The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Hi guys!
I have a GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5, i7 2600 3.4GHz and 8gb RAM 1600 MHz. Can you tell me if I will be able to run it? And in what settings?

Hi guys!
I have a GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5, i7 2600 3.4GHz and 8gb RAM 1600 MHz. Can you tell me if I will be able to run it? And in what settings?

It should run, but the settings are a little hard to predict. The 760's a little slower than the recommended 770. I'm thinking, medium settings at 1080p.

---------- Updated at 03:44 PM ----------

Hi,
I have GT 540M CUDA 2GB GPU in my laptop, that means i can cancel my pre-order right?

If that's what you had planned to run the game on, I'd probably agree. 540m is the low-end GF108 chip, and it's only a fraction of the performance of the "minimum" GTX 660.

Oh I see! Thanks for the reply! :)

I plan to get a new system , but I still wanted to know what you think of my laptop.... in terms of how well or if it can run w3 at all..

I7 3610qm 2.3 ghz
Gtx660m
8gig ram
128 gb ssd

I plan to get a new system , but I still wanted to know what you think of my laptop.... in terms of how well or if it can run w3 at all..

I7 3610qm 2.3 ghz
Gtx660m
8gig ram
128 gb ssd
If we can trust the lower level of requirements, you're quite under the minimum since the desktop 660 is well beyond the performance of the mobile counterpart. So you'll probably have trouble playing the game or finding reasonable performance.

@Guy N'wah is there any official statement about resolution for minimum requirements? I can't remember any. Could be still 1080p but also lower. What do you think?

Last edited:
No, it is not limited. That was either a misunderstanding or a deliberate misquote, I don't care which, and we're not going to spread FUD by arguing about it.

However, the game is currently performing at 30 fps or not much beyond at high settings and 1080p on very well-provisioned PCs. This will improve with optimization; how much, we won't know until it's done.
How is this even possible??? a ps4 gpu's theorical processing power is like 2 TFLOPS, A GTX 980's is like 5 TFLOPS how comes it performes the same 30 fps? Sounds wierd for me.

Hi,
I have GT 540M CUDA 2GB GPU in my laptop, that means i can cancel my pre-order right?

Quite. Or buy a better PC as well ;)

Ed: ah, I just saw Guy N'wah already replied to that.

How is this even possible??? a ps4 gpu's theorical processing power is like 2 TFLOPS, A GTX 980's is like 5 TFLOPS how comes it performes the same 30 fps? Sounds wierd for me.
With different graphics quality of course, my young padawan.

Last edited:
With different graphics quality of course, my young padawan.
So you want to tell me that the graphics difference will be so huge? OR maybe the 30 fps is meant with 8x MSAA and that's why performance is 30 fps? Because if this is the case game will easily get 60+ avg fps with any post process AA..

So you want to tell me that the graphics difference will be so huge? OR maybe the 30 fps is meant with 8x MSAA and that's why performance is 30 fps? Because if this is the case game will easily get 60+ avg fps with any post process AA..

The graphics differences will probably be subtle, it's a thing of diminishing returns. On the PC with high settings you just get a little more accurate shadows here, a few more pebbles on the road there, some more polished textures over there, and a little more visibility range from that mountain top - result: performance demand increases vastly, while, at first look, the graphics don't seem to differ that much.

I believe that if turn off the AA or set it to x2 (I think for FULL HD this would be enough), then even high settings will be available for users that have recommended system or little less.

So better I buy 770 if I play at this resolutions?

So better I buy 770 if I play at this resolutions?

Ehm.. What do you want to know specifically? :p don't understand your question

---------- Updated at 05:41 PM ----------

There are many factors involved.. Among these, the "diminishing returns" M4xwolf said: giving further with graphical fidelity the calculation needed raise exponentially, hence the fact that for small improvements you need lots of processing power. But also che fact that consoles use their hardware much better and more efficiently than a PC and probably the fact that there is, to some extent, a bit of lack of optimization. However do not consider those values for TW3 because they will surely raise the performance before launch.

If you play in resolutions beyond 1080p, AMDs cards hold up better than their geforce counterparts. For example at 4k, the 290X is most of the times faster than the GTX980 - for ~200 orens less.
(For this price difference, you can play a very long time before the higher power draw of the 290X costs you additional money over the GTX980).
See also here, a brandnew test in 5k-glory (or madness ;) ): http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafi.../SLI-Crossfire-GTX-970-GTX-980-R290X-1149715/

Last edited:

right now I don't know... after reading 1000 pages I more confuse than ever.
I need to upgrade my PC , I'd wanted a 970 +i5 but reading all of you it seems that I even now upgrade my monitor too! I just wanna play peacefully, no matter about high or ultra resolutions.... :(

Simple question really.

Basically if you want to play above 1080p, get the fastest GPU with as much VRAM as possible.

I need to upgrade my PC , I'd wanted a 970 +i5 but reading all of you it seems that I even now upgrade my monitor too! I just wanna play peacefully, no matter about high or ultra resolutions.... :(
Okay, this I don't get.

What have we been saying that has made you decide that an upgrade to a high resolution monitor is essential?

What monitor do you have? No need to upgrade over 1980x1020 if you don't want it specifically (and know the amount of money involved for both monitor and GPU(s) ). If you play at 1980x1020 the 970 is a good choice. But if your aim is a PC for TW3 my suggestion would be "wait" :)

@M4xwolf odd, the benches I saw till now were saying the opposite = 980 leads. Of course the price difference remains huge EDIT - saw some more and it seems you are right even if of course it depends much on the games

Last edited:
Question: I can run TW2 full ultra settings with ubersampling at 35 fps average and 80fps without ubersampling. What should I expect from TW3 in terms of perforrmace?

Simple question really.

Basically if you want to play above 1080p, get the fastest GPU with as much VRAM as possible.

Okay, this I don't get.

What have we been saying that has made you decide that an upgrade to a high resolution monitor is essential?

No, it makes be afraid I will need to do it but I cannot. I was ready for spend 800-900€ in MB +CPU +GPU. So, if I have to reach such expensive stuff you are talking about (monitor 4k included) maybe it would be more reasonable buy something cheaper and humble. Anything facing my dual core 2.3g and gtx440 will be always much better.

@Niebling impossible to say even the little we could without knowing your rig

@wichat if that's what you can spend your predicted rig (i5+970) is a good choice, provided you have a good 1080p monitor and a good PSU, which you didn't mention.

Top Bottom