The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Get it on PC. Your hardware is well capable of running it on 60fps on med/high/ultra mix on 1080p.

-Edit-

I take it back, High/Ultra mix on 1080p should be fine for 60 fps with your GPU.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 min system requirements and settings

I'm itching to pre-order W3 but I noticed that their min specs call for an i5 CPU. I have an i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHZ, which I'm sure will play W3 but at what settings? I'm trying to check if all will be fine, but GOG.com support can't tell me & gave me a link to CD Projekt Red site where I'm unable to use their support form, as it only applies to released games. So, if anyone knows how to contact CD P R support for W3, please let me know. I'm sure it's just a technicality & I'm guessing I will be able to run it on high settings coz my current system runs Crysis 3 on high settings, but I would like to be sure before buying.

@blueyesdevil, if you know you can run a poorly optimized game like Assasin's Creed Unity at 60 on 2560x1440, and you believe that Witcher 3 will be well optimized on PC. Then there is nobody here who have more experience than you with your own hardware, true. And no one here has Witcher 3 on their own machine. So your guess is as good as any, right.

PC,no question. I would recommend playing on PC even for minimum specs and your GPU should probably let you have it at high settings with 60fps. The only reason to play anything on console over pc is for convenience, or if you have a crap PC (which you don't). Since you already have a PC, I'm sure your not worried abut convenience. Try as I might I can't find any other reason to play on PS4. I'm sure it'll be fine on consoles but if you already have a gaming PC then it is an objectively better experience.

Hello!
I have a notebook with this specs:

- INTEL CORE I7 4810MQ 2.4 GHZ, 6MB CACHE
- 8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 (1600 MHZ)
- NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 860M GPU (2GB GDDR5)

I can run the game ?
Thank You!

I think you will be able to do mid with that Rig Dimitri, the Gpu is good low or even mid (It is 10% slower than the 660 min spec but you will be able to play), and the i7 is not very fast, I suggest to wait, if the game is poor optimized 20 fps at low, if is good you can reach medium

---------- Updated at 01:36 PM ----------

@blueyesdevil, if you know you can run a poorly optimized game like Assasin's Creed Unity at 60 on 2560x1440, and you believe that Witcher 3 will be well optimized on PC. Then there is nobody here who have more experience than you with your own hardware, true. And no one here has Witcher 3 on their own machine. So your guess is as good as any, right.

Hey mate, we have similar rigs, I have lower Ram, 12Gb and 0.2GHz less on the cpu, but I think we will be playing on ultra :cheers:

Yes, I know that and I meant that because it's the non-K model it cannot be overclocked and thus it's not that powerful

min requirements say 2500k 3.3 ghz...
the 2500 is clocked at 3.3ghz min,and more with the turbo boost.
the only difference between the 2500k and 2500 is only the overclocking capabilities of the 2500k,so if they specified 2500k 3.3ghz,a 2500 3.3 ghz could do the same job

It might be possible although we still don't know what hit on performance hairworks will have.

I heard (not from an official source) that in some areas the hit can even be around 15-20fps, so it's difficult to say.

Hello guys can anyone please tell me if am I be able to play the witcher 3 at max settings or atleast high with this config? THANKS

GeForce Classified GTX 780 Ti 3GB
i7-2700K CPU 3.50GHz
16 Gb RAM

Look what you made made me do CDPR! I just ordered a ridiculously expensive PC! I would never, EVER spend this much money on a computer if it was not for The Witcher 3.

Now I just need to finish the two books I have left and replay Witcher 1 again and I am ready.

Hey dudes Ac unity is not poorly optimized. it was at realease for sure, but after 5 patches it is very well optimized it runs like butter smooth.

actually...
it is poorly optimized,even now...I don't know what's going on with that game,I read somewhere that the game sends too much draw call to the gpu,more than dx 11 could handle,and this provokes frame rates drops,and texture/character pop in...
the game has no occlusion culling so it is bad optimization...

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide what platform to get The Witcher 3 on? Im not very good when it comes to computers and speccs but i have a graphics card called "Geforce GTX 680" and 16GB of RAM. My computer is about 3 years old. It could run The Witcher 2 on 60 fps with high settings. But Witcher 3 looks a bit more demanding. Someone earlier told me that i should pick up Assassins Creed Unity for the PC instead of the PS4 because my computer was stronger than the PS4. But the framerate was horrible on PC and i couldnt even run the game on medium with 25 fps max. I dont know if it was crappy optimized for PC or something but AC:Unity looked ALOT better on my ps4. I saw the "minimum and recommended speccs" for PC for The Witcher 3 and im pretty sure my PC can run the game. But playing in 60 fps has always been something i really loved. But if it means the visuals will be better on my PS4 i dont mind the fps that much. Would be really kind if anyone here could help me out. Thanks in advance! =)

Seems a bit low no? I can max Assassins creed Unity at 60 fps on 2560x1440 with my setup, and there is no way that witcher 3 is optimized as bad as Unity.
Ops my mistake, i didn't read SLI for some reason. Yeah on a 970 SLI you probably can get 60fps on High-Ultra. It depends how cpu heavy the game is, because all the test systems shown have i7s. And other limitation could be the 3,5gb vram.

Top Bottom