The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - VGX Trailer

+
JackBauer24 said:
Who is that? Sorry, I'm relatively new here

I'm a community manager here at cdpred:)

emperorzorn said:
Of course it seems a bit out of place. I mean, it's from another world.

But I actually liked that they gave the Wild Hunt a ship resembling Naglfar from northern mythology,
especially now that the Skellige islands are a part of TW3.

The Witcher is a patchwork of myths and fairytales put together with love and skill.

And the people only perceive this ship as a ship of the dead.
For the Aen Elle it's probably just a normal battleship..

I wrote that, based on impression from low quality video, where it seemed cheap. In HD it looks way better! It's obvious, that the ship is supposed to look like from another world, becouse it actually is from another world.

About combat – it was always great at Witcher games, even if it was different in both of them. At 3th one I expect different combat system again and same as before – great one to play ;)

Anyway, I am still missing POLISH VOICES version of new trailer!

michelangelo said:
Anyway, I am still missing POLISH VOICES version of new trailer!
I thought Marcin linked you to it.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By701w8Y-2k[/media]

sidspyker said:
I like what they've done with the lighting and the changes you see on Geralt's model.

Yeah, didn't really notice before, but now that they are side by side it's glaringly obvious. But still, what happened to his eyes?!

michelangelo said:
Really? I missed that! THANKS – to both of you, I guess

No worries. I'm more puzzled by the fact that your name is michelangelo and you have Leonardo in your avatar;P

Kinl3y said:
Yeah, didn't really notice before, but now that they are side by side it's glaringly obvious. But still, what happened to his eyes?!
Maybe an oversight, it's not like the eyes are properly visible from the side anyway and we can only see a very small black portion.

EDIT: Besides, we have MM360 here looming over our heads, he'll tell the reds if it's actually an issue or just in this scene.

I don't have a cat (dogs > cats :p), but aren't their pupils slit just during daytime/bright lighting while they are round during nighttime/low lighting?

MM360 said:
No worries. I'm more puzzled by the fact that your name is michelangelo and you have Leonardo in your avatar ;P

Its picture of the best created figure of Ninja Turtles, that I've seen so far. Sadly there was done only Leo. Anyway, when I was small, I was always Michelangelo and Michelangelo is not only my most favourite one from ninja turtles, but also from classic artists ,)

MM360 said:
[/size]

It's not going to be one hit, one kill - don't worry:) Please note that the sequence shown in the trailer gives us a glimpse at a fight that's already ongoing. Geralt happens to be finishing off the first enemy but you don't see him killing the second one with one blow. Same goes for the fight shown shortly after that.

There's still time to put emphasis on the story in our promo materials, so just be patient:)

If I may ask, why was the choice made to have two fairly short trailers offering sporadic glimpses? Is it a decision made based on the state of the game, or is there a tactic to show content at a slower pace than with TW2? I am not complaining, but I am curious as to the reason behind it.

Dr4g0nfir3 said:
I don't have a cat (dogs > cats
), but aren't their pupils slit just during daytime/bright lighting while they are round during nighttime/low lighting?

But he's looking at a huge fire.

501105 said:
If I may ask, why was the choice made to have two fairly short trailers offering sporadic glimpses? Is it a decision made based on the state of the game, or is there a tactic to show content at a slower pace than with TW2? I am not complaining, but I am curious as to the reason behind it.

I think it's a great way to leave people wanting more. You see the trailer and you know that there's much more from where it came from but at the same time you have to ask yourself, do I need to see everything right away? The biggest problem I have with marketing today is that it shows way too much. Look at the movie trailers for example - usually prior to the film hitting cinemas, we get like 3-4 (sometimes even more) trailers, so almost everything is out there if you look for it. I really enjoy our approach to this topic and consider it appropriate. Regardless, next year we are preparing some real bombs as far as the video materials go, so stay tuned:)

Greetings,

The Witcher Wild hunt most likely will be the most enjoyable game ever in video game history!...

Top Bottom