The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Game Show concert now available on YouTube and GOG.com

+
Garrison72;n7857420 said:
No I'm expecting them to release content with a fair price and without DRM. Have they forgotten about the whole DRM free business?

Agree about the DRM, but dont expect entire concert in this size to be free to watch. they paid people to record this.

Garrison72;n7857420 said:
No I'm expecting them to release content with a fair price and without DRM. Have they forgotten about the whole DRM free business?

The answer to that, is yes. Yes they have.

ummagoomba;n7870890 said:
The answer to that, is yes. Yes they have.

If that were the case, they would be releasing their games with DRM as well, which they are not. Everything on GoG, including the Witcher series, is still DRM free.

I understand people taking issue with CDPR partnering up with businesses that use copyright protection - e.g. Dark Horse with their comics, or in this case, YouTube - but let's not be hyperbolic and act like they are slapping Denuvo on everything.

Although on GOG they do have a good reason to sell games DRM free, they need some feature to differentiate the store from Steam. And compared to Origin and Uplay, this strategy seems to work, even if it locks out many of the new AAA releases. If GOG sold games with DRM, there would be less reason to use it instead of Steam, which already has the largest market share.

Pug.;n7875410 said:
If that were the case, they would be releasing their games with DRM as well, which they are not. Everything on GoG, including the Witcher series, is still DRM free.

I understand people taking issue with CDPR partnering up with businesses that use copyright protection - e.g. Dark Horse with their comics, or in this case, YouTube - but let's not be hyperbolic and act like they are slapping Denuvo on everything.

If you look at what CDPR IP they make profits from. You will find they have DRM on the majority of their merchandise (music, video, comics). I really can see them drop their anti-DRM stance on their games at some point in the future. You can see them slowly become more and more like a big corporation where all that matters is numbers on a spreadsheet. The personality has slowly been draining out of CDPR from what appears to have been the development of TW3.

I really do hope I am wrong. I'd rather be hyperbolic than right in this instance.

I bought it on YouTube because that's big here (thankfully, I guess?) but really hoping to get a DRM free version to watch in leisure in my radio-free batcave.
GoG please?

Aditya;n7906730 said:
I bought it on YouTube because that's big here (thankfully, I guess?) but really hoping to get a DRM free version to watch in leisure in my radio-free batcave.
GoG please?

You just made it easier for them NOT to release, DRM free. Whats the point, when you are going to buy it anyway? Show some restraint, fight the good fight!

Witcher concert video

Is there any way to buy this video direct from GOG rather than from YouTube? Frankly I'd rather give CDPR all the money than damn YouTube.

evilhippo;n7923470 said:
Is there any way to buy this video direct from GOG rather than from YouTube? Frankly I'd rather give CDPR all the money than damn YouTube.

As of this time, no, there is not.

As the others have pointed out, i see no reason why this has not been released DRM-free on GoG.

What happens to all the DRM-free talk? Soundtracks, comics, and now also videos locked with DRM from a company whos core fundations were based on NO-DRM... how money changes people... No Enhanced Edition for Witcher 3, no RedKit 2... such a fall from grace in my eyes.

PS: Not to mention the "Community Wishlist" being on "BETA" for like 5 years...

Last edited:
Yeiiow;n7929510 said:
As the others have pointed out, i see no reason why this has not been released DRM-free on GoG.

What happens to all the DRM-free talk? Soundtracks, comics, and now also videos locked with DRM from a company whos core fundations were based on NO-DRM... how money changes people... No Enhanced Edition for Witcher 3, no RedKit 2... such a fall from grace in my eyes.

It seems they are not up for engaging/acknowledging this with us. But, even if they did, every new digital release they do, outside of games is the same. They DRM it, we have to complain at them. It's been a repeating cycle for over a year now.

Personally I just CBA with it anymore. They need us, far more than we need them. If I ever have to buy into DRM, it won't be from these guys.

Good to see a proper DRM-free release. I probably won't buy it yet, to avoid music spoilers, but I wishlisted it for now. Next time, please release music and video DRM-free right away.

Last edited:
ummagoomba;n7957000 said:
So, they finally did it. Shame it took a lot of complaints, it would have been more re-assuring for CDPRs default position to be, release this stuff first and foremost as DRM free.

https://www.gog.com/movie/video_game_show_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_concert

How do you know that it wasn't their intention from the very beginning to release the concert on GoG? It only lagged a couple weeks behind the YouTube release.

At any rate, I think it's good of them to give us several options for viewing media. I'd much rather watch this on a large screen TV than my small computer monitor, and that's much more easily accomplished on YouTube than GoG since I am using a PS4.

I understand voicing your concerns when CDPR doesn't give a DRM free alternative, but adopting a cynical posture after they have done what you were asking them to do seems ... slightly unreasonable?

Who knows what their intention was, the point was they didn't release it at first, and didn't say they plan to, proposing to buy it with DRM. It's quite reasonable to expect them not to treat DRM-free version as a delayed secondary choice. This happened with soundtracks already before, and it's not a good thing.

Last edited:
Can someone walk me through the process of the offer. I can buy it with my Google play credit but my Google play account isn't my gog email account. I don't want cdpr to reject my claim and me end up with a drmd non refundable YouTube version.

Top Bottom