The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Some more wishes for TW3, to perhaps be implemented in a quest or something:

-Blowing up things while sailing
-Throwing daggers while on horseback
-Having a duel while compromised in some way
-Fighting the wild hunt in the midst of a battle between the northern and southern armies
-Fighting more than one boss at once
-Racing across the land against obstacles to save a friend, and finally
-Sailing to paradise on whores arses.

I fret my friends.
Setting in an oncoming war, the 3rd entry in a wildly successful series? Sounds familiar? I feel that besides from improving on skyrim, the talents cdprojectred should really avoid the mistakes of mass effect 3.
The effect of the war should really be felt and the consequences of your choices clearly reflected in game play and story unlike all that hype from mass effect that ultimately failed to deliver. Also I hope that characters are not dropped from Witcher 2 or merely mentioned or briefly appear in a mission. This is the 3rd war, everyone is affected. I hope that the storyline such as the vran and the discoveries in loc muine should not be left out. I feelthat the siege of vergen is something that can be built upon for a war gameplay. Also let us pray that the ending is a full conclusion to the epic and nothing like a random starchild appears. Otherwise im afraid millions of devoted fans will go on their wild hunt.

Regards,
A fan

Not sure if already linked, but Strategy Informer thinks CDPR needs to do the following:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/editorials/21916/11-things-cd-projekt-needs-to-do-in-the-witcher-3

Hmm let's see:

- Better tutorial? Absolutely. W1 confusing and boring at the start? Maybe we played a different game. For me the start of W1 was a mesmerizing romp
- Consequences from previous installment carried over to W3? Why not, would be very nice, not essential though.
- Familiarize players with the world? Probably good idea, then again, there's always Wiki
- Optional companions? Actually why not. I wouldn't mind Zoltan or any other fun character joining me now and then. As long as it's optional
- More cohesive plot? Not sure what they mean, the story of W1 was ok, story of W2 was fantastic. But I guess it could be a bit tighter....the all time greats from Bioware or Black Isle are good examples of a great, tight stories.
- Ending. Yeah, the 3rd Chapter of W2 was shockingly short but the ending itself was great, both with the dragon and Leto. Fight with dragon wasn't boring.
- Don't push hardware. Not sure what they're on about here, what's wrong with lowering the settings in the Options menu?
- Controller creep. Yes, yes, yes, hundred times yes. The controller creep was really distracting and made the game worse, especially the inventory. Nervertheless a controller friendly inventory and combat WILL be present in W3 because it WILL be a multiplatform game. That's one thing about the future we can be certain about. The question is if it's gonna be more bad or less bad.
- Consequences in-game. That's the least thing I would worry about. CDPR won't disappoint in that regard for sure.
- Open world. Big issue, I for one am ecstatic. W2 was terribly cramped and corridorish, W3 going open world is fantastic news. True, there's a concern if something won't get lost in translation...let's just hope CDPR is aware of this and won't let it happen.
- Get things right the first time? Sure, naturally.

-Geralt carving animation (would be bad ass and immersive)like Monster Hunter games from PSP & Wii
no more just clicking that brown bag you actually have to carve the creature to get the ingredients maybe there could be an extra gruesome animation for getting trophies from the carcass
-Geralt foraging animation while we're at it
-Monsters attempt to run away when they're weak and they're a bit hard to find
so you have to kill them fast before they escape.
-Monsters eat other creatures to gain health
If it successfully eluded you it feeds or sleeps to regain health. If you take to long you might have to wait till the next day.

these would be cool if they were added.

In The Witcher 3 I would like to see all important characters from the first two games, including Yayevinn, Iorveth, Roche, Abigail (or how was her name spelled) and all the others. I'd like to see what had happened to them since the first two games, how they have changed, how my choices had affected them and what they do now.

Other than that, I just want a game with an interesting storyline and convincing characters -- that's the most important thing for me.

It's going to be difficult to include some of the characters from the first two games as different decisions may mean that the individuals have died. It would mean that your save game from the Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 need to be imported. The developers would have write a number of scenes that would not be able to have much relevance to how the main story plays out, as you may or may not trigger them depending upon previous choices, simple because of the great variety of the different outcomes that are possible up to this point with regards to all of those "important characters".

Hello!

This is my first post! :D/>/>/> Im kind of a newcomer, have only played witcher 2, but of course I want to contribute to the wishlist whilst I have the chance!

By reading other threads I have noticed that many have different opinions about, to which degree fast travel should be implemented into the game. I get the feeling that this worry is connected peoples concern of how the "quest layout" in the game (on the map) will be. It's seems like some people want to avoid traveling a long time consuming distans just for a minor task/quest/reward or even for major once. However you in the end deal with this problem CDPR, Im sure it will be fine! :D/>/>/>

NOW to my wishes for TW3!
-A filter system for your quest list in the journal

Would be nice to be able to sort your main and sidequest by: order the are picked up in, quest name, etc. But most importantly by location! I think this will be a good combination for how ever way you decide to solve the problem described above. Say you have picked up a minor sidequest that is located far away from the region where most of your other quests are. One way to maybe tackle these sorts of situations is by not follow up on that sidequest
immediately, but to wait until the main story line takes you to a nearer vicinity of that sidequest. If you decide to play the game this way, then I think the player could benifit form a location filter for the quests. Arrive in a new town? Just pull up the quest list and check if you have any old sidequest located in the area :)/>/>/>

-A grab mechanic in combat

To be able to grab enemies in combat in some way (mabye just for a few seconds). Maybe through a well timed klick of a button when they are not parrying or out of balance or something. The player could use this by for example doing a instant kill by slitting the enemy's throat(and mabye other awesome kills) or by making the grabed enemy block incoming blows and/or arrows! Could be awesome! :D/>/>/>

-Dragon's Dogma styled boss fights!!!

Haven't played that game :p/>/>/> but saw Angry joe's review of the game a while back and it looked F**king AWESOME! XD would love to be able to charge a big monster, like a troll "merry/pippin-style" climbing around cutting and stuff! />/>/> ... mabye I shouldn't bring up hobbits when talking about geralt though haha :p/>/>/>

Agent_Blue

guipit said:

Monsters attempt to run away when they're weak and they're a bit hard to find

-Monsters eat other creatures to gain health

I think #1 is essential. It just must be in.
#2 is a great idea! Really creative. It would certainly add complexity.

- Saskia
- more equipment choices, from rare to common
- more stats manipulation/ character build complexities
- more romance option
- permanent female follower/s

It would be really great then.

Since the developers are trying to incorporate even more stuff from the books, how about having Geralt's face change slightly after he drinks a potion?

About dialogue:

1) Please make the choices the actual full answer when possible and when not at least explain it more accurately, it can be quite misguiding, and bring back actual mutually exclusive answers that make geralt take a standing or support an argument, not letting the player choose always what geralt wants but rather how or why he wants it so it doesnt break the character.

2)Answers that involve lying or decieve characters for different purposes, character might buy it or not, be offended etc.

3)Make intimidating or persuading just like lying, not actually dependant on a skill but dependant on a set amount of dialogue choices with different reasons and points, and also who is geralt speaking with, He should be able to try to convince or intimidate almost anyone important but fail maybe. Closer to how Deus Ex HR is in key moments.

4)Make characters and Geralt ALWAYS SAY SOMETHING, conversations should literally exist, not like clicking a vendor and just having the menu appear without a single word involved or getting responses from npcs when geralt actually said nothing. We're supposed to be controlling a person, not a dialogue triggering tool.

5)Geralt should be able to ask questions even after the entire "main" conversation ended or advanced, or the subject to wich they belonged to passed.

Darspiron said:
Since the developers are trying to incorporate even more stuff from the books, how about having Geralt's face change slightly after he drinks a potion?

Hell yeah. I want the 52 and a half face when he's doped up. Would be awesome.

Since we're getting a bearded Geralt, I definitely also think that we should bring on moustache Geralt.

C'mon CDPR, don't let me down.

warthriller said:
I would personally want to see:
-A multiplayer duel mode where players can 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 each other. (although with signs, this would probably be hard to incorporate. Perhaps players would all be generic soldiers that do not have signs.)

-A well-developed sneak system.

-The ability to purchase property.

-Fast-Travel

These are just some quick things I thought of that I would want to see, what about you guys?
Please don't make CDPR think that this is what the majority of the players want to see,CDPR should stick with the no MP singleplayer story experience.

Darspiron said:

maybe they didn't implement this because it looks weird in cutscenes?

I think Geralt will have to drink like 3-4 potions before this takes effect.

guipit said:
maybe they didn't implement this because it looks weird in cutscenes?

I think Geralt will have to drink like 3-4 potions before this takes effect.

He's a goddamn mutant, a freak of magic and science. He should look freaky after quaffing some potions.

slimgrin said:
He's a goddamn mutant, a freak of magic and science. He should look freaky after quaffing some potions.

Not sayin he shouldn't. If Geralt looks freaky after downing potion goes into town then talks to some peasants wouldn't they have to acknowledge how extra freaky looking Geralt is?

Imagine some of the cutscenes in TW2 with Geralt in freaky mode like talking to Shilard in the neutral path with Roche. It'd be weird if NPC's didn't acknowledge it. If it suddenly disappeared during cutscenes then Geralt seems like he's doing some sort of Kegels thing to stop it which is funny.

This thread is massive so its probably been mentioned before, but that's all the better. This was one of the mot awesome moments in a game ever, when the village elder told a story to the people of Lobinden around a fire. Mena Elves sitting around the fire hearing a story about Geralt (and my
) deeds. Moments like these should defiantly be in TW3 (I'm not worried. I bet they are
)

IceEpicX said:
Please don't make CDPR think that this is what the majority of the players want to see,CDPR should stick with the no MP singleplayer story experience.

I agree but his saying the ability to purchase property to live with loved ones is fun too.

Glaroug said:
This thread is massive so its probably been mentioned before, but that's all the better. This was one of the mot awesome moments in a game ever, when the village elder told a story to the people of Lobinden around a fire. Mena Elves sitting around the fire hearing a story about Geralt (and my
) deeds. Moments like these should defiantly be in TW3 (I'm not worried. I bet they are
)

How in the hell did I never notice this? That's awesome.
And while we're on the subject of NPCs, if it hasn't been mentioned already, it would be nice if they don't mouth off their one line of dialogue every time I get within 10 meters of them. I don't think any of us liked hearing children asking about the witcher's two swords, or the the dwarf thinking about joining the army after a dozen times.

Top Bottom