The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Last posts scared me.

Wow, I don't know what I missed or what was said but I'm sure it was sarcasm.
Sorry if I said something that offended someone, I don't ever mean to do that.
Back to topic;)

Last edited:
Some more wishes for this game:

• Wind simulation system
    It's great to be sucked in the fantastic world of The Witcher. Introducing wind simulation would improve even more the experience: imagine grass, tree branches and waves moving with the wind direction... flags waving in the wind... clothes hung up to dry... even armor's drapes and Geralt's hair, all properly moved by wind blows, It would be awesome, something no game has done yet (I believe)

• "Boob physics"
    I know many of you will find this ridicolous, but in a game that makes of nudity one of his strong aspects I think RED should work on that. In TW2 every nude scene was strange because you saw these very still breasts, it was like every woman had a very bad breast implant. Games have implemented boob physics even without having any nudity.
    Some little bounces should be enough, not something silly like DOA or Kingdom Under Fire where breasts heavily bounce even under plate armor.

[*]"Boob physics"

The least important thing by my books. There are other forms of media where one can entertain theirselves. CDPR is not Bioware, Witcher is not Mass Effect. We will have enough sex scenes, so we don't need boobs jiggling in combat and whatnot. If people prefer concentrating on this, rather than the plot and fighting, it's (probably) the wrong game for them.

I understand that the game is currently pretty much finalized and is being polished. So what I'm suggesting would not require a rework or anything.
Dear CDPR, please pay attention to arrows and bolts. From what I've seen in the gameplay demo, the crossbow bolts for some reason travel in an arc. This is not only wrong, but also pointless. I mean, why do that, if it has no impact? The real arrows and bolts travel much faster than most developers care to learn. Please do not make that mistake and up the speed and better the projectile trajectory to what it should be - fast and straight. Thanks.

The least important thing by my books. There are other forms of media where one can entertain theirselves. CDPR is not Bioware, Witcher is not Mass Effect. We will have enough sex scenes, so we don't need boobs jiggling in combat and whatnot. If people prefer concentrating on this, rather than the plot and fighting, it's (probably) the wrong game for them.

I specifically said I don't want something like DOA or KUF, they should not move in combat where everyone is wearing an armor that doesn't grant free space for jiggling. I was refering to nude scenes, where everything should react, you know, as normal.

I understand that the game is currently pretty much finalized and is being polished. So what I'm suggesting would not require a rework or anything.
Dear CDPR, please pay attention to arrows and bolts. From what I've seen in the gameplay demo, the crossbow bolts for some reason travel in an arc. This is not only wrong, but also pointless. I mean, why do that, if it has no impact? The real arrows and bolts travel much faster than most developers care to learn. Please do not make that mistake and up the speed and better the projectile trajectory to what it should be - fast and straight. Thanks.

I strongly agree, arrows and darts should follow a straight path and fly much faster. It's not only better in terms of gameplay, but it also makes more sense.

while arrows do indeed fly straight it only happens for a short distance unless it is a powerfull bow, if you need to hit something farder away you have no chance that to fire it upward in an arc for the bolt to reach the distance so it's tragectory will be curved

while arrows do indeed fly straight it only happens for a short distance unless it is a powerfull bow, if you need to hit something farder away you have no chance that to fire it upward in an arc for the bolt to reach the distance so it's tragectory will be curved

That is true indeed. But most fighting in the Witcher series does take place in close quarters. In TW2 the arrows fired in a ghostly battle sequence (where player needed to deliver a message and hide from volleys) made sense. While the arrows in the LaValette castle siege (the ones we saw flying from a fortification before using a ballista) behaved like if they were made out of plastic. What I'm saying is that there should be a realism to arrow flight in the game in general. That one shot Geralt fired with a crossbow in E3 presentation was disappointing.

How did this thread turn into the little boys' club all of a sudden?

Hah... don t we re all little boys inside my lovely Pandabear? :hai:
specially if nude skin comes in?

Last posts scared me.

I scared you? I appologize for that my lady ;) No worrys i won t rewrite this wish ;)

Well your sarcasm is appreciated :D but the wish was not for the nude skin of Triss and Yen it is more about

Burned corpse of Geralt and of course the question they both ask the "fan's"

If this brought up a little smirk :D it has fullfilled its purpose, i still think its a nice idea :hai:

Last edited:
I specifically said I don't want something like DOA or KUF, they should not move in combat where everyone is wearing an armor that doesn't grant free space for jiggling. I was refering to nude scenes, where everything should react, you know, as normal.

I strongly agree, arrows and darts should follow a straight path and fly much faster. It's not only better in terms of gameplay, but it also makes more sense.

Wut.

Kindly explain to me how it would be "better in terms of gameplay". I curious about this one. Considering none of us have played it, I'm fairly certain you have absolutely no fucking idea how arrows work within the combat system. So better how? Hm? Or are you just talking bullshit in order to make your own preferences seem like objectively "better" then the developers vision.

Also, who gives two shits about realism. At a certain point, you need to realize that it's a game. And if you're going to sacrifice good game design for realism, then you're not cut out to work with this medium.

Man. This forum.... Maybe you should head over to the BSN. I have a sneaky suspicion you'd love it there.

People tend to forget that an arrow falls as fast as anything else of its weight and shape. So if the arrow falls in a second to the floor a flying arrow will to after travelling 250m which is accurate for a medieval longbow and crossbow, since crossbows usually had lower drawweights if loaded by hand and without a crank or lever.

Just to give some people insights into ballistics of medieval weaponry. I don't know how the trajectory was in the trailers, if you link me to it I can comment on it if you wish. I forgot that part, was more curious about the sword fights.

Wut.

Kindly explain to me how it would be "better in terms of gameplay". I curious about this one. Considering none of us have played it, I'm fairly certain you have absolutely no fucking idea how arrows work within the combat system. So better how? Hm? Or are you just talking bullshit in order to make your own preferences seem like objectively "better" then the developers vision.

Also, who gives two shits about realism. At a certain point, you need to realize that it's a game. And if you're going to sacrifice good game design for realism, then you're not cut out to work with this medium.

Man. This forum.... Maybe you should head over to the BSN. I have a sneaky suspicion you'd love it there.

Woah woah, calm the hell down, it's only a damn suggestion.

Last edited:
Wut.

Chill dude, no reason to be a dick.

On the reasons it's better, it's really that simple: when you aim with a ranged weapon, you realize having a straight trajectory is better than a descending arc, because you know, it's easier to predict where the arrow is going to land. Understood?

About the realism, I'm fine if you don't care, but there are many people here that think realism contributes in immersion, and in a RPG immersion is a great factor.

Last edited:

All your posts lately have been about how you dislike this forum. That makes me wonder, what makes you come back?

All the guy did was make a suggestion, in a wishlist thread. Don't see anything wrong with that. Especially since what he said kinda makes sense, the arch we saw in the gameplay demo doesn't really make sense and it doesn't add anything to the game.

Top Bottom