The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Dalladrion said:
One more thing I remembered that really bothered me in the previous installments of the Witcher series is, that you can't map anything to a specific key you want, you have some controls that you can customize, but some of the controls are mapped to the default keys and you can't change them, that really bothered me, having to hold ctrl every time I want to pick a sign I want to cast and then casting them, I really wanted to map those selections to the numbers, so for an example 2 would be aard or something, I never liked to press M for map in any game, not saying that that's the way I wanted it, I'm saying that an option to map anything to anything you want would be nice... basically to completely customize the controls to your liking...

Keys 3 through 7 are the different signs you can cast. It is possible to change the map hot key. As far as I can tell in my options page there are only five buttons that can't be remapped.

I hope CDPR doesn't forget Jacques De Aldesberg hope we can see
how his soul is doing at the hands of the Wild Hunt

Not that excited to see Adda but I wonder how she and Radovid get along. Thaler would be cool to see as well.

I hope Witcher 3 focus mode in the combat isn't any mini-game. Recent metal gear rising had great focus mode!

AhmadMetallic said:
"I did my job, I quickly learnt how. I'd ride up to village enclosures or town pickets and wait. If they spat, cursed or threw stones I rode away. If someone came out to give me a commission, I'd carry it out."

Read that in Doug Cockle's voice :)

Dalladrion said:
One more thing I remembered that really bothered me in the previous installments of the Witcher series is, that you can't map anything to a specific key you want, you have some controls that you can customize, but some of the controls are mapped to the default keys and you can't change them, that really bothered me, having to hold ctrl every time I want to pick a sign I want to cast and then casting them, I really wanted to map those selections to the numbers, so for an example 2 would be aard or something, I never liked to press M for map in any game, not saying that that's the way I wanted it, I'm saying that an option to map anything to anything you want would be nice... basically to completely customize the controls to your liking...

What? You can customize most keys of TW2 from the input settings menu, from attacks to individual signs, to radial menu to bombs.

You can't customize the inventory, map, attributes, journal, quicksave and quickload and the menu itself.

>> I want to have possibility to side with Lodge.

Previous game shows this institution in very bad light. But sorceresses have the same goal like witchers - more politics and plot, but same goals. Witchers want to save humanity - they kill beasts. But also sorceresses want to keep humanity alive and prosper.

Only sorceresses won both wars with Nilfgaard
First time on Seddan hill, second time was Lodge creator of idea to help Redanian army - not Esterad and not his wife but Sheala de Tancarville give them idea, how to give them million bezantes and Lodge's idea brings on battlefield names like Pretty Kitty, Adieu,...

Sorceress are much better than Henselt, Foltest or other kings - I think they truly had same intentions like witchers. Game tries to changes this idea, but I still prefer Lodge than kings, whom Geralt served.

I best we'll see some Game of Thrones easter eggs. Like "the wall" or you people talking about white walkers.

sfinxCZ said:
>> I want to have possibility to side with Lodge.

Previous game shows this institution in very bad light. But sorceresses have the same goal like witchers - more politics and plot, but same goals. Witchers want to save humanity - they kill beasts. But also sorceresses want to keep humanity alive and prosper.

Only sorceresses won both wars with Nilfgaard
First time on Seddan hill, second time was Lodge creator of idea to help Redanian army - not Esterad and not his wife but Sheala de Tancarville give them idea, how to give them million bezantes and Lodge's idea brings on battlefield names like Pretty Kitty, Adieu,...

Sorceress are much better than Henselt, Foltest or other kings - I think they truly had same intentions like witchers. Game tries to changes this idea, but I still prefer Lodge than kings, whom Geralt served.
That's what they say they want, what they really want is to be the greatest power like all other rulers. ;)

Oh you mean oh so casually murdering 3000 people in one battle? Murdering Demavend and Vizimir which caused thousands of deaths as well as chaos and suffering throughout both countries?

No they aren't better morally wise ( if that's what you meant ). In terms of leadership? Maybe. As visionaries? Certainly.

As for siding with them, I don't think it will happen since Letho pretty much crushed any political power they had, but hey if they can do a turn around of the situation then sure why not?

That's what they say they want, what they really want is to be the greatest power like all other rulers.

What's wrong with wanting power to use it for the greater good? This myth in popular culture that the perfect leader is one who is hesitant about wanting power and using it solely for the good of his people is just hogwash.

When Phillipa says she knows to rule more then any king in Loc Muinne she has a point. What king was willing to create a nation with equal rights regardless of race in the witcher world, a nation based on meritocracy as well? The answer is none. Saskia was, but she would never be able to do so on her own ( nor did she despite what some Saskia fans might think, she had help from Phillipa from the start ).

In fact all the greatest leaders took power willingly and used it without hesitation. Even Jesus which we can consider perhaps the only true "moral" leader, ( and no this is not a religious argument, it's a historical one ) but even then he wasn't a political leader like Mohammed, Ghenkis Khan, Napoleon, Caesar, Augustus, Cao Cao and so on.

Desiring power is an important trait for any true leader, not some immoral attitude, what they then do with that power is what they should be judged on.

The methods of the lodge are dubious, but not their goals to have a strong north, preferably with their leadership of course ;)

The north would be already conquered by Nilfgaard without the sorcerer, so they have their own motives and reasons to oppose Nilfgaard.

CostinMoroianu said:
Oh you mean oh so casually murdering 3000 people in one battle? Murdering Demavend and Vizimir which caused thousands of deaths as well as chaos and suffering throughout both countries?

No they aren't better morally wise ( if that's what you meant ). In terms of leadership? Maybe. As visionaries? Certainly.

As for siding with them, I don't think it will happen since Letho pretty much crushed any political power they had, but hey if they can do a turn around of the situation then sure why not?

What's wrong with wanting power to use it for the greater good? This myth in popular culture that the perfect leader is one who is hesitant about wanting power and using it solely for the good of his people is just hogwash.

When Phillipa says she knows to rule more then any king in Loc Muinne she has a point. What king was willing to create a nation with equal rights regardless of race in the witcher world, a nation based on meritocracy as well? The answer is none. Saskia was, but she would never be able to do so on her own ( nor did she despite what some Saskia fans might think, she had help from Phillipa from the start ).

In fact all the greatest leaders took power willingly and used it without hesitation. Even Jesus which we can consider perhaps the only true "moral" leader, ( and no this is not a religious argument, it's a historical one ) but even then he wasn't a political leader like Mohammed, Ghenkis Khan, Napoleon, Caesar, Augustus, Cao Cao and so on.

Desiring power is an important trait for any true leader, not some immoral attitude, what they then do with that power is what they should be judged on.

You really explained well why i really like witcher's neutrality.

VJETAC said:
Old dice, old fist figts, gritty tone feeling, more oren monsters quests, love cards etc...

Totally agree. I really missed the old dice from TW 1 and the fight sytems etc. I hate the dice in TW 2.

blueteainfusion said:
I really like this idea! On the same topic, it would be great to be able to mark quest points on the map. In TW2 I sometimes wished I could mark particular spots on the map so I could revisit them later more easily (or locate something else in relation to them). In labyrinth-like lay-out of TW2 I could really used something like that. I hope it will be present in TW3.

I also wish other main characters wouldn't always stay in the same place where you left them. It annoyed me a little that no matter the time, I could always find Dandelion or Roche or whoever in the same room, in the same spot. I understand they would be bound to a certain general area, like Cedric in Lobinden or Henselt and his two tents, but I got the sense of movement, of life. There should be more of that - of course with better tracking system.
I agree! Not finding the NPCs in the exact some spot would help convince the player that the other characters in the game have there own life and every day tasks that they have to do, that they aren't just spending their time waiting for geralt to come around and help him with whatever.

You could take this concept a bit further. Give the NPCs some more Mocap. I noticed in the witcher 2 that quite naturally many people in the taverns had a pint with some brew in it infront of them, but i never saw anyone drink from it. That could be a nice touch in the next game. mabye if you meet a farmer he is not just standing by his field, his could be digging, harvesting and other tasks. Things like that. And for characters that you spend a lot of time visiting, I'm gonna use triss for an exampel, she could be reading a book in her room or making preparations for a spell or be down buying stuff in the market or out in a nearby forest or field looking for a component to a spell... or maybe just having fun at the local tavern! Everybody loves the tavern! ;)/>/>

And for characters that you spend a lot of time visiting, I'm gonna use triss for an exampel, she could be reading a book in her room or making preparations for a spell or be down buying stuff in the market or out in a nearby forest or field looking for a component to a spell... or maybe just having fun at the local tavern! Everybody loves the tavern!

I wonder what ol'Dandy was up to...

I thought they did a wonderful jon in TW2 and TW1 with this. It was great to usually find Thaler asleep @ 2p.m. that lazy piece of...or Zoltan visiting/staying over at his Vivaldi's.

In the second game we'd see folks sitting on the porch, fishing chatting, inquiring about my pubes.

I'm not sure we would think too fondly of this idea if all characters began behaving like Cedric (that slippery devil), leaving us poor witchers to run around looking for everyone.

In order to improve upon it, it'd be nice if some of the more "obvious" characters got a little more variety, at least in dialouge as many people here have mentioned, e.g. the Dwarf who won't stop talking about flying women, the Soup Lord of Flotsam, and the drunken jackass who won;t stop singing "plow them all!" (well I guess he is pretty drunk).

Top Bottom