The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Game Show concert now available on YouTube and GOG.com

+
FMF 2016 Video Game: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Brodka

Is there an official release of the following;

FMF 2016 Video Game: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

Thank you.

edit: wish I could have been there.

Last edited:

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Game Show concert now available on YouTube and GOG.com

We're excited to announce the digital release of the Video Game Show — The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concert from the 9th Film Music Festival in Kraków. The video is now available for purchase on YouTube.

The finale of the 9th edition of the Film Music Festival took place at Kraków’s TAURON Arena. The audience had a rare chance to hear orchestral arrangements of music from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, as well as both its expansions — Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. In total, the concert consists of over 2 hours of award-winning music from the final adventure of witcher Geralt of Rivia.

The full concert video can be bought here and on GOG.com. A free preview of the concert is also available. If you bought the video on YouTube you can also download it from GOG.com. Please contact: promo-support@cdprojektred.com - this offer will last two weeks only (till 15.03.2017).

“Seeing 12,000 people listening live to something we worked so many years on with Mikolai Stroinski and Piotr Musiał — it’s magical; a beautiful culmination of the time we spent on scoring Geralt’s adventures,” says The Witcher 3 Music Director, Marcin Przybyłowicz. “With the concert now available through YouTube, gamers, fantasy fans, and music lovers can join us then and there, feel the emotions and excitement of those moments,” Przybyłowicz adds.

Performing on the scene is the AUKSO Chamber Orchestra of the City of Tychy, the Pro Musica Mundi choir, folkmetal band Percival Schuttenbach and soloists — Wioletta Chodowicz (soprano), Rafał Grząka (accordion), Robert Jaworski (hurdy-gurdy, lute, gusle) and Amir Yaghamai (master of Persian folk instruments). The concert was conducted by AUKSO founder and artistic director, Marek Moś. It also features a special arrangement of Lullaby of Woe, known from the trailer A night to remember, sung by alternative artist and winner of several Fryderyk awards — BRODKA.

The Video Game Show — The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concert was held during the 9th edition of Film Music Festival in Kraków and organized by CD PROJEKT RED in cooperation with Kraków Festival Office.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 Concert Region Locked

The Witcher3 Wild Hunt Concert is finally up on the official channel but its it is locked. First I was so happy to see it show up but then I just find its region blocked. This is so painful. CDPR, is it at all possible to unblock it? I can't think of anything else. Got to watch it. Badly.

Burza46;n7804520 said:

We're excited to announce the digital release of the Video Game Show — The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concert from the 9th Film Music Festival in Kraków. The video is now available for purchase on YouTube.

The finale of the 9th edition of the Film Music Festival took place at Kraków’s TAURON Arena. The audience had a rare chance to hear orchestral arrangements of music from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, as well as both its expansions — Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. In total, the concert consists of over 2 hours of award-winning music from the final adventure of witcher Geralt of Rivia.

The full concert video can be bought here. A free preview of the concert is also available.​

“Seeing 12,000 people listening live to something we worked so many years on with Mikolai Stroinski and Piotr Musiał — it’s magical; a beautiful culmination of the time we spent on scoring Geralt’s adventures,” says The Witcher 3 Music Director, Marcin Przybyłowicz. “With the concert now available through YouTube, gamers, fantasy fans, and music lovers can join us then and there, feel the emotions and excitement of those moments,” Przybyłowicz adds.

Performing on the scene is the AUKSO Chamber Orchestra of the City of Tychy, the Pro Musica Mundi choir, folkmetal band Percival Schuttenbach and soloists — Wioletta Chodowicz (soprano), Rafał Grząka (accordion), Robert Jaworski (hurdy-gurdy, lute, gusle) and Amir Yaghamai (master of Persian folk instruments). The concert was conducted by AUKSO founder and artistic director, Marek Moś. It also features a special arrangement of Lullaby of Woe, known from the trailer A night to remember, sung by alternative artist and winner of several Fryderyk awards — BRODKA.

The Video Game Show — The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concert was held during the 9th edition of Film Music Festival in Kraków and organized by CD PROJEKT RED in cooperation with Kraków Festival Office.

Burza46 Marcin_Momot Rafal_Jaki
I'd be glad to pay to watch this, but only for a DRM-free copy of the video. I thought that offering stuff with DRM protection for purchase was completely against CD Projekt's policies? Please reconsider this and find a way to offer this video DRM-free, then I'll gladly buy it.

Last edited:
Echoing the views above - very disturbed to see CDPR and associates using a DRM centred service to sell something that some of us after already paid to see live. The GOG movie section is perfect for this purpose, as domidawi said. I won't be paying for this.

AnklaX;n7810710 said:
The Witcher3 Wild Hunt Concert is finally up on the official channel but its it is locked. First I was so happy to see it show up but then I just find its region blocked. This is so painful. CDPR, is it at all possible to unblock it? I can't think of anything else. Got to watch it. Badly.

The video is available only in the countries where paid content service for YouTube is present. We are looking into options to make this recording available worldwide but I don't have any specifics to share yet.

I would have bought it, but first of all its blocked is most of europe if not all of it (according to reddit, only available in the US) and 2ndly i wouldnt give a dime to youtube to get a cut from this deal.
Bring it drm-free or any downloadable website and i would gladly pay the price to watch it on my t.v with highest quality it offers.

domidawi;n7817030 said:
jerf.674 If anything gog.com movie section would be more than perfect for this. Really weird that it is not present there or at least not yet.

Exactly.

Marcin_Momot;n7817770 said:
The video is available only in the countries where paid content service for YouTube is present. We are looking into options to make this recording available worldwide but I don't have any specifics to share yet.

Marcin_Momot Why can't you offer it through https://www.gog.com/movies ? It's really worrying that CD Projekt started using DRM, especially when you have a great DRM-free service which would be perfect for the publication of this video.

This gives me a deja-vu...

The same thing happened last year with the soundtrack of Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, CDPR had some sort of exclusivity deal with itunes, google music, etc.
For a company calling themselves anti DRM, DRM-Free... this really doesn't look good.

Burza46;n7804520 said:

The full concert video can be bought here. A free preview of the concert is also available.

Will there be a DRM free version of this? You have a DRM free video section on GOG, why are you not using that? And, why is almost all of your content which isn't an actual video game, locked behind DRM?

jerf.674;n7815460 said:
Burza46 Marcin_Momot Rafal_Jaki
I'd be glad to pay to watch this, but only for a DRM-free copy of the video. I thought that offering stuff with DRM protection for purchase was completely against CD Projekt's policies? Please reconsider this and find a way to offer this video DRM-free, then I'll gladly buy it.

Sadly this has not been the case for a while now. CDPR hide behind all sorts of excuses but, the evidence clearly shows they are not as DRM friendly as they like to claim. I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time now.

jerf.674;n7818230 said:
Marcin_Momot Why can't you offer it through https://www.gog.com/movies ? It's really worrying that CD Projekt started using DRM, especially when you have a great DRM-free service which would be perfect for the publication of this video.

Never used paid Youtube. But I agree - if you sell some video, sell it DRM-free. I doubt I'll buy this one though, at least not before I've played the game.

Last edited:
Also really hope CDP will make this available on GOG or at least in more countries. Currently most fans cannot even access it. You guys really should have waited with publishing this glorious recording until you had all the deals necessary sorted out so you could publish it worldwide. Anyway, really looking forward to it, not being there in person is my huge regret.

Paul_cz;n7832000 said:
Also really hope CDP will make this available on GOG or at least in more countries. Currently most fans cannot even access it. You guys really should have waited with publishing this glorious recording until you had all the deals necessary sorted out so you could publish it worldwide. Anyway, really looking forward to it, not being there in person is my huge regret.

Will you buy this if it is not released as DRM free?

I hope this concert will be available on GOG soon enough. Youtube is not a good platform for such content, for it's natural of compressed audio streaming. I really want to enjoy this great concert losslessly on my hifi!

Meh, I didn't mind purchasing this through YouTube. It was $10 ... that's not going to make me or break me, and the video itself is one hour and thirty minutes. Seems like a pretty decent value to me. As for the quality, it purports to be streaming in 4K. Not sure if that's true or not, but it looked fine on my TV.

Top Bottom