The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Just saw the E3 gameplay, it looks wonderful guys!!!
But a single thing which I don't like and I didn't like it in the Witcher 2 either, the camera.
I like the more close up "over the shoulder" camera from The Witcher 1, it's more atmospheric, I don't know why, but creators of Batman games or Resident Evil series probably know why they are using it. Please let us choose from several cameras, I know that when the player goes into combat it has to be zoomed out so the player will actually see what is going on around him and that's fine. That's how it works in Batman Arhkam games for example.
I know that it's a small thing, but it would make the game far more perfect in my eyes. Thank you very much for all your effort :victory:

Re-playing The Witcher 2 at the moment, and one thing that is very high up on my wishlist is definitely an interface designed for mouse and keyboard this time around, rather than a clunky console UI.

That tracking the griffin with the blood was genius.

I'd take this further by adding some Brown Oil tipped crossbow bolts. I really don't like how the crossbow looks on Geralt's back so I'd probably use it in the beginning and unequip it quickly. KEEP IT OPTIONAL

Another alternative would be to use a sharpnel bomb to make the griffin bleed with the spike covered in brown oil.

KEEP IT OPTIONAL

As you can see at the beginning of the demo, Geralt doesn't have the crossbow on his back and equips it especially for the griffin hunt. I think that I read somewhere that the crossbow in general was optional so you don't need to use (or carry) it at all. But I think that was a nice idea to track the griffin by making him bleed.

Companion characters you can bring on hunts and quests with you. The Witchers, Zoltan Or Triss. So it has that feel of the book where he wasn't always solitary
Rather than just specific quests like Witcher 2
For companions to have a greater number of abilities and skills
Loved what I saw at E3

Companion characters you can bring on hunts and quests with you. The Witchers, Zoltan Or Triss. So it has that feel of the book where he wasn't always solitary
Rather than just specific quests like Witcher 2
For companions to have a greater number of abilities and skills
Loved what I saw at E3
There should be at least one companion: Dandelion :)

I want to finally see the notorious Redanian Secret Service, said to be the best intelligence service in the Witcher world, in action.

Novigrad would provide such an opportunity. Being the seat of the Cult of Eternal Fire, I highly doubt Radovid doesn't have the city infested with Secret Service agents. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a few infiltrating the Order of the Flaming Rose already as well. It would be awesome to interact with one of them or several.

Feature request: adjustable movement speed on PC

So the console gamers can simply tilt the stick to adjust character's walking / running speed. With PCs it's always toggle run / walk. How come nobody since Splinter Cell: Double Agent is using mouse wheel to dynamically adjust movement speed? Would be really nice if TW3 had a feature like that for PC gamers. After all, you CDPR guys do state that you treat all gamers and all platforms the same. Thanks.

So the console gamers can simply tilt the stick to adjust character's walking / running speed. With PCs it's always toggle run / walk. How come nobody since Splinter Cell: Double Agent is using mouse wheel to dynamically adjust movement speed? Would be really nice if TW3 had a feature like that for PC gamers. After all, you CDPR guys do state that you treat all gamers and all platforms the same. Thanks.

It's not something ultra-important for me, if the mouse wheel is already being planned for something else, but if it could be done, I'd definitely like it (and use it).

This feature needs to be in the game for immersion reasons. After all, we are speaking about a role-playing game. Dialogues, choices, quests, living cities - it's all awesome, but you gotta be able to blend in with the world. However, simply switching between walk and run doesn't cut it because your usual walking is often too slow to actually get to places, even within towns. And sprinting around towns and cities makes the character look like an idiot. Therefore, just like gamepad / console players can adjust the speed, PC controls need to have this ability too.

The Inventory and stats pages should be properly implemented into the world for immersion. when the witcher sits at the fire, he could maybe look into a book or open a bag when on the road.

Last edited:
Will the game have controller support on PC?

Because I probably won't buy a new monitor until late next year so before that I'd probably enjoy The Witcher 3 more if I played it on my 55" TV and with an Xbox One controller..

Speaking of (in another thread) - and if it hasn't been mentioned already:
Animated cutscenes in the style of the flashback sequences in The Witcher 2. A considerable amount of them, if you please.

As already discussed, I'd like the ability to turn off the text (both names and dialogues) above NPC heads. I find it a bit of an immersion killer, especially in large cities and heavily populated areas.

Top Bottom