The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Glaroug said:
I'm not sure we would think too fondly of this idea if all characters began behaving like Cedric (that slippery devil), leaving us poor witchers to run around looking for everyone.

In order to improve upon it, it'd be nice if some of the more "obvious" characters got a little more variety, at least in dialouge as many people here have mentioned, e.g. the Dwarf who won't stop talking about flying women, the Soup Lord of Flotsam, and the drunken jackass who won;t stop singing "plow them all!" (well I guess he is pretty drunk).

Haha Ol'dandy x)

But you could solve that through a more advanced minimap, similar to RDR if you'd like. Give the main characters their own icons. :)/>

orreborre said:
But you could solve that through a more advanced minimap, similar to RDR if you'd like. Give the main characters their own icons. :)/>/>/>

I dislike this idea because it'll just make the map messy. Maybe they could have a toggle function for this feature if it exists.

Another addition to wishlist:

If Geralt is going to meet his relatives after so long (Ciri, Yen), they should get some time to chill and talk. This opportunity could be used to provide exposition about the character relationships and Geralt's life before death/amnesia.

The tavern scenes from TW2 were really good in providing story details and some reprieve.

Another idea just popped up in my head, if there are gonna be puzzles/riddles in some of the dungeons/locals again, they should feel more like they're there. Let me explain since that by itself sounds pretty confusing. What I mean by that is: Geralt should be interacting with the puzzles, so it feels more like he's doing them, by that I mean, he shouldn't just be waving his hand to fire a candle or ignite a rune, he should be doing stuff for real, something in the style of God of War, but not like that, that was just an example because Kratos has to move giant pillars that weigh God knows how much, while Geralt goes around waving his hand here and there. Now I'm not saying make Geralt move giant pillars (or do, if you can make it a cool puzzle) but make that aspect of the game more interactive/immersible or even a little more cinematic, by changing camera angles while doing the puzzles and such! :)

And please no more black-eye-makeup Geralt, he can have shadow on his eyes, but please, no makeup.

Something like this, but make it also look like that in the game this time.

And even though the game will be open world, it shouldn't remind me of Skyrim, or at least try to stay away from the Skyrim formula as much as you can, not that anything is wrong with Skyrim, but this is Witcher, and that's enough of a reason to do so...

I wish for there to be a short side quest involving Sile if you chose to spare her in TW2.
You'll find her in hiding some place because of the witch hunts, and discover that she's a sad shadow of her former proud self. Then you'll do something something for her and get to sex her up. Afterwards however, you'll be given an option to tell on her and turn her in to the authorities and watch her burn on the stake - think of it as a throwback to the Abigail choice in TW1.

Maximum revenge.

good day CD project
I have played few video games and I can share my problems with you in a way to help you avoid this to happend in your game

Loot drop : If we drop some od my loot in some place i expect to find that things on the place where I drop them
this helps me a lot during some tricky labyrint like caves for example i will throw "twine" every few steps to make sure from wich direction i came to that place. another case when i drop some of my loot for example "sword" i expect to find that sword after one week gameplay time i wish i could place verticaly that sword into ground and he stand there like some sort of road pointer ;)/> players don't want their loot to disapear when Geralt maditate his fireplace has to be there when he stop meditate maybe some palyers will like to meditate on open meadow and make come readable sighs with trails of their fireplace remains for example (pentagram , I

DrowRanger87 said:
open world huge and borring : make sure your gameplay area is populated on entire map

It actually doesn't have to be that populated.

What I dislike about current open world games like skyrim, two worlds, gta... is,
why am I the only one traveling in the forests, mountain,... and getting attacked by enemies or fight them?
I want to see some NPC's while I'm traveling, I sometimes want to see monsters, animal, npcs attacking each other (I read in some interview that there will be something like this in TW3).
I don't want to feel like I'm the only person outside the villages, towns.

Ok some games do have these things I speak of, but I want more, much more.

If I can do that, than monsters, animals, npc's should be able to do that as well (exploring, hunting, traveling, sailing,..) to some extent.

so in a nutshell, I want real Immersion.

Everything I'm reading about the Witcher 3 looks great so far, and I really really love the games. Today I read that there will 50 or so hours of side quests in TW3 because CDPR felt that there were not enough side quests in TW2.

My only hope is that the side quests of the game remain interesting, dynamic, and relevant. If I see a "Collect 15 salt dispensers" And other filler crap quests that polluted Skyrim, I'll break down into tears. I thought side quests were handled wonderfully in TW2, and I hope that the higher quantity of side quests do not infringe on the quality of side quests.

SIDE NOTE: As for armor seen in The Witcher 3, while I do believe we will see a lot of badass armors in the game, The style of armor in TW2 was absolutely amazing. (I'm looking at you, Armor Of Loc Muinne!) And as for the one Geralt armor we have seen so far,I hesitate to say I don't like it, but it feels..off.

The armors of TW2 was simply AMAZING, and blows Skyrim's design straight out of the water (though that's not really saying much). I loved the comfortable leather jacket aesthetics, and it looks like something that a witcher really would wear. TW3's armor by the look of the promotional screenshots I feel isn't as great, but I'm hoping that we'll get to see armors resembling some of TW2's greats: Armor of Loc Muinne, Armor of Ysgith, Armor of Ys, Dearg Ruadhri, and of course the blue leather jacket Geralt starts with! Hopefully CDPR don't try and fix what isn't broken

DrowRanger87 said:
non linear story line choices : balance between things what you get and what you will miss don't make game punish you for bad desicions

Wait, that's the whole point of the challenge. There aren't any good or bad decisions, there are decisions which produce, from YOUR perspective, desirable or undesirable consequences. I would definitely like to experience "punishment" in the form of undesirable consequences, if just to see another aspect of the story.

I also think you can count on there being decisions which will put you past a point of no return in some way or another. But a player can always reload if something bothers them that much.

The whole point of choice and consequence should be to have meaningful consequences, and part of that is to have mutually exclusive scenarios.

This is something that bothered me about Skyrim- the fact that you could be the king of the Brotherhood, the king of Jorvaskarr, and the king of the thieves in the same play through. It trivialized what it meant to be in any of those factions.

Hi guys!

OT: In this video interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ-rIY-W9ZQ they say the idea of TW3:WH will be something similar to the Gothic series. That's a nice thing in my opinion.

Now, the list of what I would love to see in the game, if possible:

1) I'd love to have the chance to customize my equip (you know, adding gadgets, changing shapes, colours, look and why not, stats also). Would be cool to be able to modify hilts on swords, adding some decoration on blades, on armors...asymmetrical gear! (like one boot or glove from a set, one from another both giving an average bonus like 40% of the complete pair or so)

2) I'd love to finally have the chain! Do you remember the TW1 intro with the Striga? It would be cool to have some monster (or even humans) around that can be fought with the chain. Maybe to catch someone/something alive!

3) I'd love to have a game strongly connected to the previous titles! I'd like to meet again the other witchers, like Berengar (if still alive), Eskel etc. or other important characters like Yaevinn or Siegfried (if still alive, again), Kalkstein and so on as well as Iorveth, Roche, Letho (for those who spared him) etc.

4) I'd love more emphasis! Something like the fight preparation cutscene at the entrance of the cave saw in "52 and a half". I think it would add some desirable cinematic atmosphere (skippable for those who don't like cinematics or disabled by game option) at least during the hunting routine.

5) More interaction with the world elements like we saw in Assassin's Creed 3 (hunting was nice, brawls were fun and I hate to be stuck on a stone or a root)

6) Lootable equip from killed humans! Usable crossbows (bows don't fit that much with a guy who goes around with two huge swords on his back, uh? But a small crossbow on the left shoulder, who knows?)

7) Would also be VERY cool a "real life needs mode", for hardcore players, that will oblige them to go to sleep, eat and drink every now and then if they don't want to get some debuff effect (this would make the game really harder than the usual difficulty levels). Things like cooking or setting a firecamp in certain spots would be great I think (it's an RPG, right?).

8 ) Dynamic weather affecting magic would be great (Igni less powerful under the rain, Quen stronger...these kind of things).

9) Adrenaline affecting stats and not filling a gauge for group kills only.

10) Dynamic reposte against one or more enemies at once (not necessarily a lethal one but a cool one).

11) What about some fishing to relieve Geralt from the stress of a hard day of fights? :D

12) In case of quests that require some companion following Geralt, the chance to do some combined action (during fights or combining signs) depending on the companion peculiarities.

13) Since it will be an open world in dire times, some bandit now and then on the path would be cool (ambushes and the like...non-linear adrenaline!)

14) More complex rituals to perform and/or curses to break (Wherewolves? Vampires? Ghosts? A witcher prefers to break a curse when it is possible, right?).

15) I would like to see some old monster again if it fits with the kind of terrain we will see in TW3 (Wyverns, Ghouls, Kikimores...that stuff).

16) Oh and of course, something very interesting would be a decent horse fight in every possible combination (horse vs on foot, horse vs horse and on foot vs horse...amazing!).

Geralt could use the Yrden sign to unsaddle his enemies fighting on a horse...wouldn't that be cool? Think about it!

And that's it! Thanks in advance whatever you decide to do with my proposals!

Also using signs like Aard or Igni while on a horse would be cool, don't you think? Using Aard to unsaddle someone or burn a pack of enemies while the horse runs. Cool, wouldn't it be?

Think about it, please!

esaurifuso said:
1) I'd love to have the chance to customize my equip (you know, adding gadgets, changing shapes, colours, look and why not, stats also). Would be cool to be able to modify hilts on swords, adding some decoration on blades, on armors...asymmetrical gear! (like one boot or glove from a set, one from another both giving an average bonus like 40% of the complete pair or so)

2) I'd love to finally have the chain! Do you remember the TW1 intro with the Striga? It would be cool to have some monster (or even humans) around that can be fought with the chain. Maybe to catch someone/something alive!

4) I'd love more emphasis! Something like the fight preparation cutscene at the entrance of the cave saw in "52 and a half". I think it would add some desirable cinematic atmosphere (skippable for those who don't like cinematics or disabled by game option) at least during the hunting routine.

7) Would also be VERY cool a "real life needs mode", for hardcore players, that will oblige them to go to sleep, eat and drink every now and then if they don't want to get some debuff effect (this would make the game really harder than the usual difficulty levels). Things like cooking or setting a firecamp in certain spots would be great I think (it's an RPG, right?).

:cool: Dynamic weather affecting magic would be great (Igni less powerful under the rain, Quen stronger...these kind of things).

9) Adrenaline affecting stats and not filling a gauge for group kills only.

10) Dynamic reposte against one or more enemies at once (not necessarily a lethal one but a cool one).

14) More complex rituals to perform and/or curses to break (Wherewolves? Vampires? Ghosts? A witcher prefers to break a curse when it is possible, right?).

15) I would like to see some old monster again if it fits with the kind of terrain we will see in TW3 (Wyverns, Ghouls, Kikimores...that stuff).

I really like those, hope that we get to see some (or all) of that stuff too.
Also it would be cool to fight the Manticore and the Slyzard.

warthriller said:
Hey guys, I was just thinking of how awesome the next game in the franchise could be. I'm sure if a wishlist is made early, the developers could possibly take notice and incorporate some of the community desires into their next game (we all know it will be made eventually!)

I would personally want to see:
-A multiplayer duel mode where players can 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 each other. (although with signs, this would probably be hard to incorporate. Perhaps players would all be generic soldiers that do not have signs.)

-Combat in which nontargeted enemies can still take physical sword damage.

-The ability to kick enemies that get to close, this will move them a small distance and deal low damage.

-A well-developed sneak system.

-More mini-games!

-The ability to purchase property.

-Fast-Travel

-Bigger enemies and more epic bossfights

These are just some quick things I thought of that I would want to see, what about you guys?

Allright, now i´m going to make a wild brainstorm of a lot of things i´ve always wanted to see in a game, and i´m only posting it because I believe that if someone could pull this off in a game, is Projekt Red... their way of working is admirable, detail oriented, realistic, logical... they take their time to do the things the right way, and they do it the right way...
These are some sand-box or RPG games I really liked and that have elements I would like to see in other games:
Witcher 2 of course, one of my alltime favourites, Red Dead Redeption, Arkham City, Dragon Age Origins (ONLY Origins), Mass Effect 2 (ONLY 2), Shadow of the collossus (what a masterpiece!), Dark Souls, Assassins Creed 1 (ONLY 1)... And I´m gonna add skyrim, but with one note: it could have been done it A LOT better than it turned out to be (damn you bethesda)...

Now my wishlist:
- Would be really good to finally have a game where eating, drinking, sleeping and avoiding cold are actually significant. I figure something like three bars, one for sleep, one for food and drink and the last one for coldness.
So, if you have any of those bars too low, you get slower on fighting, or you get more damage, or any other kind of logical penalty.
For instance, your total stamina gets reduced little by little over the day. If you run, or climb, or fight, your stamina reduces fast, and the overall keeps going down little by little. So, when you stop fighting, your stamina recovers up to the point where the daily one is dicreasing. Then you go to sleep, and you recover it fully for another day.
In order to keep those bars up, you must rest, you must eat and you must wear warm clothes, maybe even starting a fire at night. Also, a very important item that was used a lot in the history of human kind and we never see them in games, cloaks!
- Weapons sheaths are important and many kinds of pouches. I hate when a character carries thousands of items in a single jacket pocket. Keep it realistic :)/>/>
- Many kinds of clothes. That you can wear one over the other. For instance, not just a "Core item", a "legs item", "boots" and "gloves".. i want something like a shirt first, a doublet, a gambeson, a jacket, a cloak.. then gloves (maybe one for each hand), pants or tights, boots, maybe socks even, hoods, scarf, bracelets, greaves, a brigantine or any other piece of armor, rings, bracelets, collars, and a lot of different items. each one could have a warmness level that would help get that coldness bar up. Same as a weight, so you have a limit, like you did in TW2.
- I know Geralt is a lone ranger, but personally, i like teamates.. specially if they do things on their own. I mean, they need to have a good AI.
- Do NOT include potions during combat, i really like the whole "Getting ready for a hunt" thing. Not just by drinking stuff before entering a cave, but also the whole "Creature hunting investigation"...
- If you are going to use "Fast Travel", make it able once you have allready visit that spot. I really like when, in games, you need to get somewhere by your own means before you are able to teleport there. Specially if that place is on the top of a mountain... and you take days to get up there... so, camping would be cool...
- I did not like in TW2, the fact that NPC kept saying all the same things over and over and allways at the same spot. It would be really cool to make the NPCs move arround the city or town, of even travel from one city to the other, according to their lifestyle. So if you meet someone at city A, and you find him again in city B, you could have different lines and conversation options.
Also in the same town, i hate having the "market guys", "the tabbern guys", "the castle guys".. it would be really good to have people in a town being at different places during the day and the night, i´d love to have each NPC on a daily or even weekly cycle on their own.
- Since TW3 is going to be an open world, it would be really cool to have many many NPCs traveling arround, maybe even bandit gangs, wandering arround the woods, and when you pass by, being ambushed and that sort of things. Same could be with the wild life. Also, if you have bandit gangs, and you have soldiers patrol, make them fight each other upon meeting on the road, so the player could choose to step in and help any side, or just pass by and not get involved.
- maybe, maybe, a little "geralt customization".. i don´t know, maybe a haircut, or tattoos, or some silly thing so the player can make "his own Geralt"... many kinds of clothes would help..
ooh, in-game scars would be cool.. like a scar after you get injured during game action..
- following that line of thought, if you get in a battle, and don´t get killed but injured, make it hard for him to walk or move, make him need assistance in a town, or even leave his body injured in diferent ways.
You could be bleeding out and have to get fast to someone in order to be attended and survive the bleeding. It could work similar to the three bars I mentioned before, if you get injured, you get some penalty and you have to move arround with a bandage, but then you can get healed and recovered, and that penalty goes away. Same could work if he fights for a long time and stamina goes out, so he moves slower, and he´s tired, and enemies also get tired so their moves are less powerfull..
- I like finishing moves, but they work really great if they have two conditions: A- not mini-movie-like, but part of the action instead, and B- responsive to the enviroment, like if Geralt is against a wall, a "wall-jumping finishing move".. or if he is next to a cliff a "pushing the guy over the cliff finishing move" and that sort of things... I dind´t like the Skyrim finishing repetitive-automatic-cinematic moves at all... I did like the arkham city finishing moves.. well, the whole arkham city fighting dinamic was really good...
- keep crafting, keep picking up raw material and sketches...
- One thing that i really liked about the books, is the witchers lifestyle.. sadly, i did not play TW1, so i do not know how that worked on the first game and maybe you allready did that.. but since this is going to be open world, i´d really like to have the whole contract for a hunt thing. Although, i did not like the "lets extinguish this race" to get paid we saw on TW2...

cmdrflashheart said:
Wait, that's the whole point of the challenge. There aren't any good or bad decisions, there are decisions which produce, from YOUR perspective, desirable or undesirable consequences. I would definitely like to experience "punishment" in the form of undesirable consequences, if just to see another aspect of the story.

I also think you can count on there being decisions which will put you past a point of no return in some way or another. But a player can always reload if something bothers them that much.

The whole point of choice and consequence should be to have meaningful consequences, and part of that is to have mutually exclusive scenarios.

This is something that bothered me about Skyrim- the fact that you could be the king of the Brotherhood, the king of Jorvaskarr, and the king of the thieves in the same play through. It trivialized what it meant to be in any of those factions.
totally agree with you!

DrowRanger87 said:
good day CD project
I have played few video games and I can share my problems with you in a way to help you avoid this to happend in your game

Loot drop : If we drop some od my loot in some place i expect to find that things on the place where I drop them
this helps me a lot during some tricky labyrint like caves for example i will throw "twine" every few steps to make sure from wich direction i came to that place. another case when i drop some of my loot for example "sword" i expect to find that sword after one week gameplay time i wish i could place verticaly that sword into ground and he stand there like some sort of road pointer ;)/>/> players don't want their loot to disapear when Geralt maditate his fireplace has to be there when he stop meditate maybe some palyers will like to meditate on open meadow and make come readable sighs with trails of their fireplace remains for example (pentagram , I

sfinxCZ said:
>> I want to have possibility to side with Lodge.

Previous game shows this institution in very bad light. But sorceresses have the same goal like witchers - more politics and plot, but same goals. Witchers want to save humanity - they kill beasts. But also sorceresses want to keep humanity alive and prosper.

Only sorceresses won both wars with Nilfgaard
First time on Seddan hill, second time was Lodge creator of idea to help Redanian army - not Esterad and not his wife but Sheala de Tancarville give them idea, how to give them million bezantes and Lodge's idea brings on battlefield names like Pretty Kitty, Adieu,...

Sorceress are much better than Henselt, Foltest or other kings - I think they truly had same intentions like witchers. Game tries to changes this idea, but I still prefer Lodge than kings, whom Geralt served.

have you read any of the books? what are you talking about?

CostinMoroianu said:
Oh you mean oh so casually murdering 3000 people in one battle? Murdering Demavend and Vizimir which caused thousands of deaths as well as chaos and suffering throughout both countries?

No they aren't better morally wise ( if that's what you meant ). In terms of leadership? Maybe. As visionaries? Certainly.

As for siding with them, I don't think it will happen since Letho pretty much crushed any political power they had, but hey if they can do a turn around of the situation then sure why not?

What's wrong with wanting power to use it for the greater good? This myth in popular culture that the perfect leader is one who is hesitant about wanting power and using it solely for the good of his people is just hogwash.

When Phillipa says she knows to rule more then any king in Loc Muinne she has a point. What king was willing to create a nation with equal rights regardless of race in the witcher world, a nation based on meritocracy as well? The answer is none. Saskia was, but she would never be able to do so on her own ( nor did she despite what some Saskia fans might think, she had help from Phillipa from the start ).

In fact all the greatest leaders took power willingly and used it without hesitation. Even Jesus which we can consider perhaps the only true "moral" leader, ( and no this is not a religious argument, it's a historical one ) but even then he wasn't a political leader like Mohammed, Ghenkis Khan, Napoleon, Caesar, Augustus, Cao Cao and so on.

Desiring power is an important trait for any true leader, not some immoral attitude, what they then do with that power is what they should be judged on.

applause my friend!

guipit said:
-Geralt carving animation (would be bad ass and immersive)like Monster Hunter games from PSP & Wii
no more just clicking that brown bag you actually have to carve the creature to get the ingredients maybe there could be an extra gruesome animation for getting trophies from the carcass
-Geralt foraging animation while we're at it
-Monsters attempt to run away when they're weak and they're a bit hard to find
so you have to kill them fast before they escape.
-Monsters eat other creatures to gain health
If it successfully eluded you it feeds or sleeps to regain health. If you take to long you might have to wait till the next day.

these would be cool if they were added.

i really liked these ideas

Since NPCs will be joining Geralt on his travels, it would be nice to give the player an option to fight alone in combat. If NPC assisted combat is only as long as that in the beginning of Ch. 2 or Ch. 3 of TW2, then awesome! But if it's prolonged, then the player should get an option to proceed solo.

Top Bottom