The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - VGX Trailer

+
Great trailer CDPR! The color and graphic design really blew me away. that golden colors of the farmland was simply gorgeous, really shows that your world wont be monochrome at all. not to mention those mind-blowing physics like the petals blowing in the wind and the music of the trailer was simply awe inspiring. really put to rest my my whinny nitpicking that the music tried too hard to sound epic instead of giving us some natural, more organic music.

I do however still have some nitpickings and concerns that i'd like to share.

first of all, IT WAS JUST TOO SHORT! ;_; i was hoping for a bit longer trailer or atleast a small cameo from a certain witcheress/sorceresss/princess babe

also,when the trailer was shown some one had noticed that the npc's around town didnt react at all when geralt was fighting in the city. that is a bit worrying because it reminds me alot to those immersion breaking moments in skyrim.

another thing is that the plot, atleast on the surface, feels a bit generic. With who, i guess is Eredin, going all:"MWA HA HA HA, YOU CANNOT DEFY OUR CALL OF DUTY STEEL!!!!!" but i know that my worries are misfounded.and that you will delve deeper into the more personal and emotional parts of geralt's story.

in anycase im loving what you are doing and cant wait for the game to come out!

emperorzorn said:
[

And there is something else that is bothering me from the trailer:
Instead of spectral riders, the Wild Hunt seems to be physically present in the VGX trailer.
Which in essence means... they probably have Ciri.
Or else they couldn't travel between both worlds, right ?

Indirect Ciri confirmation ?

`

Always had a crazy theory, that that was the case

Anyway im going to one up myself and give the absurd prediction that they are going for a darth vader sort of twist and actually the guy in the armor is actually a brainwashed ciri and its just that the armor is a magical sort of armor that makes her look huge and gives her a manly voice :p

emperorzorn said:
Guys, this keeps bothering me:

In the VGX trailer, the Wild Hunt is physically present in Geralt's world.
Usually they could only manifest themself as spectral riders.

How did they cross between the two worlds ?
Don't tell me they have Ciri...
They can travel between worlds, they just can't do mass travel.

As for the armour comments, they're supposed to instill fear, trick people into thinking the Wild Hunt is something supernatural. I think the armour desing fits that idea rather well.

magnoos said:
What happened to cyberpunk. Any news?
It's in development. I assume they'll release some more news for both TW3 and CP2077 early next year. The same way they did this year.

thank you so much for the hd link! now is it possible to get the previous 2 as well? :D

Now waiting for the music of the trailer :p

And there's a thread for download links for uncompressed full hd of the other trailers too. All you need is look.

another thing is that the plot, atleast on the surface, feels a bit generic. With who, i guess is Eredin, going all:"MWA HA HA HA, YOU CANNOT DEFY OUR CALL OF DUTY STEEL!!!!!

But that's completely intentional on his part. Wild Hunt is believed by commonfolk to be some kind of demons and evil spirits, so they using demonic like armors and stereotypical speech patterns to evoke this image and hide what they really are. Theatricality and deception.

The only thing that is ugly about this trailer is the blood spatter. It's not a problem unique to CDPR, however; it seems every single last-gen and current-gen game has the same problem; some sort of super-glinty blob of blood that just materializes upon impact and then disappears magically. I don't know why it bothers me so much - maybe it's because you'd think graphic designers nowadays could do so much better. I shouldn't let it distract me, but I can't help it.

That being said, I am unhealthily excited and anxious. Hypegasms. />

wojto16 said:
But that's completely intentional on his part. Wild Hunt is believed by commonfolk to be some kind of demons and evil spirits, so they using demonic like armors and stereotypical speech patterns to evoke this image and hide what they really are. Theatricality and deception.

Yeah probably, hope then that CDPR does a good decontruction of that trope.

emperorzorn said:
And there is something else that is bothering me from the trailer:
Instead of spectral riders, the Wild Hunt seems to be physically present in the VGX trailer.
Which in essence means... they probably have Ciri.
Or else they couldn't travel between both worlds, right ?

Indirect Ciri confirmation ?

:p/>

Maybe that is the way, how Geralt escaped the Wild hunt. Ciri saved him and Yenefer, but they caught her.??

Thanks for HD version, it is awesome. I love every second of it. The world is gorgeous, Geralt's armor and weapons are great, Novigrad is epic, the swamp brings Gothic nostalgic tears to my eyes, and we'll get GRIFFINS!!! I am too old already to build a shrine to CDPR, but 20 years ago it would have been what I would have done.

vivaxardas said:
Thanks for HD version, it is awesome. I love every second of it. The world is gorgeous, Geralt's armor and weapons are great, Novigrad is epic, the swamp brings Gothic nostalgic tears to my eyes, and we'll get GRIFFINS!!! I am too old already to build a shrine to CDPR, but 20 years ago it would have been what I would have done.

Please dont tell me you made the sleeper shrine 10 years ago...

Since nobody seems to have noticed, let me reiterate:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9MPNcF30r5xR1JNRjdYcHdyQ00/edit?usp=sharing

440 megabyte .mov file.

Kodaemon said:
Since nobody seems to have noticed, let me reiterate:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9MPNcF30r5xR1JNRjdYcHdyQ00/edit?usp=sharing

440 megabyte .mov file.

Thanks, DLing nao.

Alextyc1 said:
Please dont tell me you made the sleeper shrine 10 years ago...

Just a small one, on my desk. But I am still wearing the sleeper amulet from the Gothic 3 collector's edition. If there is a witcher amulet in collector's edition of TW3, I'll have a real hard choice. :)

vivaxardas said:
Just a small one, on my desk. But I am still wearing the sleeper amulet from the Gothic 3 collector's edition. If there is a witcher amulet in collector's edition of TW3, I'll have a real hard choice.

Why not both? :)

Top Bottom