The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
esaurifuso said:
Also using signs like Aard or Igni while on a horse would be cool, don't you think? Using Aard to unsaddle someone or burn a pack of enemies while the horse runs. Cool, wouldn't it be?

Think about it, please!
Not sure about this one. It would look a bit weird.

Kallelinski said:
Well, did you? He told the truth. Without the sorcerers the North had already lost to Nilfgaard.

yeah, i did read all of them in fact.
and it was perfectly clear to me that the Sorcerers of the Lodge and Vilgefortz just wanted to stablish their own government.. specially Francesca Findabair, Sheala de Tancarville, Philippa Eilhart, Margarita Laux-Antille, Assire Var Anahid and Sabrina Glevissig...
the north has monarchies, but with the sorceres, it would not be a fairy democratic happy land, it would be an aristocracy, wich means that the "most capable" or the richest, or the most influencial, or the most powerfull magic users in this case, rule over the others.. that´s not at all better than a monarchy...
so to me, they are all the same kind of people...
and if you have read the books, you´d know that Geralt is not alligned (or tries not to be alligned) with the kings nor with the sorcerers...

PabloQ said:
yeah, i did read all of them in fact.
and it was perfectly clear to me that the Sorcerers of the Lodge and Vilgefortz just wanted to stablish their own government.. specially Francesca Findabair, Sheala de Tancarville, Philippa Eilhart, Margarita Laux-Antille, Assire Var Anahid and Sabrina Glevissig...
the north has monarchies, but with the sorceres, it would not be a fairy democratic happy land, it would be an aristocracy, wich means that the "most capable" or the richest, or the most influencial, or the most powerfull magic users in this case, rule over the others.. that´s not at all better than a monarchy...
so to me, they are all the same kind of people...
and if you have read the books, you´d know that Geralt is not alligned (or tries not to be alligned) with the kings nor with the sorcerers...

You can't know how the future would be with them as ruling power, especially changing from a monarchy to an aristocracy, maybe they are indeed better than the kings. They actually want equal rights for humans and non-humans, and they already showed that they can handle politics, they are already dozen of years consultants of the kings.

PabloQ said:

And i am really thankful for that, i didn't like to be forced into the whole politics, if i want it, ok, but don't force me to it. TW1 did that better.

I think "siding with them" is the wrong phrase, the lodge is gone anyway, so you can't side with that secret organization anyway, but why not support the conclave? The Brotherhood/conclave was never really a bad institution.

Since there WILL be the fast travel option in the game, I've a request regarding the map of the world.
Please DO NOT put icons on the map of already discovered places on the map like in some game that shall remain nameless, instead when we discover a place we can fast travel to, (if it will be a hand-drawn map) make it appear seamlessly on the map as a part of the picture, like it belongs there, as if it was a part of that map to begin with, just no icons please, maps don't look like that in that time...

Also (if it will be a hand-drawn map) it would be a cool idea to have some kind of a real-time view of it (Far Cry 2 is the only game that I can think of right now that I've seen it kinda of being implemented in). For example when we view the map, it would be cool to see Geralt holding it and moving his hand and pointing his finger over the whatever point our mouse is going to by following it, or at least make it so that there's an animation for him opening the map, and then we would go to "the map mode/menu/screen". But please DON'T choose the easy way out. Make this game as unique as possible and as immersible as possible. Because those things are what other games are lacking and it looks like you guys can deliver it.

Maybe I should have added my wish in this thread instead? Sorry if I messed up !

As a big fan of TW2 and open world games I'm super excited about TW3!

One of my biggest issues with TW2 was the somewhat clumsy gamepad implementaion. Choosing powers through a menu wheel was too fiddly imo and disrupted the combat flow. I hope TW3 can learn from Arkham City and implement quick access for all powers (a trigger + facebutton). At least the five standard powers and throwing knives should just be a button tap away. This would greatly enhance flow and control of combat.

Thanks for the awesome work, Cheers!

Hey all Witcher fans.

New in here, just finished TW2 and have to admit I love the game though with a few dislike too.

Here Is some of my hopes for improvements in the upcoming Witcher 3 game

1: more fluent combat, I hate the fact that you have camera control and target switch in the same joystick, It is so annoying when you face Multiple foes and can´t get a good angle on your surroundings/enemy without switching targets.

2: More open world. that you can return to a specific place or town and not have ongoing quests fail simply because you moved on, so to speak.

3: better target lock movement and dodge roll. By that I mean that Geralt keeps facing his target even dodge rolling, it is so fail that every time you dodgeroll or backroll he faces away from his target and gets hit. I think its weird that the only game so far that has THE best target lock is Zelda: Ocarina of Time.. No other game comes close to Zelda OoT, in that game you have the best overview when you targetlock, both front And behind the hero
The dodge roll should be just that, a dodge roll, where you can dive out of the way of the enemies reach, it shouldnt be a somersault where you keep getting hit, a dodge roll should be just that, where you dodge out of the way and not get hit.

4:Weapons and finishers. It would be nice to have more variety in weapons in the form of spears, bow and arrow or maybe a 1 handed crossbow for ranged armed with sleeping darts for example, halberds, maces , morning stars.
It would be nice to have finishers a lot earlier in the game so you can experiment more with one´s playstyle (see the new tombraider :) )

5: NO multiplayer. Please do NOT put MP in the game I never understood why every single player franchise has to get MP, It didnt work for Dead Space, Uncharted or Tomb Raider, now I know I might be a bit biased since I dont play multiplayer since I feel it inhibits me in the game of getting achivemements/trophies, so plz no Online Achievements /trophy.

6: New Game Plus. I hope this will be featured in TW3 since I think its lame that you do all this "work" of getting the best gear, weapons and what not, and then you only get to keep it for maybe the last 30-45 minutes of the game, it just never seems to be worth the effort when you have the best armor and sword but you only get to have it for 2, maybe 3 quests left in the game.

7: Being able to be stealthy by choice and not only when the quest tells you to. It would be cool to be able to sneak up on ppl and either knock them out or slash their throat.

8: change Geralt/Companion skins. I always thought it would be cool to change the companions apperance, always thought Vernon Roche looked weird with that hat/helmet think on his head or wish I could take the hood off of Geralt since it looked silly but the armor ir was attached to, looked cool or Triss´s hair could be changed into maybe a simple ponytail. maybe something one could unlock through out the game.

Well thats some of the hopes I have for The Witcher 3. I can´t wait for this game to come out.

Keep up the excellent work :)

About a couple of things, espesially about your idea of new weapons, remember that the developers need to stay true (to a certain degree) to the lore from the books that the games are based on. As an example, giving Geralt a halberd would not make sense in any way.
In addition to that, changing skins of companions? This makes a lot more sense in Skyrim, where you control your housecarl, or a guy that owes you a favour, but in TW? It would be far from realistic if Geralt could decide what Roche or Iorveth should be wearing?

By the way, how often do the "big guys" check this topic? And when they do, do they just scroll trough the topic, and if something catches their eyes that they think it would be a great idea, then they think about it? Or do they have a dude that's on duty for that kind of stuff and carefully reads all the posts? And also if they see something that they really like do they immediately go and see how it would be implemented in the game, or do they just consider it and put it on the "maybe list"?

Dalladrion said:
By the way, how often do the "big guys" check this topic? And when they do, do they just scroll trough the topic, and if something catches their eyes that they think it would be a great idea, then they think about it? Or do they have a dude that's on duty for that kind of stuff and carefully reads all the posts? And also if they see something that they really like do they immediately go and see how it would be implemented in the game, or do they just consider it and put it on the "maybe list"?

I'm not sure how CDPR goes through our posts here, but there are at least a few people browsing the forum for sure.

About implementing new features, I remember the Arena Mode suggestion, made on the GOG forums soon after the game's launch. And boom - we got it in patch 2.0 I think, a few months later.

Kallelinski said:
You can't know how the future would be with them as ruling power, especially changing from a monarchy to an aristocracy, maybe they are indeed better than the kings. They actually want equal rights for humans and non-humans, and they already showed that they can handle politics, they are already dozen of years consultants of the kings.

do you think that the quality of a government depends on the person in charge? well, not only you are not interested in politics, you don´t understand it...
Anyone, ANYONE who rules over others by ANY REASON other than those others freely and indepently wanting so, it´s not a good ruler.. specially when the ones who have to decide so, are manipulated.. (like media control and propaganda for instance..)

Kallelinski said:
And I am really thankful for that, i didn't like to be forced into the whole politics, if i want it, ok, but don't force me to it. TW1 did that better.

well i think the whole world could use being a little forced into politics.. they are a basic part of the human life, and deny it, only makes people easier to control and manipulate by those who dedicate their lives to it...

Kallelinski said:
I think "siding with them" is the wrong phrase, the lodge is gone anyway, so you can't side with that secret organization anyway, but why not support the conclave? The Brotherhood/conclave was never really a bad institution.

what do you think the sorcerers are trying to do at the end of TW2?
if you don´t think that a auto-selected, reduced and secret group of people trying to control the world, the countries and the pople living in them is not a bad institution.. then you need to be a little more into politics...

by no means what i´m saying should be taken as a criticism on you personally, to me, this discussion is ment in good terms..
english is not my mother language, so somethings could come out wrong, but i do not have bad intentions..
regards..

PabloQ said:
do you think that the quality of a government depends on the person in charge? well, not only you are not interested in politics, you don´t understand it...
Anyone, ANYONE who rules over others by ANY REASON other than those others freely and indepently wanting so, it´s not a good ruler.. specially when the ones who have to decide so, are manipulated.. (like media control and propaganda for instance..)

by no means what i´m saying should be taken as a criticism on you personally, to me, this discussion is ment in good terms..
english is not my mother language, so somethings could come out wrong, but i do not have bad intentions..
regards..

Yeah, of course, no bad intentions, i even encourage people to vote to change something, to do something for a change of politics, but never mind, i am just a pleb.

You do know we are talking about a video game and not about the real life situation in our world? It's never a good idea to compare the real world with a video game, ever.

We have to see it in the context of that fictional world not ours, they don't even know yet what a democracy is, because they never had one.

And you should maybe google anacyclosis.

PabloQ said:
what do you think the sorcerers are trying to do at the end of TW2?
if you don´t think that a auto-selected, reduced and secret group of people trying to control the world, the countries and the pople living in them is not a bad institution.. then you need to be a little more into politics...

Conclave/Brotherhood of Sorcerers

Lodge, Conclave, King's Counselors, welfare of humanity as a goal, magic power (or Gods' power), no own family allowed. Only we need to wear all sorceress of the conclave in purple... /> Oh! no! it's true! Women cannot! ;)/>/ (I'm kidding)

Of course they are no saints, but they have better goals than "i have to conquer upper aedirn, because it belonged 100 years ago to my kingdom", Philippa just used the wrong means.

You know what i mean ^^

Concerning the mini games... It would be cool if you could gain (in some of them or if they're unique/ 1 of a kind) some special items that would be otherwise unobtainable, like some rare crafting materials, ingredients, trophies, or maybe some kind of an cloth accessory that doesn't add any kind of stats to your character, but is there just for the visual appeal. What say you?

Kallelinski said:
Yeah, of course, no bad intentions, i even encourage people to vote to change something, to do something for a change of politics, but never mind, i am just a pleb.
hey, i said english is not my mother language.. in my country is no insult to say someone does not understand something..
and to respond to what i think you tryed to say.. it´s not wrong for someone to encourage others into get involved, think, judge by themselves and if they want so, vote... that´s not the same to forcing others to vote for what you want..
come on, there are grays in between... you know it´s not black or white..

Kallelinski said:
You do know we are talking about a video game and not about the real life situation in our world? It's never a good idea to compare the real world with a video game, ever.

We have to see it in the context of that fictional world not ours, they don't even know yet what a democracy is, because they never had one.
of course i know it.. but the more realistic the game (or any story at all), the better it is... i´m not saying it should be historically acurate.. i´m saying it should make sense, and be realistic... some may say "it´s fantasy, you can do whatever you want and it´s allright".. well, i don´t think so.. there are tons of fantasy stories with twisted crappy logic that just does not make sense.. on the other hand we have Tolkien, Martin, Tad Williams.. and a guy named Sapkowski.. who actually try and give their fantasy stories realistic, adult and deep characteristics...
Kallelinski said:
And you should maybe google anacyclosis.
name one society that has had a monarchy after a democracy, or even an ochlocracy... human kind history has not ever completed one of such cycles.. and of course, by the time the witcher is set, they do not know democracy, that´s why i do not expect them to try to get one.. but that does not mean we (at present day) should think either a monarchy or an aristocracy are good things just because the people persuin either are cooler or nicer...

Kallelinski said:
Conclave/Brotherhood of Sorcerers

Here are my expectations to make game more realistic w/o hampering the gameplay
- Not allowed to enter NPC home at night and speak with them, they lock their doors at night right. Also they have a family life, noone wants it to be disturbed
- Not pick gold/weapon/etc from occupied houses. People live there. Witcher is not a thief.
- Furniture interact as objects. Fixed chairs, tables etc. do not make sense. They should be susceptıble to Aard at least
- Related side quests. If I succeed/failed in a side quests it should cause/prevent another side quest. This will increase replayibilty too. Everytime I can decide different side quests. Also losing a side quest may open new possibilities.
- Better potion handling. W2 tried sth new but it is not very efficiebt, please improve it.
- Much more end items and items. Much variety too.
- Allow us to play longer when witcher is maxed. Not just for 1-2 quests.
- Bigger cities with more persons. Please improve NPS apperance with much variety as possible. Actually hire a few people to make tons of NPS characters and put them on game. They are few in variety in W2.
- More realistic and Mature game please. W2 was in right direction.

The chance to make Phillipa die in a grisly horrible death that is satisfying and LOOOOONNGGG!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA...

Is there any contact information/form filling/discussion that someone can use in order to send his comments to the developers of Witcher?

Nevertheless i will add a few comments and thoughts regarding Witcher 3.

1) BRING BACK THE GOTHIC FEELING. Witcher-1 was amazing with that gothic dark taste, i loved it, but in W2 they completely removed it.

2) Would be nice if the night/day could be graphically distinguished . In the first hours i was playing W2 , i couldn't tell the difference if there was night or day. In W1 you were able to understand that it was night simply because ...you were f***n SCARED!!!

3) Bring back the old gameplay system..but i know if you do that you will not be able to release the game in console.

4) Free world discovery - platfrom...like Skyrim !

5) Bring back the many different choices of the lore-quests. W1 had by faaar more choices on the quests compare to the W2.

Comments for....other comments ( warning: i might sound arrogant but i am sorry ..... i really love this game)

a) For those who want more action gameplay, GO AND PLAY DEVIL MAY CRY ...NOT WITCHER. This game started as an RPG adventure NOT AS A SHOOTER/SLICER ACTION GAME.

b ) For those who want more stealth...GO AND PLAY SPLINTER CELL...NOT WITCHER.

Top Bottom