The Witcher Adventure Game to be published by Fantasy Flight Games

+
Aaden said:
Competitive, eh? Now, that's a surprise. Looking forward to what they come up with story-wise, to justify turning long-time companions against each other. Triss is known to have her own agenda, from time to time, but Dandelion and Yarpen Zigrin competing with Geralt..
There's no player vs. player combat in the game, so I'm okay with this. Winner can be only one, this is why you gather victory points, which you can translate as prestige or fame or merits etc.

This is great news well definately i am going to buy this.If they coming out on ios and adroid device its good to see the witcher Board game and on Psvita guys.

Vojtas said:
There's no player vs. player combat in the game, so I'm okay with this. Winner can be only one, this is why you gather victory points, which you can translate as prestige or fame or merits etc.

Yeah, of course, no PvP combat, but still... If it's competitive I expect there to be ways to hinder the efforts of your 'opponents' and that seems a bit off, imo. If there are no such ways, everybody seems to be playing their own game apart from helping someone out for extra victory points, if strategy makes it profitable at the given time.

I expected the game to be fully cooperative, requiring working and thinking together to beat the (hard) challenges and the goal of the game to be to finish the stories/adventures. It seems to be way different and I'm intrigued and wondering how that pans out.

Aaden said:
Yeah, of course, no PvP combat, but still... If it's competitive I expect there to be ways to hinder the efforts of your 'opponents' and that seems a bit off, imo.
Direct conflict would be totally against the lore. Geralt, Triss, Jaskier and Yarpen wouldn't play against each other. Anyway we know very little about the rules, so we can't tell for sure, how the game will work.

Aaden said:
If there are no such ways, everybody seems to be playing their own game apart from helping someone out for extra victory points, if strategy makes it profitable at the given time.
Yes, it's possible. There are games that look like group solitaire, but still they are fun at least for me.

Aaden said:
I expected the game to be fully cooperative, requiring working and thinking together to beat the (hard) challenges and the goal of the game to be to finish the stories/adventures.
Then you would probably love Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island - Ignacy's last game. It's tough, cruel and merciless co-op adventure game. It has very interesting mechanics tied with story telling. After playing RC I was sure, that Ignacy's next game won't be co-op. In fact he doesn't like co-ops much.

The conflict is probably something like this: It's getting dark, and the nearest tavern is offering beer tankards for half price after a patron complained, the night before, of finding a rat's tail in his drink. As a merry band of friends, Geralt, Triss, Yarpen and Dandelion were for whatever reason hanging out in the forest when they heard news of this fantastic opportunity. In the face of thirst and hunger, a little friendly competition is in order and so the last one to arrive pays for everybody else's drinks. But the roads are too slow, and the woods are plagued with monsters and bandits of all kinds. Who will reach the tavern and start drinking first? And who will be the sad loser who pays for everybody's night out? Find out, by playing The Witcher Adventure Game.

Can't wait to buy this. Any ideas on when it might be releasing? I'm hoping by March with the comics. I need something to scratch that witcher itch :p

BatJak94 said:
Can't wait to buy this. Any ideas on when it might be releasing? I'm hoping by March with the comics.
March is highly unlikely. Game is still being tweaked (some minor changes like graphics, layout and such). Printing in China will take at least 2 months - it really depends on how many boxes will be ordered by FFG. Then shipping will take another month or two. I will be happy, if the game will be released in June. Unfortunately we have no guarantee, that will happen. September is my second guess.

I'm still wondering if this will come for Windows like iOS and Android tablets, since I don't have either and even my phone is Windows Phone :S
We do have "board games" on Steam, I don't see why this shouldn't make it as well.

Discuss.

....ok, so which sub-forum is next on the list ? Ah, this one...

We are thrilled to announce that The Witcher Adventure Game will be published by a marketplace leader in board game development and publishing Fantasy Flight Games.
Fantasy Flight Games has an outstanding connection with board game fans worldwide and is well known for the highest quality of their titles. Were really excited that we can join the party and expand The Witcher universe in such great company, said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD Projekt RED.
Ignacy Trzewiczeks The Witcher Adventure Game takes players on a journey across the world of The Witcher as they assume the roles of four beloved characters from the books and computer games: Geralt of Rivia, monster slayer; Dandelion, roguish bard; Triss Merigold, cunning sorceress; and Yarpen Zigrin, dwarven warrior. A variety of quests invite players to hunt monsters, earn gold on dangerous missions, and interact with the characters they meet in a web of alliances and treachery.
We are very pleased to partner with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher Adventure Game. The story and the setting of The Witcher really lends itself to an adventure board game. Were looking forward to players being able to craft their own narrative during the course of the game, said Steve Horvath, Senior VP of Communication and Digital Business for Fantasy Flight Games.
Watch the Teaser Video for a taste of whats to come and visit the newly launched website for further details.
The game is slated to a worldwide release in 2014.

This game sounds awesome! 2014 is going to be a great year :]

Also, that's a damn fine picture, Marcin :p

Everything between 100 and 200 is ok but more than 200 is a no no... if it will be high quality of course.

Last edited:

Discuss.

....ok, so which sub-forum is next on the list ? Ah, this one...

I know that many months separate our posts, but I wanted to say FFG love releasing expansion boxes for all their games. I would be more surprised if this didn't happen eventually.

I know that many months separate our posts, but I wanted to say FFG love releasing expansion boxes for all their games. I would be more surprised if this didn't happen eventually.
Expansions will be released, if the game will sell well. Designer said that expansions are planned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom