The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Hi guys.
I guess I shouldn't be worried about GPU, but I am wondering, do I need upgrade CPU or it's good enough?
Thanks.

My rig:
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
Intel i5-4570S
Cooler SCYTHE Mugen 4
Crucial 8GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz
MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + WD Blue 1TB
Fractal Newton R3 Smart Modular 600W
Windows 8.1 64-bit

Anybody knows what kind of Antialiasing we will have? or we will have all types¿? FXAA, SMAA,TXAA,MSAA.. etc

I am wondering, because in 1080P, I tested Crysis 3, Maxed out, and with SMAA, I could get over 60 fps and not below 50, and with MSAA, 30-40, and I Didn`t see (any) DIfference, I hope Devs implement that to W3

---------- Updated at 10:03 PM ----------

Hi guys.
I guess I shouldn't be worried about GPU, but I am wondering, do I need upgrade CPU or it's good enough?
Thanks.

My rig:
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
Intel i5-4570S
Cooler SCYTHE Mugen 4
Crucial 8GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz
MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + WD Blue 1TB
Fractal Newton R3 Smart Modular 600W
Windows 8.1 64-bit

I think a little upgrade would benefict very much, I think that any CPU that is not above 3.0 will have problems in the near future on gaming

Anybody knows what kind of Antialiasing we will have? or we will have all types¿? FXAA, SMAA,TXAA,MSAA.. etc

MSAA, FXAA are the only two I know that are confirmed. It's unlikely we'll have SMAA unless you use an SMAA injector.. TXAA was planned, but I think it was canceled..

FXAA quality has improved a lot over the years, to the point where it gets rid of 95% of the aliasing, with practically no performance hit and undetectable blur unless you're doing screenshot comparisons. The first time I used FXAA years ago, the blur was terrible. But apparently NVidia has been improving the algorithm and implementation to where it's just as good as SMAA..

Last edited:
well i will upgrade my gtx 780.

new rig
Mother Asus Maximus Formula V
cpu: I7 3770K@4.6 Watercooled
MEM: DDR3 Tridentx Gskill 16 gb (4x4)@ 2400
GPU: gtx970 zotac extreme edition @1500
HD: 3x120 Crucial BX100 RAID0
NXXT SWITCH
Corsair AX1200

aiming for super ultra settings on 1080P

The good thing about the GTX 970 is that it's super overclockable. At 1.5ghz and 8ghz memory, it's about as fast as a stock GTX 980. And many of the aftermarket models with good coolers can hit those speeds, or come close to it..

Usually system requirements release is month before the game release. Will the real minimum requirements(with optimization and other things) will be released soon?
Because as far as i know very often that requirements are overpriced. Did anyone got the chance to check it?

Hi wowzersam.

In the News sub-forum, there's a thread about PC System Requirements (which a moderator will probably merge this thread with, in a bit).

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32979-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-PC-System-Requirements-are-here!

As for ultra requirements, there's this post from around a month and a half ago, from GameStar magazine that had some time with the game and pushed the setting to Ultra, and said it reached that nice 1080p60fps. The hardware they specify there is:

Intel i7-4790
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 980

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rticles-2015?p=1570621&viewfull=1#post1570621

Since it's a month and a half ago since the post (it may have been longer since they actually played), it's possible that the game was optimized more. From the recent events where YouTubers were invited to CDPR to play, seems that everything had a 980 as well.

Beyond that I can't help you, and it's up to the tech experts.

If you have not bought the PC yet, i would suggest you waiting till first reviews get published (~12th of May) and then decide what gear to buy. Anyway, for gaming purposes, you never go wrong with 970+i5-4690k/70k combo.

Hey guys, I'm planning on building a PC just to play the Witcher 3 on ultra. What parts would I need, and how much would I have to spend? (My budget is around $1000 at the moment). I'm not too learned when it comes to computer parts, so thanks for the help in advance :)

A 1000$ to get W3 on Ultra is practically impossible I'd guess. I'd say atleast a gtx970, takes around 300 to 350$ of your budget already, leaves you with say 650$ for CPU, HDD, SSD, Motherboard, Case, PSU, Windows-licence

Assuming you'll go Intel on the CPU, that makes another ~250 to 300$ on the CPU-side, which leads to about 400 to 350$ left for everything else... And you really do wan't to have the system running off an SSD, believe me there.

PSU: ~80$ 700watts
HDD: ~80$ 2TB
SSD: ~50$ 128GB system only / 80 - 90$ if you want to run the game off of it aswell: 256GB
Case: Would go with a Big-Tower and enough system-fans to get the case cooled when using a non-reference cooler GPU to get the heat out: 60 to 120$
CPU-Cooler: the i7-4790 produces alot of heat => 60 to 80$ air-cooler for that
Windows-License: 90$
RAM: ~70$ 8GB / ~120$ 16GB

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm planning on building a PC just to play the Witcher 3 on ultra. What parts would I need, and how much would I have to spend? (My budget is around $1000 at the moment). I'm not too learned when it comes to computer parts, so thanks for the help in advance :)
Hello, we know so far that a i7 4790k and a 980 can do Ultra on 60 Fps,

I recomend you to wait till the games comes out to see the benchmarks, if not, I say to go for a 970 and a I5 4690k, 8Gb or more of Ram (1080p) Should do fine above 45-50 Fps, and more if you are into Overclocking.

And as you see above me, 970 and i5 4690/70 is the best Combo for the lowest price

this is something I made for you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/t6GXBm

The Ram and HDD are of course not even close a good one, but as you can see, it is over 1.000

Last edited:

I recomend you to wait till the games comes out to see the benchmarks, if not, I say to go for a 970 and a I5 4690k, 8Gb or more of Ram (1080p) Should do fine above 45-50 Fps, and more if you are into Overclocking.

And as you see above me, 970 and i5 4690/70 is the best Combo for the lowest price

The Ram and HDD are of course not even close a good one, but as you can see, it is over 1.000

The PSU is a bit overkill, no?

I wonder if my case has enough fans. Under full load my graphics card stays at 74 or below sometimes.
Should I install another fan below the graphics card in my case?

When idle in Windows, it's 32c.

Last edited:

Guest 3790055

While some Unigine Heaven is running I'm at 65°C with the same card.
I don't have any fans below the card, just 2 on the top of the case, one behind to extract CPU heat, and 2 on the front for air income. All at low speed, and make then go faster or even turn them off is only a variation of couple of degrees, if any.

I think it is more about the case form factor, but 74° is acceptable.

Hi Folks !

Aiming for ultra settings, here are my specs :
I7 3820 @ 3.60GHz
MSI GTX 980 4g Gaming
8GB RAM
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I hope hairworks will run without major fps drops...

Hello everyone.
Here are my specs:
GeForce GTX 660
Inter(R) Core™ i7 CPU 950 @ 3.06GHz
12.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
My questions is whether the CPU is good enough to run the game. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A 1000$ to get W3 on Ultra is practically impossible I'd guess. I'd say atleast a gtx970, takes around 300 to 350$ of your budget already, leaves you with say 650$ for CPU, HDD, SSD, Motherboard, Case, PSU, Windows-licence

Assuming you'll go Intel on the CPU, that makes another ~250 to 300$ on the CPU-side, which leads to about 400 to 350$ left for everything else... And you really do wan't to have the system running off an SSD, believe me there.

PSU: ~80$ 700watts
HDD: ~80$ 2TB
SSD: ~50$ 128GB system only / 80 - 90$ if you want to run the game off of it aswell: 256GB
Case: Would go with a Big-Tower and enough system-fans to get the case cooled when using a non-reference cooler GPU to get the heat out: 60 to 120$
CPU-Cooler: the i7-4790 produces alot of heat => 60 to 80$ air-cooler for that
Windows-License: 90$
RAM: ~70$ 8GB / ~120$ 16GB

Thanks for the info! How much would a 1 TB HDD cost in comparison to an SSD?

Thanks for that. I suspected it would cost more than $1000 to build a PC that can run this game, but I might be able to afford a little more than that. Another question: will the parts decrease in price as time goes bye, so I can buy them/the game in like 6 months instead for less cost?

I am looking for new card to run both Witcher 3 and work stuff that i do with 3dMax and After Effects.
I am split between Geforce 970 and Quadro 2200.
Work is more important so my question is will i be able to run the game on descent settings?
I have old i7 with 6 gigs of ram and SSD

Last edited:
Top Bottom