The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Now the most important question of all. Who wants to buy me a new computer? I've got a 10 year old Dell and 3 kids. Unfortunately a system update is not in the budget. I've got the same PC (with a couple updates) that I used to play Witcher 1 eight years ago...I had 0 kids then. I might just have to stage a computer crash and force the issue with the wife of buying a new PC.

Hey men, can i run it on my Intel Core i5 4460? Game-debate says yes, but the rest of internet says that i can´t..... Thanks for answering

Hey men, can i run it on my Intel Core i5 4460? Game-debate says yes, but the rest of internet says that i can´t..... Thanks for answering

You sure can, that is a good CPU but it's gonna depend on your graphics card as well.

Now the most important question of all. Who wants to buy me a new computer? I've got a 10 year old Dell and 3 kids. Unfortunately a system update is not in the budget. I've got the same PC (with a couple updates) that I used to play Witcher 1 eight years ago...I had 0 kids then. I might just have to stage a computer crash and force the issue with the wife of buying a new PC.

That is too bad. Either stage a computer crash or maybe get into consoles and get a PS4/XBox1 :D

I wonder how much optimalisation they managed to get in these past 3 months. I mean the minimum requirements are quite steep. I'm still praying I can run it on the absolute minimum with 20fps. =x

BTW, how well would an overclocked and over-volted GTX 860M perform? Note that its performance exceeds a stock GTX 870M.

Also, how about an i7-4710MQ overclocked and under-volted to 3.7 GHz?

The CPU should be no problem. The GPU is somewhere between slightly less than and slightly above the specified minimum. (There are two very different 860M chips: one is a Maxwell, equivalent to a 750Ti, and the other is a Kepler, equivalent to a 660.) If you have it on a stable overclock, you should well outperform the minimum requirement.

The CPU should be no problem. The GPU is somewhere between slightly less than and slightly above the specified minimum. (There are two very different 860M chips: one is a Maxwell, equivalent to a 750Ti, and the other is a Kepler, equivalent to a 660.) If you have it on a stable overclock, you should well outperform the minimum requirement.

Mine's the Maxwell part - GM107. Indeed, my overclocks are as stable as I can get them - the only place where I ever get crashes are in my heavily-modded Skyrim set-up.

Hello all. Like everyone else, just wondering if my computer can handle this game.

Of major concern is the two most important parts: video card and processor.
My video card is an AMD 6850, which evidently will not play the game. I am, however planning to get a 280x so that should work just fine.
Next is my processor, an AMD XII 955 at 3.2 ghz.

The CPU seems to meet the minimum, but seemingly just barely from my knowledge, Even though I am planning to get a way better GPU, will the CPU be enough? And would this CPU bottleneck a 280x?

Also to note is that I will be playing at 900p, and that I am willing to play at 30 FPS for superior graphics.

I think the 6850 _will_ play the game, but we'd be very hard put to tell you _how well_. Unless they put GCN-specific features in, which is strongly unlikely, high-end 5xxx and 6xxx cards should not be excluded.

Your CPU's comfortably above minimum. And much of what AMD has done since the Phenom II hasn't really been forward progress. It's exceedingly unlikely to "bottleneck" a 280x.

I'm guessing my i7 960 is a little weak. While my Evga GTX 780 superclocked will comfortably be able to carry the day.

I'm guessing my i7 960 is a little weak. While my Evga GTX 780 superclocked will comfortably be able to carry the day.

I wouldn't say weak, more like long in the tooth. That particular CPU uses the Nehalem core, the first architecture the Core i7 series was based on and has hyperthreading so it's still a potent CPU.......especially if you overclock it :D

At stock clocks it will probably bottleneck your GTX 780, but around 4ghz or so you should be good even though it lacks the AVX instruction set.

This is what I have. What do you think?

My CPU is a Intel Core i7-4700HQ by the way.

Attachments

• 880m.gif
    880m.gif
    27 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Supported video cards...?

Hi peeps.
I've just received an email informing about my collector's edition needing confirmation. It's generally fantastic, but the mail contained some info that causes some concern, deep in my heart.
The mail says to check the requirements of the game, if you had ordered it before they went public, and at the page of cdp.pl (http://pomoc.cdp.pl/hc/pl/articles/203788588 - polish version), there is a list of "unsupported video cards". What does it say? Well: ATI Radeon: Serie: 7*, 8*, 9000-9600, x300-x1950, HD2xxx, HD3xxx, HD4xxx, HD5xxx, HD6xxx, HD7xxx do modelu HD 7870.

Up to HD 7870. I'm currently running on HD6950. It's pretty old but powerful, I can run Battlefield 4 on rather high specs and TW2 is running near-ultra.
But this doesn't sound good. Will this game really not run on such cards as mine?
Peace.

GTA on ultra , personally I don't think Witcher will be more demanding.
What do you think?

Attachments

• gta-v-bench-1080-u.jpg
    gta-v-bench-1080-u.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I have the 880M with 8GB memory.
My Screen does only support the resolution up to 900p.
I hope to run the game at high+30FPS...
What do you guys think? Hope there ?

Top Bottom