The Witcher Adventure Game to be published by Fantasy Flight Games

+
vivaxardas said:
And all these developers for android are just herds of idiots who do not know they are loosing money? Even though I do not know specifics, I find it simply impossible to believe.

Profitability and level of programming skills were never the same thing. People who buy Androids less likely buying apps than iOS owners, that's a fact. Commercial Android app may sometimes even cover expenses to make it but VERY few make profits enough for medium to large companies to be bothered with. The best option for Android developers is to get side investment (by the virtue of persuasion) for several years of development, which will guarantee that they will earn their money and then they can safely fail in selling your product. :) That's what many companies do in real life. And there are, of course, business to business products, which are independent of problems with end users of Android devices.

Well, I can judge only from my consumer experience. The companies that make games for mobiles, such as Artifex Mundi, do not make them for a single platform, be that iOS or android, or whatever. They cover several of them at once. For all I know making such games for a single one, even iOS, may be not financially viable. But for several major ones it is obviously good enough because they stay in business. So I can't say it either way, but judging by the android market, the devs find this platform appealing.
Also right now, at least here in USA, android tablets are promotional material, and companies give them away for free. I got my first tablet when Verizon switched us to Fios, and I am pretty damn happy with it. They are a lot cheaper too, as far as I know. It seems like a more appealing tablet option for people now.

Selling application per copy isn't the best idea IMO. It's better to offer valuable services if you want to monetize something, and charge for using the service and offering support. Charging per application? Not so good and prevents most such applications from being open, which makes them seriously less trustworthy by default. Games are an exception, because they have no associated services or support which you can monetize. In order to increase trust there, games can use open engines, while retaining their data private for example.

JackinTheGreen said:
The only problem I see here is why would anyone play the other characters (specially Dandy or Yarpen), besides Geralt... I guess a roll would decide who plays each character?

You don't want to play as deceptive and charismatic roguish bard?

the physical version will be localized (please!!! )
or only english (and polish off course) ??

I don't have any problem with it. (I tried it now.)

But something is wrong with connection..
this shows up sometimes, some troubles with buttons on this board etc..
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at en.thewitcher.com Port 80
Don't know if it's my fault or not..

JackinTheGreen said:
The only problem I see here is why would anyone play the other characters (specially Dandy or Yarpen), besides Geralt... I guess a roll would decide who plays each character?
Well, I'd would definitely play as Dandelion! That game could be fun :D
Anyways if you always play as Geralt - at some point you want to try something new: abilities, stories, ways to survive and gather money etc. It's good to have some variety.

I'm thinking if this game has erotic or nudity themes... as I don't have many friends to play this with and I don't know if it would be too embarrasing to play some nudity cards/themes in the game...

sfinxCZ said:
I don't have any problem with it. (I tried it now.)

But something is wrong with connection..
this shows up sometimes, some troubles with buttons on this board etc..
Don't know if it's my fault or not..

I've got something similar...

vivaxardas said:
Well, I can judge only from my consumer experience. The companies that make games for mobiles, such as Artifex Mundi, do not make them for a single platform, be that iOS or android, or whatever. They cover several of them at once. For all I know making such games for a single one, even iOS, may be not financially viable. But for several major ones it is obviously good enough because they stay in business. So I can't say it either way, but judging by the android market, the devs find this platform appealing.

Sorry for offtopic again. Just to finish discussion.

Companies do both platforms mostly because if they get their profit from iOS and just get even on Android is fine. What I've never seen is a project successful on Android more than on iOS. Android app might get profitable but it is a rather gamble, so you won't see many commercial Android exclusives but there are lots of successful iOS exclusives.

Back to the topic.
Considering the Witcher board game app, it will most likely be successful if marketed as a sidekick ad with TW3 if TW3 a success, of course. I'll never buy the app though, because the whole idea of the board game is to play with friends in person, not on the electronic device. I may buy the board game but only if its mechanics designed well, plays equally well with 2,3 or 4 players and if the outcome is decided by intelligence of the player not luck. So, obviously, I'll play it first before deciding whether it's worth buying. Those board game boxes take precious space at home, one have to be picky :)

Maerd said:
Android app might get profitable but it is a rather gamble, so you won't see many commercial Android exclusives but there are lots of successful iOS exclusives.

To finish the discussion, exclusives these days show incompetence of developers who can't properly address cross platform releases. Or may be it shows their severe lack of resources. Either way, it's not good for potential users of their products. Sorry for off-topic.

Registration for preorders worked for me just now .

If you fellas want to continue a discussion then open a thread about . Otherwise stay on topic .

Wonderful news indeed.This isn't actually at all my favorite gaming platform,but I might seriously consider it, given that is about our witcher.

Thank you.

CiriusWhite said:
I'm thinking if this game has erotic or nudity themes...
Yes, there are affairs especially in Dandelion's adventure deck. I wouldn't expect cards with naked ladies though.

CiriusWhite said:
I may buy the board game but only if its mechanics designed well, plays equally well with 2,3 or 4 players and if the outcome is decided by intelligence of the player not luck.
Uh, what? Adventure game - more or less - is always tied to luck factor (I hope for less). WAG is not eurogame and should NOT be the one. Didn't you notice lots of dice? Ameritrash at its finest.

Top Bottom