's end that the PS4 version of Tetris wasn't working very well. How do you screw up Tetris!

---------- Updated at 09:59 PM ----------

Typical answer form the person who knows very little, or nothing, about how games work.

Dragon Age Inquisition with proper optimization should work on dual core without problems. I talk about the fastest dual core CPUs.
This game has huge lags even during credits and in the menu on dual core - and this is the proof that they it on purpose..

FC 4 works normally on dual core with unofficial fix.

On purpose?! They don't have enough programing competence to pull that little trick off intentionally. Both EA, and Ubisoft are just like Capcom right now. Horrendously out of touch with their fan base, and circling the drain of washed up companies. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if companies like CD Project Red, and Rocksteady turn out to be the new "emerging" powers on the gaming seen.

The amount of engines that still prioritize the first core is... stuttering STAGGERING. That said, multithreading isn't exactly an easy task so kind of understand, especially with all the middleware that has to be incorporated.

Theory v Real world result:

Regardless. Afaik, the Reds are at the moment busy eliminating bugs and making the game as stable as possible to ensure a smooth launch come May. There is absolutely nothing you can do at this point (and I doubt you'd had in the past either) to change the status quo of the graphical settings/requirements in the game.

The reality is that It's either upgrade time or a very choppy or unplayable gaming experience awaits you. This continued (forgive me) "bitching" will not solve anything and frankly will only increase your own frustration even more. Imo.

Moderator: What's more, comparison with EA and others for the purpose of slamming those companies is off topic, and comments from armchair developers relating to games you have not worked on are cheap.

The topic of this thread is the PC system requirements for The Witcher 3.

In the past, CDPR has not specified requirements that are unreasonable with respect to their games. Nobody who is not an insider has any foundation for believing they have done otherwise with The Witcher 3. As to whether upper-range Kepler and Pitcairn GPUs and 4-core CPUs are indeed the minimum for a satisfactory experience:

1. They have said that this is the case, and no evidence contrary to it has been presented.

2. If lesser equipment is capable of good performance with this game, the many expert tuners and technicians on this forum and elsewhere will find the actual limits of the game in good time.

Last edited:
Moderator: What's more, comparison with EA and others for the purpose of slamming those companies is off topic, and comments from armchair developers relating to games you have not worked on are cheap.

The topic of this thread is the PC system requirements for The Witcher 3.

Agreed on offtopic, so I won't bring it up again on this thread. However when consistently poor results come from the same sources time, and time again. Irregardless of proximity to the internal workings, an accurate external opinion can be made.

Im wondering will this support sli on launch since i was rather pissed off that DAI and mayn recent pc games are not launching with sli support.

That's entirely on Nvidia not CDPR. Games generally don't support SLI out of the box, hence driver updates.

You can easily create a SLI profile for a game yourself by choosing one of the three settings SFR, AFR1, AFR2, it's just that it most likely won't perform very well since they will have no SLI compatibility bits.

The game engine needs to support SLI of course but once that is done, the rest depends on Nvidia and their SLI compatibility bits and even then it can perform badly. It has taken many months for some SLI profiles to show up(Red Faction Guerilla took ~10 months IIRC) and even then there's no 'guarantee' that they'll perform well.

WHY that is? I can only guess, and my guess is because stats from 2012 or 13 indicated that less than 3% people use SLI(or Crossfire for that matter), so maybe either company doesn't really bother too much since it's a very small userbase.

Last edited:
Well since CDPR and Nvidia are working closely together, my guess is Nvidia is already working on drivers? I think they might have a build from TW3 to work on, if not now then soon before release.

Yeah we'll likely get a "Game Ready" driver for TW3, but how the SLI profile in that is(if it is there at release) I cannot say, lately it's been bad times for SLI/Crossfire users.

What I can say however, is that there's no driver profile for Witcher 3 yet :p sometimes the profile is added a driver release along with the game release, sometimes a few weeks/months earlier(AC Unity being a recent example that comes to mind for the latter).

Well since CDPR and Nvidia are working closely together, my guess is Nvidia is already working on drivers? I think they might have a build from TW3 to work on, if not now then soon before release.
Nvidia were already "working closely" with CDPR back when TW2 was released, and it still took them like 3-4 months before a fully working SLI profile was released.

So if it's crucial for you to play games the day they're released I'd avoid going with an SLI setup. I personally don't mind waiting a few weeks/months to get the über experience though.

Top Bottom