The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
i would say that id go against the lore, but geralt already has participated in tournaments, is gonna horse race, and is using a crossbow. so yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if Sir Geralt of Rivia decides to joust.

Altough I think King_Hochmeister is right, but who knows! We know that there will be horse racing, there is probably going to be fistfighting aswell, a sword tournement wouldn't be that impossible =P. Jousting however i don't think it will happend =x, the big jousting spear isn't really geralt's style, too heavy I think, while witchers usualy are agile and light. But we will need to see =P
:hmm:

I'm only taking part in this if Sir Silgrat's return is guaranteed. Noble Sir Silgrat is the only person in the world, that Geralt would fight alongside, in a knights tournament.

Altough I think King_Hochmeister is right, but who knows! We know that there will be horse racing, there is probably going to be fistfighting aswell, a sword tournement wouldn't be that impossible =P. Jousting however i don't think it will happend =x, the big jousting spear isn't really geralt's style, too heavy I think, while witchers usualy are agile and light. But we will need to see =P
:hmm:
tournament armor just tournament armour, nothing more)) game in game))

Yes, Geralt in the wait room before the combat with Nenneke.....

Last edited:
I have a couple wishes for the CDPR team.
1. If I've been to a place, it should be very well documented on my map. TW1 did this with the little circle things that you moused over to find out the name. TW2 just had a map. If it's a realism thing then look at my wish 1b.
1b. I'd love to be able to make notes on the map, especially map markers don't appear as you discover them ala wish 1. I know writing notes isn't really feasible on the console versions (no keyboards) but that's not really a reason to not have it on PC (or even consoles if a player really wants to take the time to write from a controller).
2. If I'm in one menu and I press a button to get to another menu I should be able to do that. In TW2 we had to exit all the way out of one menu, back into the game, and then enter another menu. Please reincorporate this. It's very annoying and (at least it feels) time-consuming.
3. Choice didn't seem to carry over from TW1 to TW2 in big ways. I'm fine with that, as long as they carry over and are incorporated in one way or another and not by getting a letter from somebody. That's just silly.
Of course, nothing's a deal breaker, more just things it'd be nice to have. I have faith that CDPR will make an excellent ending to The Witcher Trilogy.

PS: Also, while it's not really in your area, it'd be awesome if you could get an English audiobook version of the books going. I've yet to read them and I prefer to be the readee (not a word I guess ;) ) than the reader.

A fundamental requirement for PC

I just wanted to throw out there that for a portion of the population (its hard to find accurate figures as it varies from 5% to 20% in studies I have seen) console gaming still is not a realistic option due to the need to reduce field of view etc due to hardware limitations. Any port or developed for console game can be successful and playable but needs to have proper consideration of the field of view / aspect ratio. Nothing screams bad conversion like retaining a poor field of view or distorting textures to cope with a wider field of view.
Many great games have been ported very badly to the PC because they do not take this one fundamental issue into account. This has not gone away in next gen consoles.

The field of view / aspect ratio issue. Not many people who have gamed in 2560 x 1440 or 1600 or now days 4k resolutions can bear to go back to 1080 based resolutions or (god's protect us from old tech) 720p. For a significant portion of the population, gaming in aspect ratios which give the feeling of looking through a small mail box at the game environment induce very real motion sickness resulting in headaches and nausea. I am one of them.

I liked TW1 very much indeed but strongly disliked TW2 as to me, it felt it would have been happier without a person playing it. The choices and environment were just too limited and far to linear to appeal to me However, it was the FOV issue which meant I raised hell with steam for selling me a console game for my PC which I could not use. I was forced to stop playing almost immediately each time for which Steam was kind enough to give me a refund (a rare thing).

I see TW3 is going to be far more free to roam and explore which I applaud and am looking forward to a far more enjoyable game. If TW3 is as open as some early dev videos seem to indicate then TW3 could have the longevity and appeal of TW1 which is a great thing.

Please, nof "press" X or Press Y" when the prompt appears during boss fights too. I saw these later so wasn't too bothered that I never got to play it as this to me screams, "we couldnt make the actual combat work properly" so needed a solution for a boss encounter. I think this has been mostly whipped out for cross platform games now though so I am guessing there will be no retrograde maneuver on this.

Personally I think (and it pains me to say this about a company with such poor customer service) EA have it right. Designing games for the start of the art hardware then making platform specific choices from their so that each platform is full utilised to its potential.

Just my 10 cents. I have seen the videos and am getting excited about the game but see nothing really speaking to this fundamental point. So I thought I would raise it here.

The field of view / aspect ratio issue. Not many people who have gamed in 2560 x 1440 or 1600 or now days 4k resolutions can bear to go back to 1080 based resolutions or (god's protect us from old tech) 720p. For a significant portion of the population, gaming in aspect ratios which give the feeling of looking through a small mail box at the game environment induce very real motion sickness resulting in headaches and nausea. I am one of them.
I don't get what you're trying to say here. "Looking through a small mail box"? And as far as I know TW2 supported all these resolutions just fine. And while the camera was a bit up close to Geralt for my liking, the FoV issue was not as glaring as in other games.

I liked TW1 very much indeed but strongly disliked TW2 as to me, it felt it would have been happier without a person playing it.
Then you obviously didn't give the game a proper try. I never had this issue with TW2 (even though I still prefer TW1 over TW2).

The choices and environment were just too limited and far to linear to appeal to me
Uhm, compared to what? When it comes to choices, I think it did a better job than TW1. Especially when it comes to the one major choice that happens fairly early in the game, which is a complete game changer. As for environments being "limited". You liked TW1, I don't see how you wouldn't like TW2 then. Or maybe you didn't get past the prologue, after which the world opens up by a significant margin.

However, it was the FOV issue which meant I raised hell with steam for selling me a console game for my PC which I could not use. I was forced to stop playing almost immediately each time for which Steam was kind enough to give me a refund (a rare thing).
I understand the whole FoV issue for some people, but I personally know people with this issue and they didn't have problems with TW2 when it came to this aspect.

Please, nof "press" X or Press Y" when the prompt appears during boss fights too. I saw these later so wasn't too bothered that I never got to play it as this to me screams, "we couldnt make the actual combat work properly" so needed a solution for a boss encounter. I think this has been mostly whipped out for cross platform games now though so I am guessing there will be no retrograde maneuver on this.
If you're talking about TW2, you rarely saw QTEs(aside from the fighting mini-game and one(?) boss). But nonetheless the devs have assured us that TW3 will have absolutely no QTEs.

Personally I think (and it pains me to say this about a company with such poor customer service) EA have it right. Designing games for the start of the art hardware then making platform specific choices from their so that each platform is full utilised to its potential.
lolBF4
Furthermore:
I raised hell with steam for selling me a console game for my PC
Sorry but TW2 was more of a PC game than anything EA puts out nowadays. Aside from the UI, TW2 represents everything that PC gaming is all about.

Last edited:
Just wanted add an a small thing which I noticed while playing Witcher 2 yesterday.
If Geralt runs into camp fire he will get burned for about 4 secs duration, In that duration If He runs into water the flames don't get extinguished.
It would make more sense to get the flames extinguished by adding some steam effect as a burning geralt runs into water :D
also
In TW2 we cannot attack citizens, in witcher 3 I think we should be given an option to attack anyone or anything
or
Don't let Geralt unsheathe his sword or use magic against citizens or kids because it looks stupid when Geralt uses igni and nothing happens to citizens around him as if they have a magical invisible armour.

use magic against citizens or kids because it looks stupid when Geralt uses igni and nothing happens to citizens
You have freedom in Witcher, but that freedom only allows you to make choices Geralt would do as well. Whilst I would like complete freedom, like in Fallout New Vegas, where you can literally kill anyone except Yesman at a certain point, it still would be out of character for Geralt to set kids and old people on fire.

Devs said you can do stuff like that, but at a price because they have a new police system in TW3. For the few people who push Geralt to far, jail will be your new home.;)

Last edited:
Hm... well after the heating up discussion Triss/ Yennefer Choice again.... i had the thought...

Why we could not get in the CE package:

nude posters of Triss and Yen standing together over a burned Geralt

With a small writing beneath: anybody else ask for a threesome?!

THAT would be nice :D hehehehe

Hm... well after the heating up discussion Triss/ Yennefer Choice again.... i had the thought...

Why we could not get in the CE package:

nude posters of Triss and Yen standing together over a burned Geralt

With a small writing beneath: anybody else ask for a threesome?!

THAT would be nice :D hehehehe

Yes, I like threesomes in real life and I want them in this game!!! lol..
I hope the sex-scenes are a little longer and of better quality, add more footage & girls than TW2 had but without all that nasty pop-up & screen-tearing.;)

Top Bottom