The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - VGX Trailer

+
MM360 said:
I think it's a great way to leave people wanting more. You see the trailer and you know that there's much more from where it came from but at the same time you have to ask yourself, do I need to see everything right away? The biggest problem I have with marketing today is that it shows way too much. Look at the movie trailers for example - usually prior to the film hitting cinemas, we get like 3-4 (sometimes even more) trailers, so almost everything is out there if you look for it. I really enjoy our approach to this topic and consider it appropriate. Regardless, next year we are preparing some real bombs as far as the video materials go, so stay tuned:)

Waiting impatiently for your video materials :)

Take your time guys .... Make Witcher 3 the best version you want it to be :)

MM360 said:
I think it's a great way to leave people wanting more. You see the trailer and you know that there's much more from where it came from but at the same time you have to ask yourself, do I need to see everything right away? The biggest problem I have with marketing today is that it shows way too much. Look at the movie trailers for example - usually prior to the film hitting cinemas, we get like 3-4 (sometimes even more) trailers, so almost everything is out there if you look for it. I really enjoy our approach to this topic and consider it appropriate. Regardless, next year we are preparing some real bombs as far as the video materials go, so stay tuned:)

Thank you for the quick reply and I agree on that most companies shows too much/too early in general, most games would have had 2 to 3 full blown trailers by now. That said, it does make the wait until seeing just what the game has to offer all the more difficult but that is the goal I suppose. Anyway, looking forward to it, now to hope for a TW3 Christmas card.

MM360 said:

Love to hear that. Funny, that we had a disscussion about your strategy at marketing lesson yesterday with some guys and we pointed out especially movie trailers too. I am looking forward for example to the new Hobit, but I've seen already so much from it, that I thik I will not really see anything unexpected in the cinema. The same goes with Thor, amazing spiderman and so on. But the question is, what will pull up more customers. It is too complicated topic to discuss it here.
Let's be patient and wait until next year. I feel, all our desires are going to be satisfied. You just made my day way better with that last sentence, man.)

sandisrd said:
Wish you guys use Tressfx feature for Geralt's hair, that would look even more incredible for he's stunning appearance.

Thought about that too. Awesome fur - done. Awesome hair - will be done. I hope. But I'm not sure if tresfx is the right decision.

sidspyker said:
and kill all the performance

In all the graphics glory of TW, Geralt's hair only will look more realistic, instead of plastic, and to be honest it won't do a big impact on performance, I've tested this on new Tomb Raider, doesn't change a thing, still the same performance, and you always have a option to turn it off, so...

sandisrd said:
In all the graphics glory of TW, Geralt's hair only will look more realistic, instead of plastic, and to be honest it won't do a big impact on performance, I've tested this on new Tomb Raider, doesn't change a thing, still the same performance, and you always have a option to turn it off, so...
Well it did make quite a difference everywhere I've heard.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen it mentioned that they'll be using the APEX module for both fur as well as hair.

gregski said:
Next year you mean January 1st?

Maybe a little later than that;)

sidspyker said:
Well it did make quite a difference everywhere I've heard.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen it mentioned that they'll be using the APEX module for both fur as well as hair.

Well regardless of hair physics, TW still will look incredible...

dragonbird said:
Be reasonable, that's during the holiday period. Surely we can wait until 6 January?

January 3rd is about as far as I can go. January 3rd and a quarter if I must...

sidspyker said:
and kill all the performance

Not really, it's also an option that can be enabled/disabled. Or maybe CDPR are in league with NVidia? :)

Anyways, I would really like for Geralt to have proper hair, not just the swinging tail, but the rest should also look the part as well.

Top Bottom