The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
I simply pulled up both at ARK Intel on adjacent tabs & I would say the 4570 coz it's newer, uses less power & features 22nm architecture. However, on that latter point, you may want to consider your cooling as the 4570 needs to run cooler yet it's more compact architecture may generate more heat under stress. Also, you get the DDR3L going to 1600. I started on these forums due to my i3-4130 not meeting min spec requirements, but it can handle Crysis 3 on high settings so I'm just gonna see what happens with W3 before committing to an upgrade. So with either one, you'll be in a better starting position than me. :)

I simply pulled up both at ARK Intel on adjacent tabs & I would say the 4570 coz it's newer, uses less power & features 22nm architecture. However, on that latter point, you may want to consider your cooling as the 4570 needs to run cooler yet it's more compact architecture may generate more heat under stress. Also, you get the DDR3L going to 1600.
Thanks for the insight. However, the former build still tempts me more, especially because of more RAM. However, the thing that worries me most about the 2500K is its performance in 3 or 4 years as I really don't want to upgrade the CPU in the near future.

I think you're right on the entire PC choice. I hadn't checked your links before. The 2500K PC has a better Mobo with room for more RAM cards and GPU's. From here in the UK they both look like V good value for money. Good luck with your choice. :)

thanks guys! you really helped me. cant wait to see the difference from the pc I am currently using ( it has a pentium G3258 at stock)

I don't think the Sandy Bridge could beat an overclocked G3258. Stock clock, maybe. But you can overclock a G3258 to 4.0-4.4 GHz without even trying. Frankly, I don't like either as a long-term solution.

The model with the Sandy Bridge (2500K) has an H67 motherboard. There is no upgrade path for this motherboard; it won't even take Ivy Bridge CPUs. It is a poor motherboard for overclocking.

The model with the Haswell (4570S) is better. You can always upgrade RAM inexpensively and easily, so the 4GB is not a strong negative. The CPU is much faster, though you can't (and wouldn't want to) overclock it. But even though an H81 is also a no upgrade path solution, I still like this one more.

I've been itching to preorder the game but the thing thats holding me back are my pc specification. What settings will the witcher 3 run with my current rig?
16gm RAM
Windows 8
i5 3570k oc'd to 4.5
asus gtx 670 2gb

Am I able to hit medium settings?

Last edited:
Hey guys, can anyone answer his question? My system is basically the same and I too am wondering if I'll be able to play the game at all. :/

I am so worried that I won't be able to play The Witcher 3...My PC:
i5-2500k, 8GB RAM, and my main concern - HD7850. My resolution is 1080p.
So, basically, lower than minimun requirements. I think my CPU will be fine, it is WAY better than Phenom II X4 940 and beat FX-8350 in most games. But my GPU...and I can't overclock it, it is unstable even with small OC.
But I believe in CD Projekt and hoping to play on lowest graphics with 40 fps or so...r-r-right?

I've been itching to preorder the game but the thing thats holding me back are my pc specification. What settings will the witcher 3 run with my current rig?
16gm RAM
Windows 8
i5 3570k oc'd to 4.5
asus gtx 670 2gb

Am I able to hit medium settings?
I think you rig can handle with high settings with 30 fps.

I would be surprised if you couldn't. With a 670, you're between minimum and recommended, and that's a fast CPU. (Nice overclock.)

---------- Updated at 03:30 PM ----------

I am so worried that I won't be able to play The Witcher 3...My PC:
i5-2500k, 8GB RAM, and my main concern - HD7850. My resolution is 1080p.
So, basically, lower than minimun requirements. I think my CPU will be fine, it is WAY better than Phenom II X4 940 and beat FX-8350 in most games. But my GPU...and I can't overclock it, it is unstable even with small OC.
But I believe in CD Projekt and hoping to play on lowest graphics with 40 fps or so...r-r-right?

7850 is 80% of the specified minimum 7870. (literally, a 7870 with 20% sliced away). So you're sub-minimum on the most likely limiting resource. But I think the minimums are generous, so that minimum specs will play the game well, and strong sub-minimum systems like yours will play well with some compromises.

Am I the only one kind of confused by the minimum requirements? In regard to the CPU, why is the AMD 940 listed as the minimum, while in intel equivalent appears to be an i5-2500k? I thought the i5 was vastly better?

Am I the only one kind of confused by the minimum requirements? In regard to the CPU, why is the AMD 940 listed as the minimum, while in intel equivalent appears to be an i5-2500k? I thought the i5 was vastly better?

In compute capability, Core i5 Sandy Bridge and up blows the magic smoke off anything AMD. But in a system that is not CPU-bound, the ability to manage memory and respond to events may be more important. And there is less difference between Phenom II and Intel C2Q and later in that respect.

7850 is 80% of the specified minimum 7870. (literally, a 7870 with 20% sliced away). So you're sub-minimum on the most likely limiting resource. But I think the minimums are generous, so that minimum specs will play the game well, and strong sub-minimum systems like yours will play well with some compromises.
Thanks for the reply!

Nobody knows yet ctpunderpants. We don't know your res but my guess would be that you'll be able to run it on high settings. However, if you're a FPS junkie who insists on more FPS than your eyes can reasonably detect, then maybe only medium. Also, if you're gonna speed through very rich scenery, then again, it may be medium. Me, I'm intending to take it slow and enjoy the scenery. :)

---------- Updated at 10:59 AM ----------

Youz guyz make me smile. :) I'm gonna do battle with W3 with just a puny i3-4130 CPU and I'm lookin forward to it! Coz I've been V impressed with my little CPU so far. It plays Crysis 3 on high settings! So I say, bring it on W3 specs, I accept your challenge and stand defiant! :)

So if I have an R7 265, which is a slightly faster HD7850 (in some benchmarks it's faster than 270 and definitely faster or on par with 660) and it can overclock really well, and I'm willing to drop down resolution all the way to 720p, theoretically I should be able to play on medium to high settings? My other specs are almost on the recommended side of things. If the answer is yes just say popcorn.

Last edited:

Hi guys and thank you all for help. Anyway, I have found yet another interesting pc, so what do you think about it? http://pc.bazos.sk/inzerat/49570432/PC-Core-i5-3550-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-VGA-2GB.php
Without the gpu it would cost me 290€.

PS: It is me, qayz, but due to the merge I somehow ended up with to accounts.

Now I found out that the PSU is just 350W what is too damn few, so I would have to upgrade it, what would cost me additional 40€

Last edited:
Top Bottom