The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
You know, I just thought about a very little thing which would be nice: flying geese (in V form). They would be a nice addition to the regular flocks of birds.

Attachments

• 051024e.jpg
    051024e.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 55
Alright so let's get started

>INCREASE RATE OF DISMEMBERMENT WHILE DRINKING POTIONS THAT INCREASE STRENGTH

There is a little bit too much gore they should tone it down. I like seeing the occasional decapitation here and there though.I would have less decapitations without potions, and taking rook will make the rate decipatition like the current build.

There should be potions like Rook that increase Geralt's strength as well as the rate of decapitations so you really feel like a fucking badass and see the difference of preperation.

Which brings us to another point which is.

>VISUALLY PORTRAY HOW POTIONS AND OILS MAKE A DIFFERENCE

We all know the effect of stats to combat but it being reflected visually just makes it so much more awesome.

Say you drink Stammelford's and Petri's Philtre your normal Igni spell should visually have stronger flame or larger area of effect. If you use Brown Oil you should see some blood dripping from your opponent. Shrike might make Geralts blood acidic so some smoke can emit from enemies as they get damaged. Red Haze make enemies freak out.

>CUSTOMIZING BOLTS AND SOME BOMBS ALSO

If we're going to use crossbows to bleed flying creatures, then the bolts should be coated in Brown Oil and it'd be cool to customize it further with poisons and stuff like that. Grapeshot should be customizable as well; imagine a shrapnel bomb coated in Brown Oil, that'll really make a griffin bleed.

>NEW STUFF/UNDERRATED STUFF

Zerrikanian Sun is a really underrated potion. It can be used to blind/stun a griffin out when he's flying. Geralt can time it right so he crashes into the ground and is knocked the fuck out. Stenchbulb could encourage the monsters to run away so you don't need to fight them. There was potion called Blackblood from W1 which made Geralt's blood poisonous so there could be some great story uses for that.

[video=youtube;VJ-4lNHY4Ds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-4lNHY4Ds[/video]

Lastly I'd like you guys to look at this video. There are several things we can get from this game.

>Sonic bombs for monsters without sight or just really sensitive to sound . A sort of flashbanf for them.
>Pitfall Trap. The traps were okay in W2 but they only had the same effect as bombs but something like this would really make a difference.
>The monster in this game have some cool unpredictable attacks and they're all different something W3 should definitely emulate.

>INCREASE RATE OF DISMEMBERMENT WHILE DRINKING POTIONS THAT INCREASE STRENGTH

There is a little bit too much gore they should tone it down. I like seeing the occasional decapitation here and there though.I would have less decapitations without potions, and taking rook will make the rate decipatition like the current build.

There should be potions like Rook that increase Geralt's strength as well as the rate of decapitations so you really feel like a fucking badass and see the difference of preperation.

Which brings us to another point which is.

>VISUALLY PORTRAY HOW POTIONS AND OILS MAKE A DIFFERENCE

We all know the effect of stats to combat but it being reflected visually just makes it so much more awesome.

Say you drink Stammelford's and Petri's Philtre your normal Igni spell should visually have stronger flame or larger area of effect. If you use Brown Oil you should see some blood dripping from your opponent. Shrike might make Geralts blood acidic so some smoke can emit from enemies as they get damaged. Red Haze make enemies freak out.

I really like the idea of having visual feedback on the effects of potions you take, and I've seen it mentioned quite a few times already around the forum so it's definitely something CDPR will consider I'm sure.
We need to understand some of these requests though do take quite a long time to create and implement and might not be feasible to have in the game on time. But this one particularly is one I personally really like, and one others seem to like as well. So here's hoping.
(Who knows maybe they've already implemented it and we just haven't seen it in action since they don't drink any potions in the demos.)

I'd say keep the rate of dismemberment as it is now WHEN affected by potion and reduce it otherwise.

We should be able to adjust the rate by a slider if anything. I don't see the point in constantly drinking the same potion just to be able to see fancy dismemberments. That's a chore tbh.

We should be able to adjust the rate by a slider if anything. I don't see the point in constantly drinking the same potion just to be able to see fancy dismemberments. That's a chore tbh.
No, no. There would be dismemberment even if you did not drink anything, it just wouldn't happen as often as seen in the demos (so basically all the time). And the potion of course would not be solely for dismemberment, let's say for example, it could be connected to the Rook (increased sword damage).

And I think we will get an option to turn it on/off at best (which is fine by me).

Last edited:
Make potions change Geralt's appearance too, like in the 52 ad a Half trailer!!!
This is what I want the most out off all the above ideas. I think it is going to be a surprize for us in game, well I Hope.;) i.e Tint his skin that grey/blue-ish pale shade with dark vains and mild glowing orange-ish yellow cat eyes. :)
But that's it, I don't want to see some glowing haze around his body it should be more organic looking.

Last edited:
This is what I want the most out off all the above ideas. I think it is going to be a surprize for us in game, well I Hope.;) i.e Tint his skin that grey/blue-ish pale shade with dark vains and orange-ish yellow eyes. :)
But that's it, I don't want to see some glowing haze around his body it should be more organic looking.
That would be so great. Especially with the new Geralt being full of... warmer colors and looking a little bit too normal.

Last edited:
That would be so great. Especially with the new Geralt being fuller of... warmer colors and looking a little bit too normal.
I think that is why devs did that so we can really notice the change well I Hope lol...

Last edited:
  • (many) quests that can be solved completely or almost completely without using any (lethal) violence
  • (humanoid) enemies who flee from combat or lay down their weapon begging for mercy instead of fighting
  • hunting contracts that are about monsters who are more or less endowed with reason (book readers should know what I mean)
  • dynamic and sophisticated quests that evolve naturally around Geralt instead of classic quests given by certain people
  • small encounters with some story evolved around them without being an actual quest (think Cicade from the books)
  • ambient (premade?) dialogues without a dialogue screen (e.g. "philosophical" discussions between Dandelion and Geralt)
  • swords bound to the saddle of the horse while riding (with respective animations for binding and drawing)
  • non-disappearing blood effects and corpses until Geralt leaves the area (at least on PC depending on the hardware)

I'm not sure if this was suggested before but anyway:

Hearing classical soundtracks from previous games would be great. It would feel very nostalgic for those that played previous ones as this is the last part in Geralt's story. Not to mention those soundtracks were also awesome, therefore they would be heard and appreciated by new players as well.

One such example to my point is this exact piece, "Tavern at the End of the World" below. Maybe Dandelion (with a band or not) will play a different version at some inn where we will spend time or maybe it will play directly(or edited version) as a soundtrack at some point in game(maybe at a relaxing period that is before or after an important quest) . I dont know but i guess it would be great to hear some previous, classic soundtracks.

Fisherman's Labyrinth.

OMFG THIS JUST HIT ME HARD. THIS GAME HAS TO HAVE THIS IN IT SOMEWHERE. A MEDITATION LABYRINTH, IT IS TRUE TO NORSE VIKING HISTORY AS WELL. I JUST HAVE TO SEE IT IN THE GAME. AS VIKINGS WE WOULD MEDITATE AND WALK THEM BEFORE FISHING OR GOING OUT TO SEA. LOOK IT UP RED TEAM (If you don't already know this for some strange reason) JUST ADD A DIRT PATH ONE WITH SOME SMALL STONES AROUND IT WITH YOUR SPECIAL LOVING TOUCH. :)
Sorry for yelling I was in a trance and had to post this right away. PLEASE CDPR RED TEAM LOOK INTO THIS AND MAYBE HAVE PETER OR SOME OTHER EQUALLY BADASS ARTIST CREATE THIS. IT MAKES TOTAL FUCKING SENSE. ;)
"Keep in mind"
This is not really for Geralt, it's just for the local towns people and a beautiful mystery for gamers to look at while playing. It's really for the native fishermen to meditate on.Would you be so kind to please make one, it does not have to be huge but just in the game and somewhere useful that's all. Thank You :)

Attachments

• 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 45
  • MINI.jpg
    MINI.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Top Bottom