The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I want to see the epic multi-feeling I had in the witcher 1 in this game (different atmospheres), the atmosphere probably will be different in no man's land, death, decay;skellige islands,vikings, nordic and snowy;and novigrad, with the "this is a living city" atmosphere in novigrad (thing that assassin's creed doesn't do in their games), the war adrenaline and suh things. (I mean, remember the a bit horror atmosphere in tw1 chapter one? The city feeling in chapter 2/3? And one of the best atmospheres ever in chapter 4?, all of them were distinct and appropriate for the chapter)
I want to see the unique, less tolkienesque and nothing japanese-like (or manga-like), way to tell the story that tw1 and 2 had that fantasy rpg doesn't have ( the biggest advantage of the witcher series by far),which include (INCLUDe, not only reason) the maturity
I want something like in the only game with real multiple choices-consequences effect: tw2

Done, I posted here what I couldn't in character appearences thread for off-topic reasons

Last edited:
One thing that I noticed in the footage of Novigrad is the following: all NPCs seem to walk with the same constant speed. This really breaks immersion for me. Where have you seen that people on the street all walk with the same speed (i.e. walking speed doesn't vary from person to person) and, moreover this speed is also constant in time?

I think that fixing this in TW3 shouldn't be very hard, but this would improve the immersion quite considerably.

Even W2 had its share of 'Arcady' elements, if you were able to look past those little aspects and find it overall "epic" then as long as W3 isn't considerably a worse game somehow, I think your concerns about red eye wolves and crossbows will be entirely forgotten and it'll be fine. I know for as much as I complain about this new Alchemy System ultimately if it works well whilst I'm actually playing and it's not just me nitpicking because I've watched a video 10 times over and "don't like it", then it'll be fine, or worst comes to worst I don't like that aspect but the rest of the game is still fantastic, it'll just be a small blemish on the overall game.
I also think that apart from Geralt not being as pale as the previous games, he looks very similar. If he's "Hollwoodish" in W3 then you surely must have thought the same about him in W2, because he's certainly a lot more "dashing" in W2 compared to W1 which is probably the only game he's actually looked like a proper pale, slightly ugly/freakish mutant.

But... It's all subjective and I'm sure people out there agree and share your opinion, so I won't say you can't think like you do, just noting my disagreement and think it's a little over-exaggerated, but each to their own.

I want to play it (is a witcher forum after all I'm in), just they got a bit more generic, I mean, in a more EA way, appealing with crossbows and beautiful geralt (like appealing with dumb things)(meh maybe we need the crossbow, as they stated, but those aren't the only 2 flaws)

Well about face appearence, geralt is too beautiful and hollywoodish, plus a generic face
About high heels, well I'm kinda shocked then, just recently I started to read the books so I'm a bit lost (I'm loving the books)
About the wolves, yep, it's as mentioned by someone too arcady, too world of warcraft style (well is not that arcady, and not horrible at all, just watch dragon age and you will see what I'm talking about)
Crossbow:If he uses something like that in the book, then sorry :/
Complaining about Xone exclusive: because of ethics, they tricked us,and with the dumb detail in the following sentence "no in-game exclusive content between platforms" , and that's a dirty trick that I expect from EA, not cdprojekt!
Bad Ui:bad UI is bad and I too hope they fixed
Probably they updated the game quite a lot so who knows

And yes, I'm a bit upset with some things, the cdred mistakes can be because no one is perfect, or because we got nitpicky, but there are flaws and one or two at least aren't nitpicking, really
I want epicness that tw1 and tw2 had (I'll post this in an another thread to not get too off-topic here)
But anyone agree about the spikes things :p? (That aren't good)

What spike things are you talking about? Can you post it please?

Last edited:
Complaining about Xone exclusive: because of ethics, they tricked us,and with the dumb detail in the following sentence "no in-game exclusive content between platforms" , and that's a dirty trick that I expect from EA, not cdprojekt!
Bad Ui:bad UI is bad and I too hope they fixed

And indeed, XONE esclusive content is not "in-game".

What is wrong about UI?

hollywood characters

Sorceresses have always been "improving" their apparence and using fancy clothes, it's nothing new. Ciri is always in high heels and it's said Yennefer wears high heels too when she dresses up in The Last Wish (it's not said whether she does so permanently, true, but that's what's said in the books about it – at least do we know that Ciri even fights with them which must be starting when she's with the Rats).

The UI is perfectly fine by me so far, I don't see what's wrong with it.

My main wish is a good synergy between the main storyline and side questing and exploration. All the glimpses of the main quest I've seen so far gave me the the real sense of urgency, so I really hope that there will be some in-game reasons for me to hold it off and just wander around, other then my desire as a player to explore and complete everything. The latter can really break immersion and make me feel that Geralt is abandoning important things for no real reason.

My main wish is a good synergy between the main storyline and side questing and exploration. All the glimpses of the main quest I've seen so far gave me the the real sense of urgency, so I really hope that there will be some in-game reasons for me to hold it off and just wander around, other then my desire as a player to explore and complete everything. The latter can really break immersion and make me feel that Geralt is abandoning important things for no real reason.

That's one of the problems with open world games. They can't force you to hurry if you want to just wander around. Putting some timers or time restrictions would also be bad, it would be even worse actually.
Even though it might make sense in certain situations, the only reason for the player to rush forward, should be a compelling story.
Still, I like to wander around and explore, even if the story is great, that's just how I like to play and putting some time restrictions to make me hurry will be just annoying.

And why those spikes in the one on the left? You know, having spikes is such a bad idea for a pratical armor...c'mon cdprojekt

First ciri and yennefer high heels
Plus bad UI...
Then wolves with red lights
Then everyone ridicously beautiful
Also worth mentioning the potions reccomended while hunting monsters
Oh, and the crossbow, was bad, really bad. Not only is not witchers thing,well I can tolerate this, but I can tolerate to a point, when they showed three bolts shot at once plus ammos auto recharge, was too much, too much!
After all that, those spikes (I could even accept small ones, but those are big)
Cdprojekt what you want?

(I didn't mentioned things in chronological order)
I'm not bothered with the new eredin, except it's quite cliche (mainly the skull)
What changed on you, in the time between this vgx trailer and now, cdprojekt?

Yeah I'm really starting to complain here around, it's a shock for me all this sudden change, one year ago the witcher was the saviour of true games, no DRM, free DLC, one developer working here said that their way of work is one of 20 years ago, thinking about the quality of the game and not to get more money, by doing easy tricks to attract crowd. We get exclusive xone features, hollywood characters, that's gaming industry hero now,or not, is that still the case, cdprojekt?

I didn't mentioned the top right icon that spoils the monster hunted, because that must be some kind of joke, we know him before knowing who he is!

I hope, I HOPE, that the material selected for gameplay video was specifically selected to see the community feedback, and then see what to change and what not

Some of the things you complain about are aesthetics and they are highly subjective. You may not like spikes or hot sorceresses, but others will.
The UI is pretty good, don't see the problem there. Once again, it's subjective unless you provide specific points about what is bad and how it could be better.

For other things, like the minimap pointers and suggested potions, we still don't know the whole picture. It could be dependent on the difficultly level or be configurable.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions unless we get all the details.

Anyways, we're getting closer to release, so I expect CDPR will start detailing more aspects of the game, like the skill system and the alchemy.

That's one of the problems with open world games. They can't force you to hurry if you want to just wander around. Putting some timers or time restrictions would also be bad, it would be even worse actually.
Even though it might make sense in certain situations, the only reason for the player to rush forward, should be a compelling story.
Still, I like to wander around and explore, even if the story is great, that's just how I like to play and putting some time restrictions to make me hurry will be just annoying.
Compete freedom works better for the games like Skyrim where your character is completely blank at the beginning, and you just do whatever you want with him and can justify just about everything. This is not entierly the case here, because, while we did make some decisions for Geralt over the course of two games, he is also shaped by some events and experiences of his past that competely resurface by the end of TW2. And it's mostly because of them we will find Geralt wherever he will be at the beginning of the third game. Also it looks like those past events will play the biggest role in TW3, while things from first games will mostly take the back seat, with the notable exeption of political situation. All this would make doing random stuff somewhat harder(at least for me).
Anyway what I meant to say, is that it would be great if we won't have to go completely out of the way to do some sidequesting. I felt that TW!, while not open world, did a great job with this. For example you were unable to enter certain districts of the city before you finished even some minor things, but it made sense and didn't seem too forced. Same could be said about TW2 where sidequests were either within reach, or could be be competed while actually doing the main quest. So I'm hoping for a good mix of the two in the thid game, and the best way to describe it would probably be the web, where everything is tied together by either some minor plot needs or convenience and such.

I get what you mean. From what CDPR have revealed about the quests there should be quest concentration around the main story lines or around villages/cities, so that when you enter an area, there will be stuff to do that's not entirely related to the plot or just random witcher work. :)

Of course if you wander of track, there surely will be some more quests, but you won't necessarily have to go through the woods to find some additional work.
I do hope they have some exciting quests for those going hiking though. :)

I thought they said you could still roam around the "world state" you created after the end of the game and do some side quests if they aren't precluded by the effects of the main quest missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1_8iQxewVYk

At approximately 4 minutes into the video he says something to the effect of the game doesn't end, you just have different world states you are now in. He could be wrong though because I'm pretty sure this is the video where he says the world is 65 times larger than Witcher 2 when everyone else says 35 times larger.

I thought they said you could still roam around the "world state" you created after the end of the game and do some side quests if they aren't precluded by the effects of the main quest missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1_8iQxewVYk

At approximately 4 minutes into the video he says something to the effect of the game doesn't end, you just have different world states you are now in. He could be wrong though because I'm pretty sure this is the video where he says the world is 65 times larger than Witcher 2 when everyone else says 35 times larger.
This may come as a pleasant surprise to you - in a later interview Jose referred to this mistake of his. He said that after the interview where he accidentally stated "65" he met with some other Devs and told them that he confused the numbers, but then they told him that his mistake was actually closer to reality than their previous statement of 35. Apparently, the map grew substantially.

I can't be bothered to search for it in the Interviews thread, but you're welcome to dig for the clip from recent months.

I think they only need to make Geralt a bit more pale and make his hair a whiter/less gray, that's how he looked in the past two games. Right now he looks like a generic fantasy character and not the Geralt that I played as.

This

Plus I definitely want to be able to meet Saskia again and get this whole thing right.
I did save Triss and then spared her.

Compete freedom works better for the games like Skyrim where your character is completely blank at the beginning, and you just do whatever you want with him and can justify just about everything. This is not entierly the case here, because, while we did make some decisions for Geralt over the course of two games, he is also shaped by some events and experiences of his past that competely resurface by the end of TW2. And it's mostly because of them we will find Geralt wherever he will be at the beginning of the third game. Also it looks like those past events will play the biggest role in TW3, while things from first games will mostly take the back seat, with the notable exeption of political situation. All this would make doing random stuff somewhat harder(at least for me).
Anyway what I meant to say, is that it would be great if we won't have to go completely out of the way to do some sidequesting. I felt that TW!, while not open world, did a great job with this. For example you were unable to enter certain districts of the city before you finished even some minor things, but it made sense and didn't seem too forced. Same could be said about TW2 where sidequests were either within reach, or could be be competed while actually doing the main quest. So I'm hoping for a good mix of the two in the thid game, and the best way to describe it would probably be the web, where everything is tied together by either some minor plot needs or convenience and such.

For me tw1 has the perfect balance of openess for a story oriented rpg, tw2 has too small, too densed and everything happened fast, and now is too open
Tw1 had the feeling of being a true story that could happen, a perfect balance of book-like story with the openess a game needs, it was PERFECT in tw1

So many unnecessary informations presented on the screen, do we really need a mini map or we could just press M for map view.

Are there going to be bloodstains on the sword after battle? This was present in Witcher 2, but so far all the Witcher 3 demos seem to have omitted this.

Are there going to be bloodstains on the sword after battle? This was present in Witcher 2, but so far all the Witcher 3 demos seem to have omitted this.

You narrowly missed out on Chris' Q&A thread. I don't think anyone apart from the REDs knows the answer to that.

Top Bottom