The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I think that is a fair request. press the pause button on your keyboard to pause the game but still show the screen. There are many features you can implement in the pc-version as the keyboard has a lot of buttons. However, since it is a multi-platform game, the game is limited by the amount of buttons there are on a controller.

Thanks for your answering dear senteria but i wanna know what did you mean by saying that you can perform many things in the Pc version of the witcher 2?
if there is anyway that i could somehow make the subtitles freeze On the screen while looking up the word in dictionary,i'd really be thankful ,and as im totally sure,So would be many people.

Thanks for your answering dear senteria but i wanna know what did you mean by saying that you can perform many things in the Pc version of the witcher 2?
if there is anyway that i could somehow make the subtitles freeze On the screen while looking up the word in dictionary,i'd really be thankful ,and as im totally sure,So would be many people.

Well what I meant is a keyboard has more keys to assign things to than a controller. I know in the witcher 1 you have the spacebar. I don't know about TW2, though maybe a mod can be made to help you out. It should not be that hard? I think?

And who the hell is gonna make that mode?
anybody here kind enough just to make me some kinda piece of feces mode,espcially unpaid?
just damn this language i have to get along with.

And who the hell is gonna make that mode?
anybody here kind enough just to make me some kinda piece of feces mode,espcially unpaid?
just damn this language i have to get along with.
Pro tip: Take a screenshot, press Esc, Alt+Tab, look at screenshot (it's going to have the subtitles on it), look up the word in question, Alt+Tab back to the game and resume playing. A bit of a hassle but it should work.

Or just have a pen and some paper lying next to your keyboard. A single word shouldn’t be hard to memorize long enough to write it down. At least that’s how I do it (since I’m not a native speaker either).

The Sword of Destiny said:
The ranger fired an arrow in her direction without success. The others began to move. Arranged in a semicircle, they drew their bows and took arrows from their quivers. Geralt, kneeling, extended his fingers to form the Aard sign, not at the too-distant archers but at the sand of the path before them, which blinded them in the whirlwind.

That's a pretty cool image. Using Signs on the environment in tough battles, whether when outnumbered or simply against a single yet strong foe, sounds like a lot of fun. Blowing up sand, collapsing trees...

Last edited:
Can TW3 have some sort of collision system implemented? in many games if you swing your sword next to the wall or a tree and your sword and body goes inside it like its nothing there. Weapon should bonce back once it hit the wall just like it bounce back after hitting the enemy shield.

View attachment 1856
Dear Santa-Geralt.
I wanna bicycle, a pony, worldpeace, blue-ray player, new pairs of socks and perfect Witcher 3 game to release this year!

Anyway, if you are reading this, OH great and mighty makers of this game, I only suggest/wish that you remember to also focus on nice little details in the story and gameplay of Witcher 3. They are almost as important as the great and epic ones I think.
The fact that you are trying to make Geralts horse a character like any other is great news and I hope the horse will have possible role in some quests and reactions in cutscenes as well as impact on Geralts life. One such nice little detail regarding the horse could be the ability to pat the animal or decision (maybe with massive story impact :teeth:) to give last piece of food from your bag to him or such.

A lot of nice little gameplay elements and decisions regarding everydays life as traveller is I quess what I am saying.
If in some quest Geralt ends up in middle of nowhere there could be a decision with consuquences to make camp and stay a night in that place.If some quest dictates that Geralt has to spend a night in a tavern you could decide how much you would enjoy yourself by eating a hot meal, shaving your beard, taking a bath sleeping late etc etc.
Fishing would also be nice, maybe not as a complete minigame but occasional decision to do and it could sometimes lead to unexpected side-quests.

Anything that could help players to immerse into the game world.

Attachments

• Santa Geralt.jpg
    Santa Geralt.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 43
I'd like:

- More drugs, and people who visibly use them in places

- Fast travel disabled option

- A stricter weight limit, as realistic as possible. No more 6 invisible swords and 7 sorts of armor in inventory, for instance. Storage on horse, but you'd have to carry it to the horse while holding it in your hands. I kinda liked the system in TW1, where you could only carry swords and other weapons in slots

- To ditch major companions if we don't like them. I don't like Triss for instance. Maybe a system similar to Dragon Age: Origins: If you have enough disagreements, people piss off. I understand that the major companions also have a part to play, and we'll keep seeing them / working with them if need be, but if we don't like them, why talk to them.
(I already made clear in TW1 that i didn't want anything with Triss. Yet when i start up TW2, i'm banging her. Not sure why.)

Last edited:
Can TW3 have some sort of collision system implemented? in many games if you swing your sword next to the wall or a tree and your sword and body goes inside it like its nothing there. Weapon should bonce back once it hit the wall just like it bounce back after hitting the enemy shield.
While this would be nice I’m not sure how big of a chance this has of being implemented (at least in the current game). From what I’ve seen their engine and animations don’t support this as of yet since they are very static. They’d probably have to rewrite a lot of code to make this happen.

I wish there was a medieval barber to cut (for cutting) or change (for changing) Geralt's hair style and especially his beard. THX

Fight Club? Why do we have to fight to earn money? why can't we just bet on chosen NPC and let him fight. You bet 50 orens and watch short fist fight in the cage or ring. Fighters might get odds 5-1 or 15-1 so you might win a lot of money or loose a lot. But nothing is certain since this is a fist fight. You can always come and bet on the fight regarding the time.

Why not fully armed fight club version as well e.g 2 knights vs 5 peasant? Pirates vs thieves or warriors vs monsters.. you can also fight in the arena if you so desire but you dont have to or just relax and keep on betting, maybe rank system?

black people
I also thought about it. It's a video game so I guess they could and maybe should add at least one or two black characters in the game as quest hubs.

Just to clarify medieval Europe didn't have any black people, well maybe in the south like Portugal or Italy but I don't think they were Christian at all, if any they were Muslim, reason why you don't see any black people knights in any games, books or movies. I think first black people came to Europe around 14th century.

But they could create some cool characters just for sake of it, perhaps not just man warriors etc. but woman as well?

I also thought about it. It's a video game so I guess they could and maybe should add at least one or two black characters in the game as quest hubs.

Just to clarify medieval Europe didn't have any black people, well maybe in the south like Portugal or Italy but I don't think they were Christian at all, if any they were Muslim, reason why you don't see any black people knights in any games, books or movies. I think first black people came to Europe around 14th century.

But they could create some cool characters just for sake of it, perhaps not just man warriors etc. but woman as well?

There's Zerrikania. Zerrikania has warrior women with tattoos and swords, dragon worshippers, crazy alchemists, horses with stripes, flies that crawl up your nose; it's not Africa, but it will do instead. There should be Zerrikanians in a cosmopolitan city like Novigrad.

@saoe Well, I'm not black, but I'm European and well... I'm pretty sure there were some Africans in Europe during Medieval times, even far North. Never in many numbers, but hell... merchants, slaves, mercenaries. People move all the time. There are many artworks from Ancient Greece and Rome depicting them. There is this whole blog on Tumblr - medievalpoc is its name I believe, where the guy/gal basically digs up all European art that has depicted blacks.

Sure some of it is dodgy [suggesting that Polish Madonna of Częstochowa is actually Black, not just painted in Byzantine style, constant equating ancient North Africans, Carthagnians and so on as "people of color" or "black", which is baloney] and not even sourced properly, but then there are those where there is no doubt who they depict.

And on the matter of people of colour in the Witcher. I don't know. We had Javed from Zerrikania, so there is some base for that, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Witcher is a fantasy world, where all opressed groups, some based on the real people of our world, were replaced by "non-humans" - elves, dwarves, halflings who are traditionally depicted as white [because they are European creations, duh...].

Boy, oh, boy. I smell me some discussion on race issues !

I agree with Zerikanians but I would not push black people into game. Also Witcher world is already racist as it is. People don´t give a shit about beign racist over there(some do of course).

Top Bottom