The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
So, is strafing and backpedaling going to be in the game? I hated the fact that to go left, right, or take a few steps back, Geralt would turn his entire body and face away from the enemy. Even when locked on!
I am not fan of that. Scenario when you are 1 vs 1 yes. but when you face 10 nekkers jumping on you from every direction.. it would be annoying when you are locked to one and can't run away..

People are cruel they would right away say "look they are ripping of dark souls now"

I am not fan of that. Scenario when you are 1 vs 1 yes. but when you face 10 nekkers jumping on you from every direction.. it would be annoying when you are locked to one and can't run away..

People are cruel they would right away say "look they are ripping of dark souls now"

Easily solved. Lock-on vs no lock-on.

In W2, locking on did nothing, and you could still target without locking on. Nobody turns around and exposes their back (and blind spot) in the middle of combat. That's just stupid. Even more so if there are multiple assailants. The only time you turn and run is if you're not planning to face them anymore and you're just trying to sprint out of there. In the Nekker example you provided, you wouldn't be locking on any way.

In any case, I don't think Dark Souls is the first to implement lock-on strafing. In any case, Geralt can strafe in cutscenes (he does so in the fight against Auckes and Serrit), so it doesn't make sense that he has to RUN left to move left, and RUN right to move right, all the while exposing an undefended flank -- especially since in W2, Geralt took 200% damage from the back until you got the perk.

Last edited:
Easily solved. Lock-on vs no lock-on.

In W2, locking on did nothing, and you could still target without locking on. Nobody turns around and exposes their back (and blind spot) in the middle of combat. That's just stupid. Even more so if there are multiple assailants. The only time you turn and run is if you're not planning to face them anymore and you're just trying to sprint out of there. In the Nekker example you provided, you wouldn't be locking on any way.

In any case, I don't think Dark Souls is the first to implement lock-on strafing. In any case, Geralt can strafe in cutscenes (he does so in the fight against Auckes and Serrit), so it doesn't make sense that he has to RUN left to move left, and RUN right to move right, all the while exposing an undefended flank -- especially since in W2, Geralt took 200% damage from the back until you got the perk.

Yes, as longest you dont play on harder difficulty when they can one shot you when you get too close. I can imagine in TW3 enemies will be harder to beat and Geralt doesnt have a shield to block heavy blows. I don't mind locking and walking left to right (it will look silly) if we can still lock on someone and run between enemies just in case we have to run away from the spot we are in etc.

Yes, as longest you dont play on harder difficulty when they can one shot you when you get too close. I can imagine in TW3 enemies will be harder to beat and Geralt doesnt have a shield to block heavy blows. I don't mind locking and walking left to right (it will look silly) if we can still lock on someone and run between enemies just in case we have to run away from the spot we are in etc.

Actually I played the game on Dark, which is why it really bothered me that Geralt turned around in the middle of combat. In any case, Geralt can't outrun ANY of the non-human enemies in the game, so turning head and running in the middle of combat doesn't make any sense -- dodge-roll was the way to avoid attacks or to reposition the character to avoid being surrounded.

Furthermore, on Dark, especially in Act 1, Geralt if a single nekker warrior hit connected on the back, it was game over.

IMO, there's no reason why Geralt should ever face away from the enemy IF the player chooses to lock-on, especially since free-targeting is already available if you don't lock on. Nekkers were nearly impossible to deal with 1 at a time -- engaging one after the other in free targeting was the easiest way.

Last edited:
When I read that I thought about Hobbit 2 film. they will defo do some nice easter eggs thats for sure :)

Well, I thought about some other Golden Dragon... and I know most of you guys know which one I mean ;]... one which can be one of main characters in fact.

Last edited:
From what i have read about w3, it is going to be THE game ive always wanted to play: massive open world + interesting storyline .
Yet, I dont know a single game which combines those 2 aspects perfectly, for example skyrims world is insane, but the story boring as f
W2 has very interesting plot and charakters, but lacks open-world experience.

There is only one remaining aspect i would love to see in a game like this: a good RNG-based crafting/item system, to have another long-term motivation of defeating enemies for their loot and exploring the world. In case u dont know what i mean, in my op. the perfect example for this aspect is PathOfExile, even though i know that game is a completely different genre and is mostly build around its item/skill-system and cant ever be compared with W3.

Still, if anyone ever manage to unite open world+interesting plot+indepth item-system, i would probably never need to buy another game again.

Last edited:
If there was only one wish granted, I want "The Witcher III" to not be "casualized".

Let me explain that a little: There has been an annoying trend in the gaming industry to dumb things down to a minimum. In a lot of cases games that could have been great turn out to be simple button-mashers and no real challenge at all. Granted, there was a "dark mode" added in TW2, but only after they made it very easy compared to the original TW2. Yes, I did like the original versions difficulty. I had to watch my step and not just kill anything with one swing.

Furthermore there is also a tendency to get rid of anything where a player himself - and not the character he is playing - has to think on his own. I cant be the only one who feels that "clicking a single button to solve a mystery" is not satisfying whatsoever.

Although CDPR did a great job in their previous witcher games, there also was this trend and my greatest fear is, that in the 3rd part it might just become another "casual-game".

So what do I wish for ? I wish for CDPR to still have the guts not to dumb things down !!

Cheers
Pargulan

The Witcher 3 should feature playable characters other than Geralt.
For Instance: I want to play as Yennefer instead of watching a video or a character like Letho telling me of what happened to her when Geralt lost his memory. In this way any player can connect more to the game's story.

Also,

I want the Geralt's body color to change with the potions which he takes. Like the veins showing up or Shining eyes during the Gameplay. Also, I want the monsters to have the ability to disable the senses of Geralt like the entire screen going blurry, Black or no sound for a while.

I want Vampires, Fairies and Mermaids in the game along with a lot of previous game characters making their appearance.

Finally, I want a poster of scantily clad Triss Merigold with every standard copy of The Witcher 3 game on any platform.

Last edited:
Mode to support Oculus Rift. Maybe just exploring mode from FPP without mosters in specific area of the game with awesome visuals.

- deep snow? in some areas up to ankles or knees?
- snow reflects sun shine? some light effects perhaps?
- npc's can slip on the wet or icy surface?

just a random thoughts.. :)

Wishes of my soul:
-Geralt who looks like the Geralt from W1/W2 NOT WITH BEARD Q_Q
-Grand Master Siergfried returns
-Kalkstein;Killing the Emperor :DDDD;Talar;Travelling with Dandelion like Geralt was in the books
-More interactions with important guys and girls like Triss, Roche,

Wishes of my soul:
-Geralt who looks like the Geralt from W1/W2 NOT WITH BEARD Q_Q
-Grand Master Siergfried returns
-Kalkstein;Killing the Emperor :DDDD;Talar;Travelling with Dandelion like Geralt was in the books
-More interactions with important guys and girls like Triss, Roche,
Beard is epic. I am thinking about getting some unshaved/short beard look myself. Thanks PR :)

Going with the longest beard possible.
Ha let's hope we get a barber options e.g to grow it even longer then shown on the trailer :)

edit: I was thinking about clothing and armors, wonder if it would be good idea or would it be possible to find older used or dirty armors and capes with holes and visible damage. I mean, why do monsters or chests always have to drop brand new shiny gear like it was made 5 minutes ago.. It might be heavy for the engine or performance to include but why everyone in every game is wearing clean cloths etc.
:hmm:

Last edited:
I just watched the 30-minute gameplay video of DA:I, and there were two small ideas I liked there.

1) Movement affected by terrain. There was a point where the Inquisitor was walking around a hill and in a pretty steep area he slowed down, leaned towards the hill itself and his arms stretched out a bit for balance and such. Or another section where he entered a bog by accident, and suddenly every step was heavy and burdened.
2) Flowing conversations. You didn't have to enter "talk mode" and be locked in place. You could just walk up to someone and the conversation-options would appear on your screen, but you weren't frozen in space. There aren't any "transitions" between modes, because all-is-one, so to speak.

Two small things, but I liked those details. Particularly the terrain.

Top Bottom