The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
That was discussed a lot in the Yennefer thread, maybe you should take a look there.
CDPR officially stated in this forum that the hair IS black indeed ;)
So we can trust them, I think :)
They've heard that many players are concerned about the color, so they will take care of it.

And a short explanation about the black/brown discussion:
Most of the natural black hair looks brown under direct intensive sunlight. There are proofs of it in the Yennefer thread.

Thanks for the info, but I still don´t buy the sun or lighting thing, black hair is black, another thing is if you have dark hair, I have dark brown hair, and it looks very dark unless with a bright light like you said, but any guy or girl I know with really black hair, is black, no matter what, the colour doesn´t change. :)

Sorry if I sound a little arrogant, I just want to make myself clear in my opinion, but again, thanks for the answer and the info. :)

Sorry if I sound a little arrogant, I just want to make myself clear in my opinion, but again, thanks for the answer and the info. :)
No problem. I think many people spoke that clear in the Yennefer thread :p
I am quite sure CDPR have heard this and will make sure that it fits even better, that's what I wanted to say :p

They are aware that her hair has to be black and they are aware that many people are not satisfied with the current color.
So it is possible there will be some tweaking here. That's just my interpretation of course.

No problem. I think many people spoke that clear in the Yennefer thread :p
I am quite sure CDPR have heard this and will make sure that it fits even better, that's what I wanted to say :p

They are aware that her hair has to be black and they are aware that many people are not satisfied with the current color.
So it is possible there will be some tweaking here. That's just my interpretation of course.

Yeah, I hope for some changes, but not as much the colour hair or her eyes, that´s just me being a fanboy, I think it suits her character better, but it´s not a priority, it´s more about her presence.

True story 100%:
I saw the trailer and I was like "What the hell? Ciri is in it and not Yennefer?" then someone told me "What are you saying? She was with Triss and Geralt." and I say "Who? the "girl" on the boat? She is some girl you are helping on some sidequest" I swear that was what I thought, some Chief-Village daughter NPC, a very generic girl from some village, until I saw the necklace, then I was like WOW, if my first impression on a character like her, is to not even notice it´s her, something is very very wrong, even Triss looks ten times more strong, mature and badass than her, aside from hair colour or whatever, the first impression you have at her sight, can´t be something "forgettable", but in the good way.

I´m sorry again for the extension of this message, but if it helps to my wishlist in terms of design, then.... be welcome. :D

My Personal Wishlist for TW3

Hey all! Been a while since I posted here. Anyway, lemme cut to the chase: here are some of the things I'd like to see (and hear) in TW3:

1. Regarding the Voice Acting, TW1 was top-notch while TW2.... Not so much. I hope that Geralt and Triss sound closer to how they sounded in TW1. For Geralt, maybe pass his voice on a synthesizer if all dialogues had already been recorded, or just re-record the whole thing. There's just this quality in his voice, that gruff texture that isn't there anymore in the transition to Witcher 2. As for Triss, maybe re-hire her VA? TW1 Triss' voice has that tone of authority befitting a Sorceress. That, and she doesn't sound so helpless.

2. Proper Combat animations. Geralt fights with finesse and looks like a badass in the process. Who rolls around in a fight anyway? TW2 is hipster in this regard, because it did it before Dark Souls made it cool.

3. Potion-Drinking. I did not particularly care that you had to meditate to drink up, in TW2. It was lore-friendly (BOOK!Geralt wasn't tripping balls in Swallow and Tawny Owl all the time), but please minimize the drinking animation, or if not, remove it entirely. You'll be doing this again and again throughout the adventure and so much time is lost seeing Geralt turn his neck to the sides as if to relieve pressure in his backbone.

4. Yennefer's introduction should come VERY EARLY in the game. In the recent trailers, we see Geralt visiting the Emperor of Nilfgaard. At the end of TW2, Letho flat-out stated that Yennefer is in Nilfgaard somewhere, so I hope Geralt's trip to see Tywin Lannister comes early to set her up as the "love interest" and establish her character properly. She's one of the two women that Geralt truly "loved", and it's a really tall order to make her seem this way, seeing as players already had two games to get acquainted with Triss.

5. Save bonuses should have some sort of impact in the overall story and how it unfolds. Quite a lot of big things happened in TW2 and depending on who lived and who died has a huge impact on the state of the North after all is said and done. I hope this gets reflected in the game.

And that's all for me. I hope even just one of these gets implemented :)

Hehe, I agree with everything in your post except for the multiplayer part. If RED can create a fun and engaging multiplayer mode in TW3 then hey, why not give them a chance.

Now to the funny part. Your post is from 2012, and they've recently announced that there will be a multiplayer included in TW3 :p I don't know, I just laughed a bit. I guess it's because so many people were hoping that multiplayer would be non-existent so that RED could concentrate on the singleplayer experience.

Well anyways, I'm hoping the inclusion of mp doesn't detract any attention from the main campaign and story and that it ends up being great, being able to hold its own.

My wish therefore is: Coop free roam in the enormous world that the developers are creating would be mad fun. Coop Arena would be a welcome addition as well :)

Like a coop free roam online multi-player option like RDR? That would be really cool, I bet cdpr would have all kinds of characters for us to unlock and choose from.
This would be some extra hard work on their part, but well worth it if they can pull it off as good as RDR did. Wow, if that happens we'll all just keep playing this game until we kick the bucket. :) lol..

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope for some changes, but not as much the colour hair or her eyes, that´s just me being a fanboy, I think it suits her character better, but it´s not a priority, it´s more about her presence.

If there is something unquestionable, than it is her eyes. I think you haven't looked clearly or maybe didn't have a high resolution trailer, but I think you can't complain about the eyes.
See here: Wolfsblut @ Do you prefer Yennefer with black or brown hair?

Or do you want another color than violet?

Taming monsters

I think would be good to tame some monsters for a small period of time
(with hexing ofcourse) and use them as ride.

Last edited:
For sure you can use the axii sign to control some monsters and let them fight on your side.

Riding sounds cool though, but don't know if this would be possible, that would be a bunch of new animations.

Hmm.

HMMM.

Monsters in Witcher are generally not suited as pets, nor tameable. Many are intelligent. It would also make it, arguably, somewhat too cartoonish a setting, as Geralt rides off on his tame baby Kayran.

On a somewhat deeper level, it would further blur the line between humanity and monsterhood, a line Geralt already straddles. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Geralt once rode a monster. I believe it's species was named Knocker. I doubt he would ever want to do so again.

Well, on a more serious note, I don't think monsters would allow Geralt to ride them. Not many of them that is. Most monsters in the witcher world, are not stupid, they can talk to each other, some can talk to humans too. If Geralt asked a Harpy for example to give him a ride to Velen, it would be similar to asking a dwarf the same question.

I personally am quite happy that I get a horse. And even more happier that I get to name it Roach.

Now having monsters as allies on some occasion, that is another thing entirely.

I bet that you won't get to ride a Dragon though. These things happen only once in a "lifetime".

Don't forget that many monsters are immune to signs. Their minds are quite different than the human mind, so Geralt would have a hard time using Axii on them. I think.

Last edited:
On a somewhat deeper level, it would further blur the line between humanity and monsterhood, a line Geralt already straddles. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I think it is more meant like some scenes you have seen with the griffin. Geralt attacking him, swinging on his back to get a better position in combat.
Many hack&slay games have these "tamings" I have in thought. While attacking a monster, jumping on their back, maybe "using" them for a few seconds to hit other monster, than kill them with a sword or jump down.

But I agree, really tameable monsters wouldn't fit here.

Consider the greatest map ever, thought be good coz for meanings of travel.Of course shouldnt allow to be overused&abused but at some levels (occasionally flying options) breaks monotony of horseback riding all the time.

Last edited:
Doesn't really make logical sense though, for the reasons given. If they're monsters, they're not really tameable.
( @Wolfsblvt - it's already been confirmed that riding the monster while fighting it won't be there. I think they're trying to avoid those set-piece animations this time)

Doesn't really make logical sense though, for the reasons given. If they're monsters, they're not really tameable.
( @Wolfsblvt - it's already been confirmed that riding the monster while fighting it won't be there. I think they're trying to avoid those set-piece animations this time)

I mean taming is hexing for a small period of time for gaining some speed or elevation on map.

If there is something unquestionable, than it is her eyes. I think you haven't looked clearly or maybe didn't have a high resolution trailer, but I think you can't complain about the eyes.
See here: Wolfsblut @ Do you prefer Yennefer with black or brown hair?

Or do you want another color than violet?

You´re absolutely right, after we all saw the trailer, pause and zoomed, see the necklace, the eyes etc, realize she was Yennefer, I´m only mentioning hair and eyes because they are the hot theme about Yennefer on this forum, and after analisis like that one, more her hair, but like I said before, for me on the screen was a common girl, not Yennefer, more for her presence than anything, that´s why I focus more on the impression she gave me, believe me I´m more concerned about what the character has to transmit to me, in terms of sensations or charisma, than her design, that´s a plus/bonus, this isn´t the first thread where I have expalined so much about Yen, always only in personal opinion, not absolute, obviously. :)

Note: Good work on that image, and thanks for the info and answer as always. :D

I saw the trailer and I was like "What the hell? Ciri is in it and not Yennefer?" then someone told me "What are you saying? She was with Triss and Geralt." and I say "Who? the "girl" on the boat?

It's probably you, I had no trouble recognizing her like your friend had no trouble.
:look:

I'm not crazy serious about her hair colour, the games have more freedom than the books and violet eyes look a bit strange. Yennefer is fine as in the trailer. I'm worried about the developers changing things to the worse because everyone if forcing them to do everything like 100% according to the novels.

Glad they kept Triss look as well. Some people posted concept art where they to change her hairstyle.

It's probably you, I had no trouble recognizing her like your friend had no trouble.
:look:

I'm not crazy serious about her hair colour, the games have more freedom than the books and violet eyes look a bit strange. Yennefer is fine as in the trailer. I'm worried about the developers changing things to the worse because everyone if forcing them to do everything like 100% according to the novels.

Glad they kept Triss look as well. Some people posted concept art where they to change her hairstyle.

Anyone notice Yennefer, they "looked" for her, if I have a 100 people mob before me, and my mother is in it and I don´t know she is there, probably I will don´t notice her, if I´m searching for her, I will spot her, I´m almost sure people saw the trailer "searching" for her, or at least at the end, they were fangasming about "It has to be her!!!" they wanted it. This is the case of 2 other friends I personally talk, and they recognised it. :ermm:

I´m still waiting for somebody to tell me they have from the very first glance at her, a genuine "feeling" of having Yennefer before their eyes, because the most remarkable comment I read or hear about her, is literally "She´s Ok..." "She´s pretty..." and many more sooooo generic and common things... if that is the impression people have of her, nothing special, one more girl between 100 village girls, we all have a problem, Triss is much more unique, looks more mature, strong, and badass, and I already said all this like 5 times in like 3 or more threads. :)

Obviously, this is only personal opinion, but until now anyone, debate with me, with something more significant than "Shut up... she looks pretty" Yennefer first impression can´t be any less than "unforgettable" in the good way. :D

I´m still waiting for somebody to tell me they have from the very first glance at her, a genuine "feeling" of having Yennefer before their eyes, because the most remarkable comment I read or hear about her, is literally "She´s Ok..." "She´s pretty..." and many more sooooo generic and common things... if that is the impression people have of her, nothing special, one more girl between 100 village girls, we all have a problem, Triss is much more unique, looks more mature, strong, and badass, and I already said all this like 5 times in like 3 or more threads. :)

Well I just did. The first thing I did after watching the trailer was writing a message on another forum that they need to look at it because it "had Ciri and Yennefer inside of it". And I made complaints that people on Youtube were too silly to know who they were.

I guess most only like Triss because they are either into redheads or because the first 2 games pretty much forced us to have her as our lover. Which is perfectly fine, I love Triss, but she's no Yennefer obviously :laughing:

Well I just did. The first thing I did after watching the trailer was writing a message on another forum that they need to look at it because it "had Ciri and Yennefer inside of it". And I made complaints that people on Youtube were too silly to know who they were.

I guess most only like Triss because they are either into redheads or because the first 2 games pretty much forced us to have her as our lover. Which is perfectly fine, I love Triss, but she's no Yennefer obviously :laughing:

Ok then... I´m counting you as the first person that told me that notice Yennefer, without "looking" for her or knowing she was there, and didn´t see a girl, but a woman, very mature, sharp-minded, strong, brave, and with an extremely "unique" and "astonishing" presence. :)

Top Bottom