The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Pre-order poll

+

• Standard Edition

Votes: 88 27.3%
  • Collector's Edition

Votes: 147 45.7%
  • Some other Edition (Limited/Special Edition)

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Digital

Votes: 141 43.8%
  • Physical Disk

Votes: 78 24.2%
  • PC

Votes: 199 61.8%
  • XB1

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • PS4

Votes: 28 8.7%

• Total voters

Greetings! I am new here, so my very first post will be a poll concerning pre-orders and editions people are most interested in.

After browsing the forum for the past week or so (prior to actually signing up) i can tell this is not an overly friendly place to be nor are the moderators all that nice here. So with that in mind, i will keep this as succinct and to the point as possible.

How do you plan to purchase The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt?

Standard Edition - Basic edition with just the game and whatever it comes with.

Collector's Edition - With the Geralt of Rivia statue fighting the Griffin.

Some other Edition - Some other Edition that is better than the Standard but not as big as the Collectors. "Limited" Edition?

Digital - Steam/GOG.com

Physical disk - Be it console or PC copy where you obtain a physical disk to install the game from.

PC - PC Master Ra.... just kidding.

XB1 - Xbox One.

PS4 - Playstation 4.

EDIT - I made the poll multiple choice because a website i know and use all the time is trialing a system whereby you can purchase a game and get a digital code by email, and be mailed the disk so you can get the game almost instantly, but still eventually end up with the disk as well.

Last edited:
I'm glad you can choose more than one option in the poll.

I've got the CE preordered, but I plan on getting the digital GoG version, and the Steam version at some point before release.

And all on PC. :)

Additionally, since you don't know what GoG is, it's Good Old Games, and is a sister company to CDPR, and purchasing games directly from there is the best way to support CDPR.

Edit, here is a quote about GoG that one of our forum members, .Volsung., made recently:

GOG.com (formerly Good Old Games) is not only legit, it is a sister company of CD Projekt RED, the developers of The Witcher saga. Buying from them means your money reaches CD Projekt RED too.

Statistics show GOG.com is currently second only to Steam in digital distribution. And their firm stance on DRM means they impose no restrictions on the games you purchase, i.e. no activation, no CD keys, no restrictions, nothing.

Last edited:
I'm glad you can choose more than one option in the poll.

I've got the CE preordered, but I plan on getting the digital GoG version, and the Steam version at some point before release.

And all on PC. :)

Additionally, since you don't know what GoG is, it's Good Old Games, and is owned by CDPR, and purchasing games directly from there is the best way to support them.

I purchased the PS3 edition of Tomb Raider because it broke street date and my PC Collector's Edition had not even shipped. Later this year, i purchased the PS4 Remaster Edition. That is 3 different platforms. And i dont doubt some people will actually buy this game on multiple platforms either for themselves or their partner/friends/boyfriends.

Yes i just read the bottom of the GOG.com website. COG (C) 2014. Part of CD PROJEKT group. I knew what it stood for, but i was not actually aware CDPR owned it.

I bought the GOG.com PC version! :D

When the CE arrive in Brazil, and If I have money (as it will probably cost around US$ 250,00) I will buy it :D

I wish i could afford more than one copy but at $200 AUD plus around $2500 AUD for other games for the next year... i just cant.

PS4 Physical Collector`s Edition pre-ordered, but if I someday get better gaming pc I might buy the game again from Steam/GOG to it.

CE for Xbox One and the digital Version from GOG ;) But I'm sure someday the steam and standard retail Versions for PC will follow

It made sense for me. The cheapest delivery option for CE will take around 3 weeks to one month. Buying a second copy on GOG is cheaper than paying for fast shipping. So yes, two copies.

So who voted for "Some Other Edition"? I guess I'll be effectively doing that, because I'll be giving away the disks from the CE, so I'll have CE minus the actual game. :)

Last edited:
Just recently, I convinced a friend to play The Witcher 2. He finished it and said he loved it! He has already pre-ordered The Collectors Edition of TW3 on PC. He is also replaying TW2 and going the different way than last time.

I bought 2 collector Editions for PC. I may give one away on this site when the time is right. That is if it is ok with the Admin/Mods.
I also bought the Steam PC and GOG PC

I will likely buy a couple other copies for my console only playing friends/families. Both my brothers are huge Console gamers. Although, My older brother just built his first true gaming rig. The first thing I did was gift him The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said he rally likes what he has played so far on W1.

It made sense for me. The cheapest delivery option for CE will take around 3 weeks to one month. Buying a second copy on GOG is cheaper than paying for fast shipping. So yes, two copies.

So who voted for "Some Other Edition"? I guess I'll be effectively doing that, because I'll be giving away the disks from the CE, so I'll have CE minus the actual game. :)

Are you gonna give them away to somebody on this site or????? If so I may give away a 2nd PC CE on this site. Maybe we could join up and do a raffle/contest or some such for charity. What do you think? First Prize is the PC CE, 2nd is a Gog copy and 3rd is the physical discs...........just a thought let me know

Top Bottom