The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - VGX Trailer

+
Kinl3y said:
What about the eyeeeees?!

Noticed the eye color changed too, isn't it darker?
Geralt doesn't look very Geralt-ish.

sidspyker said:
The facial hair looks 'okay' but the hair on his head? It looks really horrible (IMO obviously).
Looks okay to me. It's a bit better in the live gameplay than on the screenshots. Anyway, hair is supposedly one of the hardest things to have it looking good in video games.

sidspyker said:
Geralt doesn't look very Geralt-ish.
He needs his cat-eyes back. :S

Jobbert said:
Looks okay to me. It's a bit better in the live gameplay than on the screenshots. Anyway, hair is supposedly one of the hardest things to have it looking good in video games.
It is, but idk seems really off...I guess it could just use some more polygons, more 'strands' of hair.

Pretty sure APEX has some hair module...or a module that works for hair as well.

sidspyker said:
Elaborate?

The eyes sure, but what other thing?

Well he replied to my post, which was about the eyes, so I'm guessing that is what it's about.

MM360 said:
Hair is another thing we are working on. They will be whiter in the future - don't worry:)

And what about the eyes? Is it just just an oversight? (understandable if it is) If not, why the change? Is there indeed pupillary response implemented in the game?

EDIT:
Dangit! Lost him again...

Agent_Blue

Kinl3y said:
What about the eyeeeees?!

Noticed the eye color changed too, isn't it darker?

Can I just add one last bit about the eyes? Is it just me or the perspective is off? It's as though Geralt is slightly cockeyed. Might have something to do with the way eyes are just painted in.

Kinl3y said:
Hair is another thing we are working on. They will be whiter in the future - don't worry:)

Thanks for the tip. Keep them coming.

Video was great can't wait for it. Meanwhile, I shall replay The Witcher enhanced Than The Witcher 2 enhanced and finally when it is ready I shall bump some coins for Part III. Hooah!!! :)/>

MM360 said:

Good news. I don't want the artists to sacrifice their vision, but if they can truly make him the white wolf, I look forward to it.

I'm guessing they are still working on his eyes, just like his hair. In the books and the previous games there have been a lot of comments about Geralt's eyes (I mean in fiction, not here on the forums) so it would be strange if they changed his eyes to a normal persons iris an not a cat shaped one.

Top Bottom