The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
For my part i will try the game with my gefore gtx 780 3 gig and hope for stable high resolution and perhaps try ultra if i have 30 more fps . Participate on the contest for the rig and perhaps a onr life chance p if not i change my GPU at the end of the next year september 2016 and there take a gpu for 600 euro ( save money now for it ). Before you ask all other piece of my rig are : corsair platinum 850 watt , 16 giga of ddr 21000 , asus maximus 6 motherboard and a 4770 i7, intell 250 ssd and a 4 terra harddisk so all other piece don't need to be upgrade

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, even though it was depressing :(

My power supply is 750 watt.
Sadly, my GPU was a very recent addition so I doubt I will be upgrading real soon.
Witcher 3 was not considered at all when I got the card, as I never found out about it until a little while after.

I just hope it will at least run, even if it looks shitty.
You could always play the first 2 witcher games and once you have the money to upgrade your PC then play The Witcher 3. :)

Thanks for your reply, even though it was depressing :(

My power supply is 750 watt.
Sadly, my GPU was a very recent addition so I doubt I will be upgrading real soon.
Witcher 3 was not considered at all when I got the card, as I never found out about it until a little while after.

I just hope it will at least run, even if it looks shitty.

The 2GB GT 740 probably even has DDR3 ram only, instead of GDDR5 - i.e. super slow memory bandwidth. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

The 2GB GT 740 probably even has DDR3 ram only, instead of GDDR5 - i.e. super slow memory bandwidth. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.
If you mean GDDR3 then nope, it has GDDR5. Nope. You're right. It's DDR3. :whatthe:

The problem is that since it's a low end card with a 128bit bus I doubt it can even properly use the 2GB frame buffer.

Reminds me of this:

When shopping for GPU, it's important to know where the price/performance sweet spot lies.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just looking for a quick piece of advice. Been looking to upgrade my graphics card in time for the Witcher, currently have the minimum gtx 660 and was eyeballing the 970/980, especially given Nvidia's current promotion of the witcher and now batman bundled alongside the 9 series cards. The idea would be to play at 1080p for the meantime with potential to maybe go 1440p later this year. Promotion aside though would I be better off waiting for the 980ti to be released; the promotion iirc ends may 30th which given the rumours circulation about the 980ti i've seen might fall in line with it being released so obviously some potential trade-off. Unfortunately I won't be able to play the witcher till at least after the first week of June due to this whole finishing University thing so if the 980ti does come out by then I don't have the issue of waiting. As an aside I'm studying architecture and do freelance rendering using my setup so that's why I was potentially waiting out for a larger RAM card to justify spending more money :p totally not so I can enjoy Roach's hair in full hairworks glory....

Other specs are:
PSU: 650W
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
CPU: i5-4670 3.4Ghz (not the k chip as I was an idiot when I first built this)

Cheers in advance for any advice :hatsoff:

Hey guys, I was wondering what settings I could play on with the following specifications now that I have upgraded my PC a little:

-R9 280x
-AMD XII Phenom 955 (Quad Core at 3.2 ghz)
- 8 GB Ram
- 1440x900 (900p)

Also note that I am willing to play on 30 FPS for better graphics,.

Going to repost this, got lost in the wave of posts I guess xD

Hey guys. Half year ago I have upgraded my PC to i5 4690K (running now on 4.4GHz) and GTX 970 4GB (I managed to OC it up to 1600MHz in boost with 8384MHz memory) and now I'm wondering if such build will be able to deliver at least the same experience as PC's that were running smoothly W3 on ultra. According to 3Dmark Fire Strike tests my GPU scores quite alot more points than averange GTX 980 (14283points) and if it comes to CPU it is slighty worse than boosted i7 4790 on which W3 was running. I dont know how architectural differences in GPUs (980 vs 970 oced) works and I'm not sure if I can expect similar experience with my GPU as seen on lastest gameplays with gtx980. Ofc I'll be satisfied with only being able to get my hands on W3, no matter if the graphics will be ultra or not. I'm asking my question becouse I'm simply curious :p

Last edited:
GTX 970 4GB (I managed to OC it up to 1600MHz in boost with 8384MHz memory)

You're quite lucky. If it will also run TW3 with these clocks is not absolutely sure, though. ;)
Yup. I also suspect those clocks aren't 100% stable.

@kraku722 have you tried running Crysis 3 for a few hours or something? No other games I have stress my GPUs as much as Cryengine games.

Nah I wasn't testing it on Crysis. Just TW2 with Ubersampling and maxed out GTA V (20-60FPS range) for few hours in a row and it was pretty stable. Also my fans are set on quite high % and temperatures never go above 60'C even after 3-4 hours of playing. I did+87mV +220MHz clock and +688MHz memory to get this results, with higher settings everything crashes after few minutes of stresstests )aida64, 3dmark and while playing). Gonna think about Crysis if you recomend it

You can even do 2.1 ghz stable on a 980.. at least somefolks did to beat firestrike scores.. check 3dmark hall of fame
btw i can easily clock my gigabyte 980 on 1550 without touching voltage so 1600 sounds total realistic for playing games on a 970

I've got:
i5-4690k @3.5 turbo 3.9
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
8GB RAM DDR3 1600 CL9
MSI-Z97-G43

I hope I will be able to play on high/ultra at 1680x1080 at 60fps without it going down :D
Anyone can say something about it? :D

Top Bottom