The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Yes i have made a lot of research in what to go for. It seems a second 970 is the way to go. Pity my motherboard can't support SLI. I will have to keep that in mind for future systems.

my rig is : intell core i7-4770 cpu 3.4 ghz
16 go platinium dd3 corsair pc 17000
mother board >> asus rog maximus 6 hero
ssd 200 intell
graphic card : geforce gtx 780 3 giga ddr

i should be able to run the game on higt perhaps with one or two things on ultra and wait new generatio ncard to go all ultra ?

my rig is : intell core i7-4770 cpu 3.4 ghz
16 go platinium dd3 corsair pc 17000
mother board >> asus rog maximus 6 hero
ssd 200 intell
graphic card : geforce gtx 780 3 giga ddr

i should be able to run the game on higt perhaps with one or two things on ultra and wait new generatio ncard to go all ultra ?

You can run it on high, might even be able to get some things to ultra as well i would say.

Specific processor requirements

I'm a little confused about the requirements for CPU, so I would be grateful if someone helped me help answer two questions.

1) It would be possible to say, how many cores game uses? (It is no secret that even nowadays most modern games still use only two cores)

2) "Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz" is recommended CPU, but this CPU have also 3.9 GHz turbo boost.
It is therefore recommended performance still 3.4 GHz or higher?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

I'm a little confused about the requirements for CPU, so I would be grateful if someone helped me help answer two questions.

1) It would be possible to say, how many cores game uses? (It is no secret that even nowadays most modern games still use only two cores)

2) "Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz" is recommended CPU, but this CPU have also 3.9 GHz turbo boost.

1) The Witcher 3 is not another Dead or Alive 5 PS3 port which stresses only one core while others just tease you with low usage, I think it will use 4 cores very easily and will have greater benefit from Hyper Threading.

2) Every CPU intensive application trigger turbo boost so 3.9 GHz should be the optimal speed. I think 3.4 GHz is mentioned just for reference purpose.

.. I hate you guys :)
Your words got into me. Iam surprising myself looking into ( small? ) desktop ( screen+mouse+keyboard and stuff ). Comparing what I could get with my price range. Especially since I realized 980 and 980m are not the same thing ( you said noob? ). Anyways. You guys for making me wonder if a ( tower? ) desktop could fit in a big suitcase :p

Edit : I know it doesn't exist. Just want you to know that you made me doubt.

Last edited:
1) The Witcher 3 is not another Dead or Alive 5 PS3 port which stresses only one core while others just tease you with low usage, I think it will use 4 cores very easily and will have greater benefit from Hyper Threading.

2) Every CPU intensive application trigger turbo boost so 3.9 GHz should be the optimal speed. I think 3.4 GHz is mentioned just for reference purpose.

I would be really curious to see if hyper threading is actually beneficial for TW3. I'd really like to know if that is the case because it's not very common for games i suppose. Would be a very interesting piece of info from CDPR.

As for the CPU speed i think having a 1-2 year old i5 or i7 would be quite enough. I don't think (or i don't want to think) that with a CPU like that anyone would have problems running the game unless hyper threading actually makes a difference.

I would be really curious to see if hyper threading is actually beneficial for TW3. I'd really like to know if that is the case because it's not very common for games i suppose. Would be a very interesting piece of info from CDPR.

As for the CPU speed i think having a 1-2 year old i5 or i7 would be quite enough. I don't think (or i don't want to think) that with a CPU like that anyone would have problems running the game unless hyper threading actually makes a difference.

I'm still running an i7-860 (default 2.8 Ghz - overclocked to 3.8 Ghz with hyper-threading enabled).
This cpu came out in September 2009.

I'm confident I'll run the game with ease, taking into consideration the considerably weaker AMD required & recommended cpus.

Alright guys. That's now official. I'll join the dark side and buy a desktop next month. After comparison It would be idiot not to. I really want a kick ass graphic card like 980 ( and not the 980m joke in comparison ). And it's cheaper for best quality and customization, like you said previously. So thank you guys. You helped me big time.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

Unfortunately, I still have a old cpu and wanted to ask if I Witcher 3 so ever buy Should I? This is still a Q9650 with 3,0 GHz ...

And I Apologize for my bad English.

Core 2 Quads like the Q9650 do not meet the stated minimum requirements, but they are still stronger than the Phenom II's that do. I anticipate the second-generation Core 2 Quads (Q9550, Q9650) will be playable, possibly on low settings. I would wonder about first-generation like the Q6600 or cut-down versions like the Q8200.

Alright guys. That's now official. I'll join the dark side and buy a desktop next month. After comparison It would be idiot not to. I really want a kick ass graphic card like 980 ( and not the 980m joke in comparison ). And it's cheaper for best quality and customization, like you said previously. So thank you guys. You helped me big time.

Congratulations :D I am probably also building a rig now ... why not go 970 SLI instead of 980? Or do you play 1080p? :)

Congratulations :D I am probably also building a rig now ... why not go 970 SLI instead of 980? Or do you play 1080p? :)

That's what Iam doing after all. Iam changing ideas and all as Iam going through the building process. I might be lost from times to times but I'll take my time and do it right. I've got one month and Iam gonna make the most of it. I won't talk about it no more cause I don't want to be off topic. But thank you guys again. Iam glad our path crossed.

i5470 at 3.6ghz
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
SSD Samsung EVO
MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr Gaming 2 GB

Hope for nice FPS at High settings.

@Ausdog100
There are two big unknowns at this point: one, what level of AMD card is suitable for High or Ultra performance; and, two, whether Crossfire configurations will be well supported at launch or soon after.

Even given those unknowns, the frame rate and the eye candy on the PS4 are noticeably inferior to High settings on a well equipped PC. I would not throw in the towel on a good PC like that, at least not until we know more about the performance of AMD setups.

Yeah it should run fine, but im a noob like that, graphics are usually last of my concern but i love Witcher universe so much i just want a good run. Thats why im fine with High anything more is a bonus, and i posted somewhere else but it got moved here thus the bold title... My bad

Yeah it should run fine, but im a noob like that, graphics are usually last of my concern but i love Witcher universe so much i just want a good run. Thats why im fine with High anything more is a bonus, and i posted somewhere else but it got moved here thus the bold title... My bad

I think High Settings will be absolutly doable.. Ultra could be tricky because of all the Nvidia stuff thats on Ultra. especially Tressfx(very advanced Hair Physix) tends to wreck AMD Cards.

But your CPU and GPU are exactly what CDPR recommended so High should be no problem.

---------- Updated at 09:44 AM ----------

i5470 at 3.6ghz
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
SSD Samsung EVO
MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr Gaming 2 GB

Hope for nice FPS at High settings.

I asume you mean the I5 4670?

do you want to play on 1080p?

I guess High on 1080p with your setting will be playable. If you dont use silly stuff like MSAA, Soft Shadows and maybe stick with Medium Textures(many Developers put info in the Settings how much Vram your Graphics Card needs for wich Texture Settings.. so i guess 2gb Vram equals Medium to High)

---------- Updated at 09:55 AM ----------

1. Actually its a misinformation that most modern games still only use 2 Cores. It heavily depends on what Games we are looking at. Strategie Games,MOBAS and many Online RPGs often actually use 1-2 Cores so far its actually true. But as soon as we look at anything with Advanced Graphics and/or Open world as: Skyrim,Battlefield,COD,Far cry 3,4 , Watch Dogs,Assassins Creed Unity, Shadow of Mordor .. etc.... all those Games with either intense graphic and/or Open wold are using 4 Cores almost all the time while most of them run better with even more Cores than 4.. so either a Hyperthreaded I7 or an AMD FX 6 or 8 Core.

2.well since its not an K model they cant assume you overclock that CPU so they would assume you leave your Turbo settings at automatic. So your CPU will boost up if needed. Also dont worry so much about the CPU. Even in most modern Open World Games its still more importand what Graphics Card you have.

Top Bottom