The Witcher among IGN’s PC Editor’s most anticipated games of 2007.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher among IGN’s PC Editor’s most anticipated games of 2007.

It’s become kind of a tradition for IGN’s editors to write up their very own and personal post E3 briefs and summaries. From the hoard of game titles at the convention, each editor choosesten titles that have caught their eye and conquered their gaming hearts. This year, “The Witcher” landed a place on ALL of these lists. Moreover, Charles Onyett himself has placed our game on thirdplace! Take a look at IGN’s website for details...

3rd place... once again gratz :) Such a high position and statement should convince more doubter or at least draw their attention to the game.And... once the The Witcher leaves Guild Wars far behind, which it already did on the KRI 2007 8)

Congradulations!! that is certainly a nice honor to be among the top 10 .. and #3 ..... awsome! I hope for the sake of this game that they will have a demo available soon after release, because many will not buy a game until they have at least tried it and see how it works/runs on their system/is any fun to them.Not to worry I will have my copy imported from canada, so I can have my ' R ' Rated scenes and the blood and gore I deserve. Regardless of a demo or not. But I just want to make sure the game does well so you can make a sequel ! ;D ;)End of Transmission ¥

I just one constructive thing to say: YEEAAAHH!!! xDDI'm telling you guys, those people that haven't yet heard of The Witcher should be feeling embarassed by their ignorance by now :))

I'm just curious to know why Bioshock is so damn popular? I know that I can't really compare the two with each other since they're so totally different, but still. I think The Witcher is currently underappreciated. Maybe that's a good thing and it'll jump up out of (almost) nowhere and jack all those other games on the lists when it comes out xDD hehe

Mothra

Forum veteran
well, i don't know if/why bioshock is popular, but I sure HOPE it.for me and my friends this game reminds us of everything we ever loved about gaming:SystemShock2DeusExBeyondGoodAndEvilThief 1+2but it still stand on its own with the unique settings and story. and it just oooozes atmosphere.and the PR guys did everything up till now, for the already converted they had a few blogs+interviews,so that we are satisfied and visit us personally on the ttlg/2k message boards.for the CounterStrike/Halo/GearsOfWar kiddie crowd there are the ACTION-gameplayvideos galore withexploding heads and burning corpses.Witcher, on the other hand.....has what, 2 trailers ? One gameplay video I am aware of. a few concept drawingsand a bunch of screenshots. and it's still away in september or even november. so it's pretty much under the radar.i often get the WTF is Witcher ? - reply

Regardless of how it turns out, The Witcher certainly won't be hyped beyond its worth like too many games are. Well, unless Atari really goes crazy with the marketing in the final weeks.

I agree, Darian. That's one of the things I like about this developer - it at least seems to be the case that they're truthful about their game. How it'll turn out, we'll see when the game comes out. At least for now, though, I get the feeling that they're a safe bet to get some proper entertainment :)

Which doesn't change the fact that a little help from the devs in keeping our hype at it wouldn't hurt =P. I'm wondering where that gameplay movie go???

Since we've announced putting a gameplay video together, we've been working on the concept, design, compiling it, and getting it approved (so yes, it's not all that simple). Bear in mind that the final gameplays that you finally get to see have usually gone through the whole process from concept to final product a couple of times at least, as we need to get these things right and approved by all the decision makers at the studio unanimously. Naturally, for the end viewers of these vids, i.e. you dear gamers, this may seem tedious and often unnerving but I expect you'd be more inclined to see a vid that we ourselves find cool :) So bear with us, please. We're working on it as we speak. The guys respnsible for getting the gameplay together are just opposite my desk. I'm guessing a subtle nudge or elbow from you wouldn't hurt them too much =P I'll send them your greetings then :) I'll keep you posted.

Apart from the vid I think the devs are eagerly working on that demo version (or whatever you will call it) here, so that we dear gamers can experience a few of The Witchers world. Or maybe it's already done.I think the expectant fans are a bit more critical than "normal" poeple ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom