The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
@Marcin Momot
Marcin, since tomorrow the new trailer will be released, which will once again create a huge spike in The Witcher hype around the world, does CDPR plan on simultaneously once again making timed heavy discounts on TW1 and TW2? This seems to be very reasonable from marketing perspective, since introducing these discounts on this occasion will make sure that people will learn about them, and they will buy TW1 and TW2. And the people who own TW1 and TW2 have an increased likelyhood of buying TW3 in the future.
Even more effective would be to use a couple of seconds at the end of the trailer to inform the people of such discounts.

@Marcin Momot
Thanks to CDPR for this videogame. It looks amazing. The books of Geralt of Rivia give me the self-confidence to face aspects of the daily life.
I always dream about that world when I was reading the books, and you guys, now bring the chance to trasport us to the northern kingdoms and be Geralt.
I have a doubt about the finish result of the game when someone suggest that the game will not be posible on XBOX ONE, but I believe in you.
I don't need that the game be better than the 35 minutes gameplay, I only want that the game looks like the demo. It would be a dream come true.
Thanks to all!!!!
And please forgive my horrible Inglish. I'm from spain :D

Wild alchemy possiblities.

I am not sure how extensive Geralts mutation ability with his potions in the books was; on account of only reading a few of the short stories. However with the new exploration, and more open environments I would love for these gifts to be pushed to the limit. I am talking growing gills to breath under water. being able to run as fast as a horse, being given supernatural dodging abilities, or being able create mixtures as potent as Letho's freezing spell with similar results.

One thing I realized I'd really like to see is a decent variation in tavern music.
2's tavern music was good, but iirc it was only one track compared to tw1 which had like 6 variations.

My only wish is... Letho!
I think he's in. You can see someone who looks like Letho in the Sword of Destiny trailer when it shows all The Witchers and also this mystery character is pretty big like Letho

I don't recall if I said this before, but I'd be real glad if the clipping in the sheathing animations were made less apparent. I know it's physically impossible to sheathe a sword like that, but the clipping was minimal in tw2 so I had hoped they could reach the same effect in 3.

I think he's in. You can see someone who looks like Letho in the Sword of Destiny trailer when it shows all The Witchers and also this mystery character is pretty big like Letho

I highly doubt he's a highlighted character considering
you could kill him off at the end of The Witcher 2
He'll be in the game, but I'm not counting on too big of a role.

Last edited:
It would be cool to see this in the game even if it would take a huge FPS hit. Combined with the hair physx it would really be neat.

Thats really something. Imagine Geralt running and fighting in tall grass. But what if we use fire sign? Oops.

What I want to see is deep snow :rebel:

I highly doubt he's a highlighted character considering
you could kill him off at the end of The Witcher 2
He'll be in the game, but I'm not counting on too big of a role.
I'm 100% sure it's Dijkstra on the pic. Big guy, bald and not Leto. Who else can it be?

I want a dangerous and very dark night, without sacrificing the witcher eyes.

In one of the books, Geralt kills a mouse by throwing a knife at it in the dark, without being under the effect of any potion. The guy sees in the dark period.
Now, I also understand that a dark night really gives you a nice feeling of danger.

Unfortunately, we can't have both, for it wouldn't make sense.

OR, maybe we can!
In order to display the darkness of the night, and still maintain witchers witchers, the developers could use something I call...

- Dynamic Pupil Contraction -

Effect that simulates in real time the contraction of Geralt's pupils, that is the amount of light that enters his eyes.

Ex: When Geralt is in a dark forest and lights a bonfire, while he is looking at the fire the forest around him should be very dark, because his pupil would be very thin, then when he turns his back to the fire he starts slowly and gradually seeing the night brighter.

Ex: When Geralt uses Igni sign in the dark, he should see slightly quickly darker, because a light source interfered with his pupil's state.

Ex: When Geralt is in a bright room then he leaves to a dark area you would at first see everything very very dark, like we see it, and then slowly and gradually the dark becomes brighter.

I believe that this effect happening dynamically and smoothly, will be able to delivery both, the feeling that you are in a very dark and dangerous place, and the feeling that you are a badass witcher.
I know this effect is present already, but what I propose here is enhancing it by adding it at some other occasions and adjusting its time and intensity.
We shouldn't also forget that full Moon nights are very bright.

Last edited:
lots of cool new beard and haircut options, including at least all of the haircut options from TW2.
e.g A Soul patch with a Goatee and sideburns with no moustache. A No-mans-land Afro, a Nilfgaardian pompadour and a Skillig island Mohawk!
I'm just kidding, but a handlebar moustache would be kinda funny to see on Geralt;)

Last edited:
And why those spikes in the one on the left? You know, having spikes is such a bad idea for a pratical armor...c'mon cdprojekt

First ciri and yennefer high heels
Plus bad UI...
Then wolves with red lights
Then everyone ridicously beautiful
Also worth mentioning the potions reccomended while hunting monsters
Oh, and the crossbow, was bad, really bad. Not only is not witchers thing,well I can tolerate this, but I can tolerate to a point, when they showed three bolts shot at once plus ammos auto recharge, was too much, too much!
After all that, those spikes (I could even accept small ones, but those are big)
Cdprojekt what you want?

(I didn't mentioned things in chronological order)
I'm not bothered with the new eredin, except it's quite cliche (mainly the skull)
What changed on you, in the time between this vgx trailer and now, cdprojekt?

Yeah I'm really starting to complain here around, it's a shock for me all this sudden change, one year ago the witcher was the saviour of true games, no DRM, free DLC, one developer working here said that their way of work is one of 20 years ago, thinking about the quality of the game and not to get more money, by doing easy tricks to attract crowd. We get exclusive xone features, hollywood characters, that's gaming industry hero now,or not, is that still the case, cdprojekt?

I didn't mentioned the top right icon that spoils the monster hunted, because that must be some kind of joke, we know him before knowing who he is!

I hope, I HOPE, that the material selected for gameplay video was specifically selected to see the community feedback, and then see what to change and what not

Last edited:
And why those spikes in the one on the left? You know, having spikes is such a bad idea for a pratical armor...c'mon cdprojekt

Plus bad UI...
Oh, and the crossbow, was bad, really bad. Not only is not witchers thing,well I can tolerate this, but I can tolerate to a point, when they showed three bolts shot at once plus ammos auto recharge, was too much, too much!
After all that, those spikes (I could even accept small ones, but those are big)
Cdprojekt what you want?

I'm not bothered with the new eredin, except it's quite cliche (mainly the skull)

Yeah I'm really starting to complain here around, it's a shock for me all this sudden change, one year ago the witcher was the saviour of true games, no DRM, free DLC, one developer working here said that their way of work is one of 20 years ago, thinking about the quality of the game and not to get more money, by doing easy tricks to attract crowd. We get exclusive xone features, hollywood characters, that's gaming industry hero now,or not, is that still the case, cdprojekt?

I didn't mentioned the top right icon that spoils the monster hunted, because that must be some kind of joke, we know him before knowing who he is!

I hope, I HOPE, that the material selected for gameplay video was specifically selected to see the community feedback, and then see what to change and what not

Bummer man, you sound way upset.
I'm still really stoked to play this new game, I hope you still give the game a chance when it comes out.
I really think all this change is for the better of the game, it looks WAY more fun than TW1 & 2 combined.

Plus bad UI...
Cdprojekt what you want?

High heels: She (Ciri) wore them in the books even when fighting. I'm not really surprised or bothered by someone like Yennefer wearing the boots she's wearing in the CGI opening

Wolves with red lights: It's not lights. It's their eyes in the dark. I think it's a bit overdone

Everyone beautiful: Really subjective. I've seen many people complain about how ugly yennefer or other characters are

Recommended potions: I'm pretty sure this is no different from having to read a book in the past games to know their weakness. You're probably going to have to read a book just like you did in the past games

Exclusive Xbox One features: What? No. The collectors edition has some worthless cards that nobody will care about a week after they buy the thing

Crossbow: Geralt does use something like that in the books. It's not a full sized crossbow. The ammo recharged fast probably because of a dev cheat. Just like how health and vigor recharged very fast

Bad UI: I do hope to see it improved. The build we saw is now about 9-10 months old and they said they were working to improve it since then. This includes all the hand holding elements and the monster icon. I want to see it improved with that too

Last edited:
Bummer man, you sound way upset.
I'm still really stoked to play this new game, I hope you still give the game a chance when it comes out.
I really think all this change is for the better of the game, it looks WAY more fun than TW1 & 2 combined.

I want to play it (is a witcher forum after all I'm in), just they got a bit more generic, I mean, in a more EA way, appealing with crossbows and beautiful geralt (like appealing with dumb things)(meh maybe we need the crossbow, as they stated, but those aren't the only 2 flaws)

High heels: She (Ciri) wore them in the books even when fighting. I'm not really surprised or bothered by someone like Yennefer wearing the boots she's wearing in the CGI opening

Wolves with red lights: It's not lights. It's their eyes in the dark. I think it's a bit overdone

Everyone beautiful: Really subjective. I've seen many people complain about how ugly yennefer or other characters are

Recommended potions: I'm pretty sure this is no different from having to read a book in the past games to know their weakness. You're probably going to have to read a book just like you did in the past games

Exclusive Xbox One features: What? No. The collectors edition has some worthless cards that nobody will care about a week after they buy the thing

Crossbow: Geralt does use something like that in the books. It's not a full sized crossbow. The ammo recharged fast probably because of a dev cheat. Just like how health and vigor recharged very fast

Bad UI: I do hope to see it improved. The build we saw is now about 9-10 months old and they said they were working to improve it since then. This includes all the hand holding elements and the monster icon. I want to see it improved with that too

Well about face appearence, geralt is too beautiful and hollywoodish, plus a generic face
About high heels, well I'm kinda shocked then, just recently I started to read the books so I'm a bit lost (I'm loving the books)
About the wolves, yep, it's as mentioned by someone too arcady, too world of warcraft style (well is not that arcady, and not horrible at all, just watch dragon age and you will see what I'm talking about)
Crossbow:If he uses something like that in the book, then sorry :/
Complaining about Xone exclusive: because of ethics, they tricked us,and with the dumb detail in the following sentence "no in-game exclusive content between platforms" , and that's a dirty trick that I expect from EA, not cdprojekt!
Bad Ui:bad UI is bad and I too hope they fixed
Probably they updated the game quite a lot so who knows

And yes, I'm a bit upset with some things, the cdred mistakes can be because no one is perfect, or because we got nitpicky, but there are flaws and one or two at least aren't nitpicking, really
I want epicness that tw1 and tw2 had (I'll post this in an another thread to not get too off-topic here)
But anyone agree about the spikes things :p? (That aren't good)

Top Bottom