The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Xtreme-Void said:
I agree but his saying the ability to purchase property to live with loved ones is fun too.

There no point to owning property in this series. Witchers are nomads, and the only home they should have are their schools they winter at. The point is almost everyone nowadays wants to purchase property in games that it doesn't fit in.

On Geralt eating and food items.

We were talking about it in the Skyrim thread how there weren't any use for food items in TW2 and it was awkward how Geralt would gnaw on a big ass chicken leg out of his pocket.

Maybe food could be treated like Places of Power. Geralt would have a meal at the tavern and he'd have a small regeneration bonus throughout the day. Geralt could also have some finger foods like bread,berries and sandwiches which wouldn't be strange at all to eat on the road.

Also,I was replaying W2 and found it really awkward not being able to sit on the chair and wait there for the rain to stop while having a drink or two. I should be an alternative meditation/waiting spot. It's bullshit we can't do that.

Think food like how food should be,
man would die without food, and it should be treated like that too, and food can be become a fun and challenging aspect of a game.
We should just keep it not too challenging or near impossible.

orreborre said:
-A filter system for your quest list in the journal

Would be nice to be able to sort your main and sidequest by: order the are picked up in, quest name, etc. But most importantly by location! I think this will be a good combination for how ever way you decide to solve the problem described above. Say you have picked up a minor sidequest that is located far away from the region where most of your other quests are. One way to maybe tackle these sorts of situations is by not follow up on that sidequest
immediately, but to wait until the main story line takes you to a nearer vicinity of that sidequest. If you decide to play the game this way, then I think the player could benifit form a location filter for the quests. Arrive in a new town? Just pull up the quest list and check if you have any old sidequest located in the area :)

I really like this idea! On the same topic, it would be great to be able to mark quest points on the map. In TW2 I sometimes wished I could mark particular spots on the map so I could revisit them later more easily (or locate something else in relation to them). In labyrinth-like lay-out of TW2 I could really used something like that. I hope it will be present in TW3.

I also wish other main characters wouldn't always stay in the same place where you left them. It annoyed me a little that no matter the time, I could always find Dandelion or Roche or whoever in the same room, in the same spot. I understand they would be bound to a certain general area, like Cedric in Lobinden or Henselt and his two tents, but I got the sense of movement, of life. There should be more of that - of course with better tracking system.

A feature I think would be cool for TW3 is to be able to choose which your main quest actually is, in a certain way. What I´m thinking about is something like I´ll try to explain below.

We know Geralt will try to find Yen or Ciri of both, and we also know Nilfgaard and the Northern Kingdoms will be at war during that time. So, I think it would be nice if we are able to decide whether the search for Yen/Ciri or the war is priority for us (regardless of what the books´ lore would dictate). But with actual consequences in the game. For example: if you decide to move forward in the search quests, you´ll miss battles in the war which you could have been able to take part on. Similarly, if you decide to take a more active role in the war, searching for Yen/Ciri becomes increasingly difficult (ideally, with the possibility of never actually finding them, or having to make a really hard decision when you do if you didn´t prioritize the search).

This idea came to me when I thought about how the civil war questline was developed in Skyrim. I liked the idea of war going on while you did your dragonborn stuff, but nothing really happened with the war unless you got involved in it. The idea would fit within the whole "choices with consequences" issue in the Witcher games which we all love (at least I do!).
And I know a lot of you will say "Geralt would never prioritize the war when the possibility of finding Yen is on the line", and you´re probably right, book-lore-wise. But since we have been developing Geralt´s personality after his amnesia during the first two games, I think the possibility if a more "idealist" Geralt should be there.

Seems you're going in the right direction with the Witcher 3 in every aspect so far, please don't mess anything up, your ideas are great so far! The one element you haven't showed so far is the story, and that is great, because we want to experience it for ourselves, but my main concern would be, to make it memorable, not shallow in any way, have depth to all the stuff you do in the game, you know, a reason, no fetch quests or anything of that meaningless sort please.

Oh yeah 1 thing that definitively needs improvement are the character models (and also their animations of the facial expressions), by that I mean the models of the NPCs, please don't make them all look the same this time around, I'm not saying make them all different because that's impossible (I don't know, if it isn't... do it!) but at least don't have any of the same looking NPCs at the same spot, it just looks bad, and make more of the different ones, this also goes for monsters, make them vary in some way, cloth, scars, body structure, something. And of course optimize the graphics/engine so my PC doesn't die when I run the game and I don't have to tweak multiple .ini-s to get a smooth frame rate. :)

I have to disagree with the last bit- there are people with rigs that can handle high performance games, and they shouldn't have to resort to mods to get the best game possible. But other than that, I agree.

cmdrflashheart said:
I have to disagree with the last bit- there are people with rigs who can handle high performance games, and they shouldn't have to resort to mods to get the best game possible. But other than that, I agree.

What's there not to agree with? He asked CDPR to optimize the game, not to limit what they can do.

Becoming a big studio is a double-edged sword and from past experiences I fucking hate that.

CDPR has proven in two games that they are an honest talented PC-ass PC developer who deserves the utmost respect and appreciation, but they've gone big, they've made big Witcher 2 sales, they started developing on CONSOLES and they clearly want some of that Skyrim player base.

I know Witcher 3 will be great but it will still have much wasted potential and limitations caused by their clear desire to become mainstream, multi-platform and make the game more accessible, and it's fucking angering.

It's impossible to deliver a truly challenging and purely deep pen-and-paper-help kind of experience when you aim for big cash and consoles, it's a proven fact.

AhmadMetallic said:
Becoming a big studio is a double-edged sword and from past experiences I fucking hate that.

CDPR has proven in two games that they are an honest talented PC-ass PC developer who deserves the utmost respect and appreciation, but they've gone big, they've made big Witcher 2 sales, they started developing on CONSOLES and they clearly want some of that Skyrim player base.

I know Witcher 3 will be great but it will still have much wasted potential and limitations caused by their clear desire to become mainstream, multi-platform and make the game more accessible, and it's fucking angering.

It's impossible to deliver a truly challenging and purely deep pen-and-paper-help kind of experience when you aim for big cash and consoles, it's a proven fact.

This video kinda proves you wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfJq1UQSuZE

They clearly state that they want to be independent. And the fact they "borrow" stuff from other games is not bad, other games have some good stuff in them, they don't copy-paste so don't worry. ;)

AhmadMetallic said:

Except for the Witcher 2.

Dalladrion said:
...they don't copy-paste so don't worry. ;)/>/>

Well, yes, lets let the good folk do their stuff, and hope for the best. If W3 also maintains the distinct thematic characteristics of Sapowski's work while being "mainstream", then there won't be a reason to complain. It's sort of set in stone, however, the anything that aims to appeal to a wider audience is likely to become pedestrian.

Also,I was replaying W2 and found it really awkward not being able to sit on the chair and wait there for the rain to stop while having a drink or two. I should be an alternative meditation/waiting spot. It's bullshit we can't do that.

Little places to sit down and take int he atmosphere would be awesome.

I thought the "hidden abilities" were just awesome, the "older ones" like strong back and the really cool ones from patch 3.3. When I first played and leveled during the prologue, I almost died when I walked into the fire trying to meditate, but I got a cool bonus to my critical chance incinerate! I really loved these and hope they return.

I really thought it was just awesome when the Dwarves gave you a room in the inn in TW2. I really liked the ability to mediate anywhere, so I typically pretend locals, mostly ones I've gotten to know, allow me to stay with them for a bit. But the it was defiantly cool to have my storage, a roaring fire and a place to sit and rest. A witcher needs a quite place to rest his mind after wandering through Vergan (take a left at the chickens, take a left at the chickens, take a left at the chickens...). I know in Flotsam you're "given" a room, but the what made Vergan special was when Skalen said, "This room, not those but this one, is yours."

It doesn't need to be fancy, it was just such a awesome little detail, a lot less noisy than sitting down in the middle of the taverns like in TW1 to meditate.

Speaking of little details, loot at this gorgeous crossbow and the runes on the doorway:

Regarding the Detective Mode:

If it's similar to Batmans Arkham Asylum/City detective mode, I'd rather have a skill tree option where you spend points on it.
For example on the lowest lvl you barely see some distortion on an object or sth. like that.

Hi all.
After buying TW1 and TW 2 on GOG.com I feel they actually give The Elder Scrolls series a serious nudge as my favourite games. I loved Skyrim apart from a few criticisms which I won't bore you with BUT.... as an artist and horse lover, I couldn't stand looking at the horses side on as the heads were SO ugly. They have donkey heads with short ears. I know horses are quite difficult to draw for most people (including many artists) but it really spoilt the game for me and anyone who likes horses. I hope if they are going to include them that they at least put some effort into them looking like horses. The characters are so well done and realistic, the graphics and art work in the first two of these games is exceptional. I hope they continue with that. A trivial matter, but I thought I throw it out there. (BTW, yes I do paint and draw horses.) Can't wait for TW 3 :)

I'm halfway through the first book (Last Wish) and a small paragraph stood out for me that I wish will be reflected in the game:

"I did my job, I quickly learnt how. I'd ride up to village enclosures or town pickets and wait. If they spat, cursed or threw stones I rode away. If someone came out to give me a commission, I'd carry it out."

Sounds so realistic and amazing.

I did my job, I quickly learnt how. I'd ride up to village enclosures or town pickets and wait. If they spat, cursed or threw stones I rode away. If someone came out to give me a commission, I'd carry it out.

The part before that always stuck with me. I love imagining a young teenage Geralt saving a damsel in distress.

One more thing I remembered that really bothered me in the previous installments of the Witcher series is, that you can't map anything to a specific key you want, you have some controls that you can customize, but some of the controls are mapped to the default keys and you can't change them, that really bothered me, having to hold ctrl every time I want to pick a sign I want to cast and then casting them, I really wanted to map those selections to the numbers, so for an example 2 would be aard or something, I never liked to press M for map in any game, not saying that that's the way I wanted it, I'm saying that an option to map anything to anything you want would be nice... basically to completely customize the controls to your liking...

Top Bottom